What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

1 minute ago, recom273 said:

Does your copy have English Subs?

I checked the media info and I could only find Icelandic subs, 720P too

I will download and check.

The Spud version has hardcoded English subs.

Edited by JHolmesJr

3 hours ago, recom273 said:

Does your copy have English Subs?

Can't remember which site I got my download off but I don't think Sno subbed it either. I thing I just downloaded it and played it back on VLC Media and the English subs came through on that.

I found history channel's three part miniseries Washington to be very good. 

Also you don't need to be American to appreciate it.

It might change your view of Washington, mostly in a good way.

I think I had a common American impression that Washington was not at the intellectual level of founding father's like Jefferson and Adams but he had a different role than they did, and arguably a much more critical role. It's fun to imagine what would have happened if Washington wasn't there then, as General and first president. 

There are some really juicy details in the series around his struggles in the revolutionary war and the massive unlikelihood of beating the most powerful military force in the world. Then there is Martha. Why did she burn all their letters after his death?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 9:42 AM, faraday said:

The Wire, is really very good.

Hi,well i tried the wire ,apart from the fact every other sentence seemed to start with fu_k i could hardly understand what they were saying most of the time ,sorry but i gave up half way through episode 2. it just didnt grab my attention .

thanks anyway

4 hours ago, faraday said:

Yes, sometimes it is difficult to understand some US movies, often I have subs up.

Try The Shield.

Yes,just watched the first episode ,first class , this ones a keeper ,thanks

by the way just finished a really good Brit one , D C I Banks with Stephen Tompkinson , very good .

• Like 1

Just watched the first 4 episodes of a series "Baghdad Central". Very well done and gripping. I am waiting for the last 2 episodes to conclude this story.

UK TV is just as difficult to understand as US series. I need to use my headset often when viewing some of the series like "Vera" and "Shetland" and many others I have seen

8 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

Just watched the first 4 episodes of a series "Baghdad Central". Very well done and gripping. I am waiting for the last 2 episodes to conclude this story.

UK TV is just as difficult to understand as US series. I need to use my headset often when viewing some of the series like "Vera" and "Shetland" and many others I have seen

lots of tv series are like this these days ,the time when actors spoke properly have gone ,now half the time they seem to mumble the words ,i find i need subs and my hearing is great.

• Like 1

Another quality true crime documentary by Netflix.

Bloody heart breaking to watch at times.

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez 

Filmmaker Brian Knappenberger investigates the tragic death of an 8-year-old California boy who endured horrific abuse by his mother and her boyfriend, along with the fractured and complex systems that failed to protect him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks will27...... love true crime stuff, but think I will give that one a miss......can't take watching what some people will do to their children.....

But Thanks for the Murder 24/7 series

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know it’s old hat now, but it’s taken me a bit of time to get round to finishing the series off. 

Watchmen

I didn’t find the beginning too interesting, but then about halfway through it started to jump around just like the book did, If you ever read the comic then you might find the tv series interesting

On 2/28/2020 at 5:21 PM, Daffy D said:

Stopped watching after the first three episodes.

Found it boring, nothing like the real Star Trek :sad: 

Stopped watching after 5 episodes. Not only is it slow but I don't like the 'continuing drama' style. Lost interest in Discovery for the same reason. DS9, & also the X-files suffered the same fate during later series.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

6 episodes into Zerozerozero.

One of the most delightfully layered shows Ive seen.

Once huge coke shipment and three intertwined narratives

unfolding on different continents....rivetting. 

Episode 5 has turned what was a very good show into ridiculous nonsense.

I dont think so....I am just concerned at the amount of coke they have lost so far

as bribes....10% of 5000kg in Senegal....and 100kg to the moroccan terrorist group.

At this rate Don Minu is going to be most unhappy by the time the shipment arrives.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I dont think so....I am just concerned at the amount of coke they have lost so far

as bribes....10% of 5000kg in Senegal....and 100kg to the moroccan terrorist group.

At this rate Don Minu is going to be most unhappy by the time the shipment arrives.

Oh, come on, Isis would have just taken the lot and beheaded them for good measure. totally unrealistic. It's as though the writers have tried to cram as much action into each episode no matter how ridiculous.

Edited by giddyup

Les Beaux Mecs AKA Tony's Revenge

Summary: In 2010, Tony Roucas, a.k.a. Mad Tony, who is serving a long-term prison sentence, and Kenz, a young delinquent, share the same tiny cell. They escape from prison, have absolutely nothing in common and have nothing to say to each other.

Enjoyed the first episode of this one.

All 8 with hard-coded subs on TPB.

Edited by Will27

On 2/25/2020 at 10:02 PM, Will27 said:

Murder 24/7

If you like true crime shows, episode 1 of this new one from the Beeb was really good.

Summary:  This new police procedural doc has a different timescale – three murder cases from arrest to conviction – and a split-screen visual style reminiscent of a 70s surveillance thriller.

Has anyone seen e2?