What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Reviews aren't the thing thing I look at.

But if something keeps getting awful reviews, like Capone, I don't bother.

As far as IMDB goes, 7.00 is pretty much a par score for a decent movie IMO.

I disagree completely. A 7.0 rated film, is typically a very good movie and one that is highly rated on IMBD. And I much prefer user reviews over pro reviews. 

I agree about Capone. Tom Hardy is outstanding. Even he could not save this absolute turkey. I think I rated it a 3.0

Edited by spidermike007

3 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Just finished watching it and enjoyed it ,but just realized as it was a true story they had to stick to the FACTS and could not make it into the usual PC story ,so no openly gay married couples ,no black men  married to white women or visa versa , no trans people ,it must have broken the hearts of those in charge at the BBC .????

'Murder in the car park' on Ch4 is looking good for the same reason; It's a true story of a murder in UK cira 1987 & the 15 mins or so that I have just watched has caught my interest sufficiently to watch the full monty later this evening (90 mins).

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 8:39 PM, bert bloggs said:

Just watched the first part of a 3 parter "the Salisbury poisonings " enjoying it ,all parts on lime.

I've watched all three episodes. I thought it was a well produced series, a very enjoyable watch.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I've watched all three episodes. I thought it was a well produced series, a very enjoyable watch.

Yep, I thought it was pretty good as well.

Would've been good if they said what happened to the two accused Russians and

what action the (UK) took afterwards.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 12:15 PM, sanuk711 said:

I am not getting that Peter---I get them asking if I would allow for people to see my phone number...share data etc as below----maybe because I was a member ofTtwiter when it first kicked off, then left .......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review your current settings
Please take a moment to read and agree to your current selections.
Discoverability
Let others find you by your email address

Let others find you by your phone number

Personalization
Personalized ads
You will always see ads on Twitter based on your Twitter activity. When this setting is enabled, Twitter may further personalize ads from Twitter advertisers, on and off Twitter, by combining your Twitter activity with other online activity and information from our partners.
Learn more

Personalize based on your devices
Twitter will always personalize across the devices you’ve used to log in. When this setting is enabled, Twitter may also link your Twitter account to your other devices — ones you’ve never used to log in to Twitter — to help measure and improve your experience.
Learn more

Personalize based on places you’ve been
Twitter always uses some information, like where you signed up and your current location, to help show you more relevant content. When this setting is enabled, Twitter may also personalize your experience based on other places you’ve been.

Data
Share your data with Twitter’s business partners
This setting lets Twitter share non-public data, such as content you’ve seen and your interests, with certain business partners for uses like ads and brand marketing.

Honestly, who cares.

I just downloaded the Ch4 Murder in the outback torrent from Rarbg, it is like the TPB one a MKV file 1080p x265 and it won't play properly on any of my players.

I tried d/l'ing the full K-Lite codec pack, same result.

VLC, GoM and Windows media player.

It stutters, freezes, horrible.

Can anyone help me?

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Thanks "sm007" as I watched this movie last night and thought it was great......and have to agree with all of your comments.

Has anyone seen Central Station recently? I think it was done in around 1998, but it is timeless, features the ever great Fernanda Montenegro, and a kid that was sensational. In addition it was directed by the wonderful Walter Salles. A lovely Brazilian film. Amazing characters. Great story! 

3 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I just downloaded the Ch4 Murder in the outback torrent from Rarbg, it is like the TPB one a MKV file 1080p x265 and it won't play properly on any of my players.

I tried d/l'ing the full K-Lite codec pack, same result.

VLC, GoM and Windows media player.

It stutters, freezes, horrible.

Can anyone help me?

Just downloaded and it won't play on Windows media player, just get audio no picture, but plays just fine on VLC Player :thumbsup:

Maybe you got too much running in the background which is slowing the player. Try stopping every thing else and see what happens.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Maybe you got too much running in the background which is slowing the player. Try stopping every thing else and see what happens.  

Yeah, tried that, exactly the same result, the video sticks and the audio carries on.

There must be something missing in my PC as I have always had problems with MKV files for some reason.

1 hour ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Yeah, tried that, exactly the same result, the video sticks and the audio carries on.

I have some problems when I transfer to play on the TV.....but a PC should handle everything.....what Player are you using?

11 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I have some problems when I transfer to play on the TV.....but a PC should handle everything.....what Player are you using?

Occasionally I get a file that works just fine on the computer but for some reason is not recognized by the TV.

When that happens I use a free program called VidCoder  https://vidcoder.net/ to convert the file so it plays on the TV.

VidCoder is simple to use, you can just use it straight out of the box with default settings or play around with it a bit. I leave most of the settings alone except sometimes reduce the filesize to help save disk space.

:smile:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daffy D said:

TV Chaos has it

Its become really difficult to join TVChaosUK since it moved into a new site with very fast downloading etc, your right it has stuff that's very difficult to get elsewhere, & of course all UK stuff is out faster then elsewhere......I don't have any invites left, but I know of people who joined just by writing and ask.

Try it

13 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

There must be something missing in my PC as I have always had problems with MKV files for some reason.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

12 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Occasionally I get a file that works just fine on the computer but for some reason is not recognized by the TV.

When that happens I use a free program called VidCoder  https://vidcoder.net/ to convert the file so it plays on the TV.

VidCoder is simple to use, you can just use it straight out of the box with default settings or play around with it a bit. I leave most of the settings alone except sometimes reduce the filesize to help save disk space.

:smile:

Thanks Daffy, but ur link and two others I tried from Tom's hardware( 5.14 ) and filehippo all had the same installation error, summat to do with entry point missing in a dll file.

So now I am playing with demo version of movavi.

I'll edit in my results.

It seems the demo movavi was only for audio, not video, can't find a trial version of that.

I did all that in VLC ivorbiggun and the video is still stuck/frozen, audio is fine.

In GOM Player I getting the spinning wheel, and I am getting fed up.

Edited by OneeyedJohn

Haven't seen it but Mel Gibson's latest is out there.

Summary: A gang of thieves plan a heist during a hurricane and encounter trouble when a cop tries to force everyone in the building to evacuate.

• Like 1