What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

On 5/27/2020 at 9:46 AM, petermik said:

Try Un Village Francais....7 series 12 episodes each english subs available...:thumbsup:

The wife is adding French to her languages and finding this show both interesting and useful. Big Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 1

I mentioned Tom Hardy a few posts ago and how much I enjoyed a few of his movies, so last night I sought out another one called, "The Drop" and also thought it was very good.

He plays a laid-back, mild and good-natured guy who works nights in a bar............

• Like 1

Control Z

Extremely derivative eight part series from Mexico that might be renewed, virus willing.

The characters are all elite Mexicans in a fantasy high school and are all white Mexicans which might surprise some people.

Weirdly the text messages which are widely used in the show are all in English! Maybe that's for a dubbed English version but the Spanish version has that too!

My "excuse" for watching a teen oriented show like this is to help with my Spanish, and it's remarkably good for that, but it turns out that I found it to be very entertaining and more sophisticated than I expected.

This isn't must see golden age of television level for anybody, but I have to be honest and recommend it for some escapism. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, recom273 said:

One Lane Bridge

I started watching last night, looks interesting - amazing scenery.

Thanks for this. I enjoyed Joel Tobeck in "Dr Blake Mysteries" that I vegged out on over the last few weeks so I'll give this a go.

Interesting Netflix documentary, if a little depressing

For the Brit's there is a very interesting interview in Ep3 with an employee on Epstein's private Virgin Islands island regarding an encounter with Prince Andrew and a topless young girl at the pool! Oh and it gets worse in Ep4

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2020 at 8:07 AM, faraday said:

Anyone know when The Bureau season 5 is coming to Netflix....?

Also dropping on SBS on Demand on June 18.

https://www.sbs.com.au/guide/article/2020/05/21/top-new-series-and-special-film-event-june?cid=od:edm:curatorspick:relation:newinjune:editorial1:na

You will need a VPN.

The Bureau

Fans of this show have been awaiting its return with baited breath. Season 5 sees new Director of Internal Security, JJA (Mathieu Amalric) running the office while Marie-Jeanne (Florence Loiret Caille) takes on fieldwork in Egypt. Back at the DGSE, staff are shaken by rumours published about the fate of Malotru (Mathieu Kassovitz). Is he dead or alive? What role did the DGSE and the CIA play? JJA’s paranoia heightens as do the stress levels of Sisteron (Jonathan Zaccaï) and Ellenstein (Jules Sagot). Will we finally learn the truth?

Joining the cast this season is film actor Louis Garrel (Mon Roi, Le Redoutable) as agent Mille Sabords, tasked to investigate Malotru. Behind the scenes, Palme d’Or and César-winning director Jacques Audiard (Dheepan, A Prophet) is on board, and Kassovitz also directs several episodes.

The Bureau season 5 premieres at SBS On Demand on Thursday 18 June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK --so I have taken this from a membership site--- it may be of help to those that have Ipad's I don't know because I haven't.

So please don't ask me any questions about it----The members on that site are raving about it.........so if its of any use---good

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've set up a Google Drive shared folder with iPlayer subtitles from the past six weeks or so. (**Posted in Dec 2019)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Pig32r_cG5uow0FKgxvYtN3Aj2h10X6L
It gets updated every four hours between 12 pm and 4 am GMT.
It contains sub-folders sorted by channel and then alphabetically as well as 0-9. A missing folder means there are no subtitles beginning with that letter/number. For each folder there is a download icon - you might want to avoid clicking on that unless you really want a zip file of all subtitles within it, although Uploaders who are repacking monthly soaps etc. might find it useful.

Just to say, if you let your TVCUK account go inactive, then have a dig around in your spam box, you might have received an interesting email overnight, 

Edited by recom273

I've downloaded all 10 series of "Would I Lie to You" and am gradually working my way through them all. 

This is a series well worth watching, hilariously funny, good clean British humor at it's best.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ramy, Season 1 and Season 2.

Both are hilarious but Season 2 is seriously edgy.

The characters are mostly Muslim Americans but don't let that scare you.

I would say people that like Atlanta would like this too but Atlanta is the superior show.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, recom273 said:

Just to say, if you let your TVCUK account go inactive, then have a dig around in your spam box, you might have received an interesting email overnight,

I Take it your a TVCUK member...... did you now see what it takes to send an invite to someone to join.....21,000.....makes you think they don't want any more members.

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Season 1, 8 Episodes out,  Alex Rider, about a young lad who gets

involved with spy's, coloning, Action,Adventure, well worth a watch.

regards worgeordie

Reminded me of a movie plot and a quick google brings back a 2006 movie called Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457495/ 

Seem to recall it was a big of a "Younger" movie but not a bad watch so will give the new series a fair go