What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

21 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Lost Cities Of The Amazon

I can see it's apparently on Science channel. There's a couple results about the series generally, but none say how many episodes it will be. Can't find an entry on IMDB.

Just have to hope someone keeps putting it on tpb.

This one just appeared on RARBG.

Looks like there's only 2 episodes.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Really?

Thanks for that.

I don't think it's even been released in the cinema's yet.

I assume it's cam quality.

Hmm, looks like all the link are rubbish.

Magnet has plenty of torrents, but they seem to be rubbish too - are they put up by the film company if you say it's not out yet?

I know nothing about new films. I just googled and found alleged links.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Agree 1 and 2 were outstanding. I've held back on 3 as heard mixed reviews, what did you think of it?

3 was not as fantastic as 1 and 2, but still way better than most other series.  If you like 1 and 2, you will also enjoy series 3.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

3 was not as fantastic as 1 and 2, but still way better than most other series.  If you like 1 and 2, you will also enjoy series 3.

Yep, pretty much what others have said to me. They are doing a 4th one, btw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2020 at 12:23 PM, Jai Dee said:

I was actually referring to "vanilla" Kodi as a media player for OEJ's problems with his mkv files.

I quite often find that VLC will have out-of-sync issues between the soundtrack and the video with mp4 files in particular.

Even altering the sound track delay (up to ±1000ms) in VLC sometimes cannot reconcile the difference.

With Kodi I never have a problem. :partytime2:

As far as Kodi video addons and repos are concerned, you can't get much better than Venom and Numbers... although to get the best of everything try using the Xanax build... it's got the lot! Plus, it is regularly updated.

But that's off-topic so we'll discontinue that discussion... :whistling:

U need to help me here...I used to have Kodi but got fed up with the constant need to update.

What is vanilla kodi, Kodi with something extra, I don't understand how I can play a torrent file in Kodi.

OeJ

Broadcast on
BBC Four, 10:00PM Wed, 1 July 2020
----Welcome To Chechnya The Gay Purge---(Subs)

While I do get a little bored with reading about LGBTQ_XYZK, This guy "Ramzan Kadyrov" is a complete nut, along the likes of Idi Amin etc

I know in some countries you can be jailed for your sexual preferences --but this is just as it states----

Arrest them/torturer them for more names /execute them. The banner is Cleanse the blood of Chechnya

The doco centers around a group who work from a secret location in Russia, they risk their own lives by running rescue missions into Chechnya and grabbing who they can to take back.

"Welcome to Chechnya: The Gay Purge lays bare the Russian Federation republic's deadly war against its gay citizens. Countless victims have been killed and hundreds more are missing. With the LGBTQ community living in fear and secrecy, this brave and searing film follows the underground team fighting to rescue them - before it is too late. Since 2017, Chechnya’s tyrannical leader, Ramzan Kadyrov, has waged a depraved operation to ‘cleanse the blood’ of LGBTQ Chechens, overseeing a government-directed campaign to detain, torture and execute them."

**FYI--for Techies it  uses the new digital ‘face-double’ technique that has never been seen before in documentary film-making, (apparently) can  not be broken--the identities of those most at risk are protected.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

*SPOILER ALERT*

Sigrit - "The elves went too far!"  (as Katiana's body parts are falling onto the jetty).

Edited by Nemises
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/2/2020 at 1:19 AM, Nemises said:

*SPOILER ALERT*

Sigrit - "The elves went too far!"  (as Katiana's body parts are falling onto the jetty).

That scene was too funny as her severed arm fell on to the dock.

That sounds awful for anyone that hasn't watched the movie, but the whole thing was hilarious and stupid at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I knew there was something in the deepest recesses of my mind that told where they got the Eurovision inspiration for this;

I must have been 16 at the time, and I used to listen to the BBC World Service on shortwave, which at the time used to carry the audio stream of the Eurovision song contest. Amazing how this stuck in my head

I remember that song, I was 14 at the time , it was very catchy but the lyrics were nothing to write home about !!

It was definitely following on from ABBA who won it the year before , the guy in the blue ( whatever you would call that attire ) is a dead ringer for one of the “B’s “ ????

11 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I remember that song, I was 14 at the time , it was very catchy but the lyrics were nothing to write home about !!

It was definitely following on from ABBA who won it the year before , the guy in the blue ( whatever you would call that attire ) is a dead ringer for one of the “B’s “ ????

Yeah he looks like one of the Gibb brothers for sure

I don't think many songs are renown for meaningful lyrics, and more so Eurovision songs. My wife is a bit of a Scorpions fan and she was playing some the other other day, and while of course I understand all the words, it was totally nonsensical 

Edited by GinBoy2