What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10720914/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

McDonald & Dodds  TV Series

A shy and enigmatic Detective Sergeant is partnered with a wildly ambitious Detective Chief Inspector to solve crimes in the historic city of Bath.

Detective duo, similar to well knows others but set in the ancient city of Bath. 

Light entertainment with subtle humor, Well worth a watch.

:thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1

I have taken to downloading a few old movies because I can't see much in the way of good new movies at the moment, and one I watched the other night was, "There will be blood" and I was surprised how much I missed in the first time I viewed it.

I never realised what an evil b'stard Daniel Plainview was and how he was so driven by selfishness and greed. Watching it the second time put a whole new perspective on it for me.

Also downloaded, "The Vanishing" (the one with Jeff Bridges and Kiefer Sutherland in it) and I must have watched another one somewhere along the line as I seem to recall a different ending? Ok though.

"Cast away" was another one I viewed, although I have watched this one at least half a dozen times and even this time I picked up something in it which I hadn't noticed previously...........just after the part which I found particularly moving (where he has visited his ex-wife in her new house and had to make the decision to leave) he was talking to a friend about how funny life was and relating how one never knew what "the next tide would bring", obviously in reference to the articles which kept washing up on his island, and especially the plastic door which he used for a sail and which basically saved him.

The next shot was him trying to deliver the long lost parcel which he had held on to, and bumping into a woman who in the first part of the film was married, but now appears to be single......then pondering on what road he should take!

I have removed posts on a tech issue that has been asked/answered and acknowledged.

This is to stop any further comments/posts potentially derailing this topic.

Any future tech issue or advice needed please post in the "Audio/Visual" forum.

The final episodes ( 7 and 8 ) of zerozerozero appeared online, maybe this is nothing new, but, I saw a comment within my files that these were the officially subtitled versions available on amazon prime, if that makes any difference.

Also, Vice news has appeared again, if you like an alternative view of the happenings in the real world.

Also, proper mindless trash, Big brother Canada, has returned, take it or leave it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of my favourite TV thrillers has now dropped a second season.

Bad Banks is an unusually well made and engrossing story set

in the high tech finance world. Well worth a watch. In German with English subs.

I accessed it via Kodi so no idea if it exists on the usual sites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2020 at 9:47 AM, faraday said:

The only place I found e02 was on Daily Motion.

E04 should be out today.

I watched E02 on Daily Motion----(thanks for that faraday, I hadn't used the site before) Its ongoing about the same crime, I think the whole series is.

Don't know why E02 hasn't been downloaded anywhere.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 10:58 AM, Blue Muton said:

Season 6 of Power has just been released, IMO this is a very entertaining and engaging show although perhaps it's not for those who prefer their cast to be whiter than white.

Whiteness is so very over rated. On so many levels. And I say that as a white man. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I watched E02 on Daily Motion----(thanks for that faraday, I hadn't used the site before) Its ongoing about the same crime, I think the whole series is.

Don't know why E02 hasn't been downloaded anywhere.

I think episodes 4 and 5 are about a new case.

But don't hold me to it.

On 1/6/2020 at 9:44 PM, Will27 said:

Documentary - Colin Hay - Waiting For My Real Life

I'm not what you'd call a big Men At Work fan, but this is a really good doco.

Colin Hay - Waiting For My Real Life' is the story of singer-songwriter Colin Hay, former front-man of Men At Work. We follow Hay from his earliest days in Scotland, through his family's emigration to Australia, to the massive, worldwide success of his band, to the depths of addiction and failure, to a slow climb back up the ladder seeking relevance, artistic freedom and ultimately, transcendence.

Some of his current music is really quite good.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 7:03 AM, Will27 said:

Better Call Saul season 5 will be released on Netflix (UK) 24 Feb.

There are few shows I have watched in the past few years, as slow, and as boring as this one. I tried and tried to get through it. Season one was like watching paint dry. Season two seems a tiny, tiny bit better, but I stopped watching it. I hear season three is terrible. Can someone explain to me why this show is so popular? I loved Breaking Bad. But this? Feels like drivel to me.

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There are few shows I have watched in the past few years, as slow, and as boring as this one. I tried and tried to get through it. Season one was like watching paint dry. Season two seems a tiny, tiny bit better, but I stopped watching it. I hear season three is terrible. Can someone explain to me why this show is so popular? I loved Breaking Bad. But this? Feels like drivel to me.

No explanation required really.

It's all down to personal preference.

I don't like GOT and Star Wars and yet droves of people love it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, faraday said:
9 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I think episodes 4 and 5 are about a new case.

But don't hold me to it.

Think they probably are, & I hope they're uploaded because this is yet another great police series.

Murder 24/7

I take it by that no one has found torrents for E4 & E5 so far?

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

It does get better, but I did find it hard going until s03. It's really about how Jimmy becomes Saul, because of his brother. 

I much prefer this to BB, which was very well done in every aspect, but I had no empathy for Heisenberg. I expected him to be a kind of lovable anti- hero, but I despised him.

However, in both shows, there are some fantastic characters, played exceedingly well.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2020 at 2:37 PM, Mike Teavee said:

Thanks... I remember enjoying the movie (Denzel is one of my favourite actors) so will definitely be checking this one out 

I find when I watch some movies that are over 20 years old, they do not hold up well. This one did. Watched it recently, and it was every bit as good as I remember it. And Angelina sure looked good. Amazing how much happens in 21 years. LOL.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:49 AM, Rimmer said:

Black and Blue

Watched it last night,  A very good fast paced action movie about A rookie New Orleans police officer is forced to balance her identity as a black woman after she witnesses two corrupt cops committing murder.

I thought it was about balancing her identity as a decent human being, who does not slaughter innocents, unarmed people, or competing drug dealers. 

12 minutes ago, faraday said:

It does get better, but I did find it hard going until s03. It's really about how Jimmy becomes Saul, because of his brother. 

I much prefer this to BB, which was very well done in every aspect, but I had no empathy for Heisenberg. I expected him to be a kind of lovable anti- hero, but I despised him.

However, in both shows, there are some fantastic characters, played exceedingly well.

Yep

It was a slow burner for me.

Thought the first two episodes were slow going but

It's gotten a lot better.

Still preferred BB by a fair distance though.

• Like 1

DOCUMENTARY: Sarah Payne: Five Mistakes That Caught a Killer
On: Channel 5   

Examining the murder of Sarah Payne, an eight-year-old girl who was killed by Roy Whiting in 2000, and the mistakes he made that led to him being arrested and locked up for life. The program features interviews with detectives, forensic experts and other crucial witnesses, charting the police investigation and the evidence that led them to her killer.

-------------------------------

• Thanks 1

Whilst Xylophone and Spidermike were digging up old movies I downloaded some even older tv shows (from my youth, so very much older TBH). Three acclaimed British wartime dramas from the 70's and early 80's, namely Colditz, Secret Army and Enemy at the Door. I stumbled across one then the other two just followed, like they do.

Colditz is the one that sticks in my mind the most, I probably watched more of them back in the day as by the time the others appeared I was out and about most nights. Just viewed the first episode of Secret Army and found it quite watchable.

53 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

DOCUMENTARY: Sarah Payne: Five Mistakes That Caught a Killer
On: Channel 5   

Examining the murder of Sarah Payne, an eight-year-old girl who was killed by Roy Whiting in 2000, and the mistakes he made that led to him being arrested and locked up for life. The program features interviews with detectives, forensic experts and other crucial witnesses, charting the police investigation and the evidence that led them to her killer.

-------------------------------

Can't find it anywhere to d/l....

17 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Me neither.

chaos UKTV as usual will27.......but I find that eztv usually pick up what they do a day latter & they putnit on PB...it was out just last night.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, recom273 said:

The final episodes ( 7 and 8 ) of zerozerozero appeared online, maybe this is nothing new, but, I saw a comment within my files that these were the officially subtitled versions available on amazon prime, if that makes any difference.

The finale was as good as it could have been...enjoyed this series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

For me the last two seasons have been some of the best tv shows that I can remember for a few years. I get that it is not for everyone though. Certainly BB was easier to digest and more 'entertaining'.

• Like 1