What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

Anyway..All is not lost, ...the trailer after that was "Fracture" Antony Hopkins at his best as a calculating murderer.

Its 13 years ol----and a great movie if you haven't see it, the pirates still have lots of activity on it . Quick download

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Season 4 of Fargo has just started.      

This is a little off Topic again---apologies to all----- another great Free E-book site Z Library, they have over 5 million books which they put out in all formats MOBI--EPUB  etc   & 77 mill

Ozark   Series 1-3 available with subs from RARBG   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0   The Byrdes and their teenage kids, Charlotte and Jonah, are, for

Posted Images

22 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Remakes of British series in US are very rarely good. Adding wokeness to the slow burn Brit style is a recipe for disaster. I'm not sure I can name any that worked, although there must have been one or two.

As expected. Now fans of the originals usually don't care for remakes anyway. And other things being equal, an audience member will likely prefer a familiar environment: awesome white wigs, for example, in Law & Order UK over actual hair or baldness in Law & Order.

But these American remakes are generally considered to have worked better. Sometimes the underlying quality is about the same, but the American series add in a lot more. 

House of Cards
The Office
Shameless
American Idol
Whose Line Is It Anyway?
Three's Company
Sanford and Son
Veep
Lotsa Luck
Secret Millionaire
Being Human

Not that I liked any of these except the earlier seasons of House Of Cards, but they were all popular w/ the masses.

And then--watch your knickers--there actually are some Brit remakes of American series that are generally regarded as inferior to the originals.

Days Like These
Married for Life
Brighton Belles
Nobody's Perfect
In with the Flynns

But we can agree the present era is probably the worst for remakes. That's been evident for a few years now. It'd be nice to have hope for the new Dune or Battlestar Galactica, but--no. We'll see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 9/26/2020 at 10:59 AM, DrTuner said:

I started watching Ratchet on Netflix. Looks good after first two episodes. And to answer my own question, no, it doesn't seem to be connected to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, although being an origin story, that might pop up later.

Just watched Ep 1, predictable story so far does it get better? 

The movies I didn't throw back after this month's torrent trawl. 

Worth a watch imho

Hotel Coolgardie 2016                   
The Devil All the Time 2020            
The Counterfeiters 2007              
Fernando Torres The Last Symbol   (tissues required)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Just watched Ep 1, predictable story so far does it get better? 

I'm only on episode 3 now as wife started watching and wants to watch together. That's rare. Yes, it's getting better, but no real surprises, just well flowing story.

Edited by DrTuner
2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Season 4 of Fargo has just started.

Almost a three year wait. Comedian Chris Rock and Gomorra mob boss Salvatore Esposito, different for sure. 

fargo.jpg.d79042bb4248a1ba852130dd408349fe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/27/2020 at 12:01 AM, bobandyson said:

Watched that one a few times myself. Also I enjoyed Burt's last western...Cattle Annie and Little Britches.

Burt has obviously made lots of movies, another one that comes to mind is " The Train (1964)"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059825/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_5

In 1944, a German colonel loads a train with French art treasures to send to Germany. The Resistance must stop it without damaging the cargo

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1