BANGKOK
CharlieH

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

recently watched "call of the wild"  (Harrison Ford).2020

https://video.internetvideoarchive.net/video.mp4?cmd=6&fmt=4&customerid=442155&publishedid=463170&e=1585996412&videokbrate=1500&h=825ade9a525f555ff7c2e91a0392d868

This is best described as a good ol'fashioned family type movie, no violence, language, blood n guts etc, just wholesome family entertainment and a nice story.

If you are looking for something different to the norm these days, this is it, if you happen to be a dog lover, even better.

I really enjoyed it, as a nice change

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/the-call-of-the-wild

I remember the 1972 film, probably some on here will remember the 1935 one!

• Like 1

Last night I watched two movies (not a lot else to do!) and they were both very good in their own right...... 

The first one was called "Resistance" and IMO was very good and it wasn't until the very end that realisation hit and I realised who the hero was (no more as I will spoil it).

The second movie was an unusual movie called "Vivarium" but is well worth a watch because within it I could find a couple of reflections regarding "normal" life, as well as ............ don't want to give anything away here, but would recommend it because it's well acted, is an unusual take on certain aspects of our lives, and is just different!

• Thanks 1

New season of Friday Night Dinner comedy started.

Six part adaptation of Philip Roth's prescient novel The Plot Against America (an alternative WW2 era history about American fascism from a correctly paranoid Jewish perspective with obvious reflections on modern times). Third part starts tomorrow. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

On 3/27/2020 at 9:33 PM, sanuk711 said:

DOCUMENTARY: Born to be Different
On: Channel 4   
Date: Thursday 26th March 2020

This is taken over some years into their adulthood ----2 parts

"Born to Be Different is a British documentary on Channel 4, which follows the life of six disabled children. Reviewing the show, Times Online commented with irony that "by the end of [it], we had sobered up entirely. A queasy feeling followed, of being pulled morally up and down and in and out until you didn't know whom you pitied or why."

For those interested in disability issues I would suggest CRIP CAMP. 

April Jones: The Interrogation Tapes

Got this one today from Lime.

Summary: The Interrogation Tapes, which includes recordings of Bridger's police interviews, which are being aired for the first time. The programme details April's disappearance, the investigation launched by Dyfed-Powys Police and Bridger's arrest.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-interviews-april-jones-killer-17974828

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The other day we watched Parasite - and we were both plesantly surpised - a very good Korean movie - no wonder it won the Academy Award.   Not to be confused with Parasyte (Japanese) released in 2014 which was at best OK, and very 'annoying' and silly at times.

Finished watching the Stephen King book based 10 episode series from HBO called The Outsider. Gripping and intense. Worth watching for sure