What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

Tv series - The Twelve AKA De Twaalf

Spud17 is on fire lately...he's overtaken Sno.

He also dropped Mike and Mary....I think he gets stuff off of SBS in Oz.

Teyve got a couple f good ones out there that I hope he releases. Blinded is one of them.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Spud17 is on fire lately...he's overtaken Sno.

He also dropped Mike and Mary....I think he gets stuff off of SBS in Oz.

Teyve got a couple f good ones out there that I hope he releases. Blinded is one of them.

Sno has virtually dropped off of the radar.

Mary and Mike was really good.

On 1/6/2020 at 4:40 PM, Will27 said:

White House Farm

New 6 part series starting this week.
Anything with Stephen Graham in is worth a look.

Summary: One fateful night in August 1985 five members of the same family were murdered at an Essex farmhouse.

Is this available to download anywhere?

A new season of silent witness has started ,dont worry its nice and PC ,a white woman ,married to a black man ,with a mixed race child , as per usual do white men marry white women or black men marry black women on tv any longer? still Emilia Fox looks as good as ever.????

• Thanks 1

Manifest S2 E1 is out now

Just finished watching the Messiah & enjoyed it (Make sure you have subs on as 30-40% of it is in Arabic & Hebrew), hope there's a series 2 to wrap up some of the outstanding questions, but wouldn't be surprised if that was the intent and it's a 1 series show.

Also caught up on S2 of Top Boy (Be careful if you watch it on Netflix as they list S2 as S1 & S1 as S2 but it doesn't really matter as S2 is watchable in it's own right but there are a couple of scenes that make more sense when you know the backstory from S1 - Ironically one of them not being why Dushane was in Jamaica at the start of S2) 

FWIW I also enjoyed the Christmas Carol 2019 & latest Dracula 

Now watching Our Godfather... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10095336/ 

Belated Happy New Year to everybody & here's to some great new TV/Movies this year (We had some crackers in 2019, including a few from the Beeb that despite being too PC where thoroughly entertaining). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This one starts tonight, looks right up my street.

Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector

Former NYPD detective and forensic genius Lincoln Rhyme was at the top of his game until a serious accident at the hands of a notorious serial killer forced him out of the field. When Amelia Sachs, an intuitive young officer who has a gift for profiling, finds herself hot on the killer's trail, Rhyme finds a partner for this new game of cat and mouse. As the unlikely detective duo join forces to crack the city's most confounding cases, they must also race to take down the enigmatic killer who brought them together. Inspired by the best-selling book "The Bone Collector."

• Thanks 2

Just started a new series of Death in Paradise ,all the usual places, , 

also dont know if any of you will like this  but a series of Documentries  called GORE is out there ,its all pictures and film of dead bodies executions ,etc etc , i remember it from years ago ,then it was banned ,quite a few Thai bits in some of the episodes ,those of you who have been here a long time may even remember the magazines that you could buy of death ,executions ,decapadated bodies ,you name it .

happy horror day????

Have very recently subscribed to (paid for) Netflix so going through a lot of the Docos on there & stumbled across one called "Fightworld" with Frank Grillo (Famous for playing the "Hard Man" as an actor, I hadn't realised he actually is a a pretty tough guy).

Only watched the "Thailand: Fortunate Son" & "Israel: Masters of War" (for me Krav maga is the ultimate urban close quarter fighting style, it's the stuff they use in the movies) but I really enjoyed them both & think Frank does an amazing job of getting right in there... 

More Docos to follow ????

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

dont know if any of you will like this  but a series of Documentries  called GORE is out there ,its all pictures and film of dead bodies executions ,etc etc

That sounds like my worst nightmare! - As I've got older I find myself less & less able to watch stuff like that... Sure sucks being a retired Serial Killer ???? 

Whoops... I'm sorry, I meant mild mannered bank manger (Same Same).... 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Haha 2

Mad Men about NY advertising agency in the 60's but I was not aware it is 7 series, so about 90 episodes. Some beautiful women when western ones still were, cars and accurate costumes. The lead lady January is one of the most divine creatures I have ever seen on a screen. They drink and smoke constantly, different times.

54 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Louis Theroux has a new one out called Selling Sex.

Summary: With the sex economy booming, Theroux sensitively shadowed three women at its coalface – from

a hard-up student to a woman married for 44 years.

Was the pun intended?????

• Haha 1