What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

15 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I knew there was something in the deepest recesses of my mind that told where they got the Eurovision inspiration for this;

Here the writer tells about where the song originates from in the current movie - but I think your idea is just as plausible!:

Edited by WorriedNoodle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/1/2020 at 3:16 PM, Keyser Soze666 said:

Agree 1 and 2 were outstanding. I've held back on 3 as heard mixed reviews, what did you think of it?

Just finished them all. In all 3 internal night shots are underlit. Barely recognisable faces bobbing about amidst ghostly light bulbs.. Not a patch on Breaking Bad. Id rate it7/10. 3 was my fav, 2 the least.

Watched this movie last night. An epic tale of heroism and also how dumb the military can be,,,,,,,,,,,all the top brass who allowed this tragedy to happen should be in prison. I am writing about "The Outpost". Not sure what happened to my post and missed saying what movie

Edited by longball53098
add description
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ozz1 said:

Just watched a south African series called trackers very good jut out now

i liked it, i have watched 5 episodes but the story hasn't ended so must be another, imdb and wilki are saying only 5 ep, but rotten toms is saying there is a 6th one out next week

Outcry - this one looks interesting.

Episode 1 was good.

All 5 available now.

Summary: OUTCRY examines the gripping story of high school football star Greg Kelley, his controversial conviction and the quest for truth and justice as the case unfolds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Just looks like a replay of the civil rights movement including racist idiots like Malcolm X, does it improve if you watch it on one knee? Surely Americans know all about this, it gets repeated often enough- black, innocent victims, white, evil racists.

No. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2020 at 1:16 AM, Keyser Soze666 said:

Agree 1 and 2 were outstanding. I've held back on 3 as heard mixed reviews, what did you think of it?

[talking TD]

At the end of 3 the audience knows the solution to the case, but the protagonist doesn't.  Just ef.ing brilliant IMO.  No spoiler.

As for 2, Colin Farrell is in it.

I don't like to walk out of movies.  Then I went to see Alexander (2004).  It was painful, I won't go into detail because Farrell probably has fans here.  The best part was at 6pm they stopped the movie and we had to stand for the King's anthem -- I really appreciated that.  But I stayed to the end, and still today whenever I see his face I'm reminded of the pain I experienced that day.  He should marry Kristen Stewart.  When I saw "Roman J. Israel, Esq." I had to avert my gaze from the screen when he was on (BTW, the movie itself is not great but Denzel is, especially if you remember characters like he is supposed to be).

And I've changed my attitude about walking out on movies.

Just saw Hitchcock's "Notorious" a few nights ago, thumbs up!

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No. 

This is supposed to be about entertaining movies to watch not promoting your own personal agenda. God we get enough of the whole white man bad and the black man is owed everything everywhere else we turn.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

This is supposed to be about entertaining movies to watch not promoting your own personal agenda. God we get enough of the whole white man bad and the black man is owed everything everywhere else we turn.

Watch the show first before ranting about your false assumptions about what it's about. 

Or don't watch it.

• Like 1

Two off topic posts have been removed, Please do not try to hijack the topic which is about:

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Michael McIntyre - stand up comedian.

Have been watching Michael McIntyre shows, his shows are brilliant. if you want a good laugh  you must see him in action.

The man is a genius, he can hold an audience the size of Wembley Arena for a whole show just by himself.

Three of his DVD's are:-

Michael McIntyre - Happy & Glorious (2015)
Michael McIntyre - Hello Wembley (2009)
Michael McIntyre - Live & Laughing (2008)

He has a series of:-  Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow

Also lots of other stuff.

And now he's doing a regular "Saturday night at the London palladium" type show called :- Michael McIntyres Big Show.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 10:04 PM, Will27 said:

Outcry - this one looks interesting.

Episode 1 was good.

All 5 available now.

Summary: OUTCRY examines the gripping story of high school football star Greg Kelley, his controversial conviction and the quest for truth and justice as the case unfolds.

Just watched all 5 episodes, excellent and I thought the Thai justice system was bad! Thanks for mentioning it, worth watchng if only to see his incredible girl friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2020 at 10:24 AM, bendejo said:

[talking TD]

At the end of 3 the audience knows the solution to the case, but the protagonist doesn't.  Just ef.ing brilliant IMO.  No spoiler.

I think the discussion was about Fargo. I liked only the first season of that.

True Detective, liked 3 also, but I think not enough shootin' 'n' dirt 'n' stuff for most members here. Focuses more on character, lot of good in that, too. Plot was convoluted but finally does come together amazingly well, leaves you thinking about the colossal irony.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Live and Let Die. Had to watch it again in this age of hyper-political correctness. The over-the-top racism and stereotyping makes me wonder if/when it's going to get the same treatment that Gone With The Wind just received. Clifton James' acting as Sheriff Pepper is the epitome of the stereotypical Louisiana redneck. The only movie that comes to mind as being even more politically incorrect when viewed through the lens of today's sensitivities is Blazing Saddles. ????

Edited by GalaxyMan
  • Haha 1

Recently watched this movie that I seem to have missed first time round:- The Beast of War (1988)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094716/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

This is one of the best war-movies I have ever seen. Even if it hasn't a lot of action in it, it is still very intense. I think that the director has managed superbly to illustrate the torments of war, especially how it was - and still is - to be a member of a tank-crew on a mission in a foreign coutry. All the actors are doing a fine job and the place for shooting this movie is well chosen. And I must say that I especially appreciate the camera-movements along the tank that makes one understand the power that they contain.

Available with subs from RARBG and other places.

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

Live and Let Die. Had to watch it again in this age of hyper-political correctness. The over-the-top racism and stereotyping makes me wonder if/when it's going to get the same treatment that Gone With The Wind just received. Clifton James' acting as Sheriff Pepper is the epitome of the stereotypical Louisiana redneck. The only movie that comes to mind as being even more politically incorrect when viewed through the lens of today's sensitivities is Blazing Saddles. ????

Bear in mind the time that movie was made, the "blaxpoitation" thing was just taking off and Hollywood was looking to cash in.  I can't think of L&LD without remembering the Mad magazine take on it.  I just saw Watermelon Man again recently, some good irony and some silly humor, but no happy ending.  Some other movies I can think of that set the pace, before the 1970s trash movies came along (like Blackula) are Cotton Comes to Harlem, Superfly, and Shaft, all made by black directors.

Eddie Murphy recently put out a movie about a guy who made such movies Dolemite Is My Name , haven't seen it myself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bendejo said:

Bear in mind the time that movie was made, the "blaxpoitation" thing was just taking off and Hollywood was looking to cash in.  I can't think of L&LD without remembering the Mad magazine take on it.  I just saw Watermelon Man again recently, some good irony and some silly humor, but no happy ending.  Some other movies I can think of that set the pace, before the 1970s trash movies came along (like Blackula) are Cotton Comes to Harlem, Superfly, and Shaft, all made by black directors.

Eddie Murphy recently put out a movie about a guy who made such movies Dolemite Is My Name , haven't seen it myself.

Triggered by a memory, I watched Shaft again a couple years ago and realized what a bad movie it really was, all considered. What saved it was the immortal theme from Isaac Hayes. ????