What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

51 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Well watched it last night ,looks good , well acted and as i said no PC rubbish like mixed race couples ,high class People from other nations and same sex marriages in historical dramas, in other words it was not on the BBC.????

Why don't you change your record. Your repetitive benging on about "mixed race couples" etc became tiresome long ago. Are you incapable of working out for yourself that many of us in this forum are in "mixed race" relationships? Keep it to the telly here and bore of elsewhere with your other nonsense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, faraday said:

I think he's highlighting how the BBC, is so blasted pc & the too obvious way, that whenever they make a Drama all genders, race, sexualities & disabilities, are thrown in.

You may think that, I disagree, it's been a constant theme on this thread.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

You may think that, I disagree, it's been a constant theme on this thread.

Well, that's probably because a lot of people are fed up with all the PC garbage and catering to minority groups for fear of offending somebody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if I was just in the wrong mood, but the last episode of "Curb your Enthusiasm" was a total fizzer. The scene of the car accident was totally boring and went on far too long. Oh well, they can't all be winners I suppose, or is the show running out of steam?

21 hours ago, canthai55 said:
Got in a little hometown jam
So they put a rifle in my hand
Sent me off to a foreign land
To go and kill the yellow man
Bruce Springsteen

Sang the hypocrite that dodged the draft.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Not sure if I was just in the wrong mood, but the last episode of "Curb your Enthusiasm" was a total fizzer. The scene of the car accident was totally boring and went on far too long. Oh well, they can't all be winners I suppose, or is the show running out of steam?

I thought episodes 7 and 8 were terrific.

Episode 9 was a bit ordinary but you usually don't have every episode being excellent.

The show has raised the bar so high.

It's still great IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

I am in a mixed race couple ,my cousin is gay , thats not what i am 'banging on"about ,its the constant pushing it down our throats by the PC brigade and those with an agenda ,  how many books about the old days had mixed race couples ,men married to men and visa versa , how many high class People of colour in London,how many black innkeepers ,its a constant stream of this misinformation that those with an agenda have ,I had never even seen a black man until i was about 8 years old and was facinated by him.

lets face it the amount of mixed race couples in the UK is tiny as are same sex married couples,or trans or binary or whatever todays trendy thing is ,but its in virtually all tv shows these days especially the BBC,why cant they just let people get on with things  and no i am not homophobic or any other phobic ,just do it in private .

Many a show has been sidetracked exactly as you have described, indeed I hardly watch any these days.

• Like 2

Please leave the personal comments about other members out of this topic.

Opinions are expressed here about movies and TV shows, not inflammatory criticism of other members opinions.

If you object to someone else's opinion, then take it up privately via PM... or it you consider it to be offensive and against Forum Rules, then feel free to use the report function to alert an online moderator to deal with it. 

• Thanks 1

Penance - new 3 part series has started.

Summary: Grieving mother Rosalie Douglas refuses to accept that her son Rob’s sudden death was an accident. Husband Luke has moved out of the house, and teenage daughter Maddie is acting out, wracked with grief and a pang of as-yet unexplained guilt over her brother’s death. Their lives change forever when Rosalie meets Jed – a charismatic young man – at bereavement counselling.

• Thanks 1

Watched "The Postcard killings" and thought it was good, with a couple twists which I didn't see coming.

Also cannot understand why quite a few downloads have subtitles (not srt) in them which describe "door opens" or "background music" and so on. IMO very annoying, however if I play them through my computer using VLC I can disable them........but would rather not. Any ideas on how to get rid of them as nothing in the download states subs.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, xylophone said:

Watched "The Postcard killings" and thought it was good, with a couple twists which I didn't see coming.

Also cannot understand why quite a few downloads have subtitles (not srt) in them which describe "door opens" or "background music" and so on. IMO very annoying, however if I play them through my computer using VLC I can disable them........but would rather not. Any ideas on how to get rid of them as nothing in the download states subs.

They’re not (just) Subtitles, they’re CC (Closed Caption) so people who are hard of hearing/Deaf can enjoy the movie/show to

figure you coffin dodgers would appreciate the extra help ????????

[Joke ????]

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2020 at 8:49 AM, sanuk711 said:

DOCUMENTARY: Howard Shipman : Five Mistakes That Caught a Killer
On: Channel 5  

Seems that after the Sarah Payne episode that the series is going to be an ongoing ongoing weekly-- that visits most of the  UK high profile killers and the mistakes they made.

This is now appearing around the place.

Just got it on Lime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

They’re not (just) Subtitles, they’re CC (Closed Caption) so people who are hard of hearing/Deaf can enjoy the movie/show to

figure you coffin dodgers would appreciate the extra help ????????

[Joke ????]

No problems with the joke and although I am in the category of what you call "coffin dodgers" my hearing is good, so I don't need these distractions.

I never see them included in the download description, so cannot choose to download without them, but as I said if I play through my computer with its VLC media player app, then I can switch them off, so that's probably the way to go.

Thanks for the explanation anyway!

Watched "Judy and Punch" last night and still don't know how to describe it as it is very unusual in some respects and may not appeal to all.

Set in what would appear to be "a century or two ago" and in Australia, it is nothing stunning, but as I said, an unusual watch!

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

I never see them included in the download description, so cannot choose to download without them, but as I said if I play through my computer with its VLC media player app, then I can switch them off, so that's probably the way to go.

In the menu page of your tv there should be an option to disable subs.

:thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1