What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

Enjoyed "Equalizer 2" yesterday, Robert McCall (Denzel Washington) returns, action from the start with bad guys being dealt with by our vigilante hero. Slight twist in this one as it becomes very personal and not just looking out for the little guy although there is some of that too. ????

Well worth a visit if action hero style is your thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Enjoyed "Equalizer 2" yesterday, Robert McCall (Denzel Washington) returns, action from the start with bad guys being dealt with by our vigilante hero. Slight twist in this one as it becomes very personal and not just looking out for the little guy although there is some of that too. ????

Well worth a visit if action hero style is your thing.

Loved it, one of the very few sequels that is as good as (if not better) than the 1st one

Denzil up there with my favourite actors 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 3:52 AM, Will27 said:

Tv series - Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez

Really enjoyed the first part.
All 3 episodes are available.

Summary: Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez is a three-part documentary series examining what led to the murderous
fall and shocking death of former NFL superstar Aaron Hernandez.

got about 3-5 mins in & binned it off... 

You Yanks do not understand "FOOTBALL"  (there's a huge clue in the word... You use your FOOT to kick the BALL)... 

Typical whinny american <deleted>... [for me] ... I'll pass

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

You Yanks do not understand "FOOTBALL"  (there's a huge clue in the word... You use your FOOT to kick the BALL)... 

The doco is about the player not the game. I found it very interesting how someone at the top of their game could throw it all away so stupidly.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I assume you watched the trailer.

Why did you even bother starting it?

I'm not a fan of American football, but like Giddyup has said, it's not really about the game.

I really enjoyed it.

Edited by Will27

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

The doco is about the player not the game. I found it very interesting how someone at the top of their game could throw it all away so stupidly.

You do understand that my reason for switching it off wasn't about the "Sport" (That's a joke, when I played Rugby League we had a few guys from American "Football" come for training, 1st thing they asked for was "The Pads", threw them a jock strap & said fill that... if you can)

Nah, more the typical over-privileged whiny American <deleted>

... The world did me bad... Boo Hoo Hoo... I'm going to go kill somebody... [There's one less moron on the planet]  

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

You do understand that my reason for switching it off wasn't about the "Sport" (That's a joke, when I played Rugby League we had a few guys from American "Football" come for training, 1st thing they asked for was "The Pads", threw them a jock strap & said fill that... if you can)

Nah, more the typical over-privileged whiny American <deleted>

... The world did me bad... Boo Hoo Hoo... I'm going to go kill somebody... [There's one less moron on the planet]  

You are giving a review of a doco you saw for 5 minutes? Others, including myself, found it interesting, OK?

54 minutes ago, faraday said:

Another good - but most probably depressing, movie by Ken Loach.

It's on rar.

Just got it on Lime.

I like Ken Loach's work.

Like you said though, won't be a barrel of laughs.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

No, it isn't.

Just ignore me mate, I'm Mr Grumpy pants today (broke the Veneer on my front incisor so not only can I not smile, but I've had to go visit my Dentist in Sathorn to get a temp & he never lets me out of the chair in less than 1 hour). 

Amazes me how I don't pay per visit here, spent 1.5 hours while he fixed the temporary veneer then decided that my other 5 weren't perfect so scans to replace - No charge (I have spent 635,000 THB to get to this point & the Venner that broke was a temporary one so to be expected)  

@Will27will give that Doco another (a fair) try when I'm in a "More Receptive" mood to watch it ???? - I've been in one of those moods today where I could pick an argument with myself & lose !!!

BTW Love Island 2019 (UK in Cape Town) is pants... only 1 fit bird on there (& this is after them bringing in Playboy wannabe twins.... Maybe being Mr Grumpy Pants again :)) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Just ignore me mate, I'm Mr Grumpy pants today (broke the Veneer on my front incisor so not only can I not smile, but I've had to go visit my Dentist in Sathorn to get a temp & he never lets me out of the chair in less than 1 hour). 

Amazes me how I don't pay per visit here, spent 1.5 hours while he fixed the temporary veneer then decided that my other 5 weren't perfect so scans to replace - No charge (I have spent 635,000 THB to get to this point & the Venner that broke was a temporary one so to be expected)  

@Will27will give that Doco another (a fair) try when I'm in a "More Receptive" mood to watch it ???? - I've been in one of those moods today where I could pick an argument with myself & lose !!!

BTW Love Island 2019 (UK in Cape Town) is pants... only 1 fit bird on there (& this is after them bringing in Playboy wannabe twins.... Maybe being Mr Grumpy Pants again :)) 

No drama's mate.

It didn't bother me.

Until you called me a yank:biggrin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

No drama's mate.

It didn't bother me.

Until you called me a yank:biggrin:

Sorry Mate... I didn't mean to

Please don't punch me, Dentist has said I shouldn't chew too hard until he replaces the veneer next Friday, I'm guessing he figured that he didn't need to warn me about not getting punched in the mouth by a P155ed off Aussie ????

Thanks mate, I (and most guys who follow this thread) really do appreciate your tips on things to watch so will definitely give that Aaron Hernandez doc a fair viewing, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it & will be passing the tip on to mum (She's the one who gives me all the tips on BBC programs, her latest tip is Ladhood but I haven't got around to watching it yet)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Thanks mate, I (and most guys who follow this thread) really do appreciate your tips on things to watch so will definitely give that Aaron Hernandez doc a fair viewing, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it & will be passing the tip on to mum (She's the one who gives me all the tips on BBC programs, her latest tip is Ladhood but I haven't got around to watching it yet)

Am enjoying Ladhood, watched 2 episodes so far, brings back some good memories from my school years, plus it’s from my old neighbourhood, near Leeds.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Am enjoying Ladhood, watched 2 episodes so far, brings back some good memories from my school years, plus it’s from my old neighbourhood, near Leeds.

Yep, I enjoyed Ladhood as well.

It can get a bit puerile, a bit like I can:smile:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Lived in Normanton (Wakefield) for a couple of years when I was dating my Yorkshire Lass.... Loved it & enjoyed the odd Saturday night around Leeds (IIRC Queen Street?) but being a Lancaster lad (Warrington, was Lancaster when I was born but boundaries got re-drawn so it ended up being moved into Cheshire) I got a bit of stick (all friendly banter). 

Will redouble my efforts to watch Ladhood (It's not on any of my streaming apps so have to set-up my VPN on my mobile & cast it on to the TV via my Chrome Cast - Things we do to watch a bit of decent telly ???? ) 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2020 at 8:37 AM, Will27 said:

Catching a Killer: A Diary from the Grave

I've never seen a bad episode of Catching a Killer.
This one looks really good as well.

Thanks  will27---watched it last night, great, very professionally done. If you had put this out as a fictional tale...people would complain that it was OTT.

So, without posting any spoilers -- because they hardly touched on the 3rd person in the room. If interested--You have to go to the local newspaper"Cornwall Live"to get more info on him and the continuing relationship with the girl who gave the impression that--it had finished quite a while ago.

One of the best productions I have seen for a while.....:coffee1:

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Thanks  will27---watched it last night, great, very professionally done. If you had put this out as a fictional tale...people would complain that it was OTT.

So, without posting any spoilers -- because they hardly touched on the 3rd person in the room. If interested--You have to go to the local newspaper"Cornwall Live"to get more info on him and the continuing relationship with the girl who gave the impression that--it had finished quite a while ago.

One of the best productions I have seen for a while.....:coffee1:

I was happy to see the end result.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Lived in Normanton (Wakefield) for a couple of years when I was dating my Yorkshire Lass.... Loved it & enjoyed the odd Saturday night around Leeds (IIRC Queen Street?) but being a Lancaster lad (Warrington, was Lancaster when I was born but boundaries got re-drawn so it ended up being moved into Cheshire) I got a bit of stick (all friendly banter). 

Will redouble my efforts to watch Ladhood (It's not on any of my streaming apps so have to set-up my VPN on my mobile & cast it on to the TV via my Chrome Cast - Things we do to watch a bit of decent telly ???? ) 

SBS on Demand is a great streaming service.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/

You will need your VPN though.

• Thanks 1