What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

Catching up with some tv series I dl’d before :

Don’t f#ck with cats: 

Starts off as some weird lame documentary but on episode two it takes a more serious turn and gets better .

Guilt: 

A Scottish drama, 2 brothers knock down and kill a pensioner late at night, an attempt at a cover up seems to have worked until........

Hatton Garden:

A true story of the heist on Hatton Garden safe deposit boxes by a group of ageing and incompetent thieves.

( Timothy Spall version ).

Hatfields and McCoys:

Story of a bloody feud between two large families shortly after the American civil war. A good cast, Kevin Costner, Bill Paxton, Tom Berenger, Powers Boothe.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Catching up with some tv series I dl’d before :

Don’t f#ck with cats: 

Starts off as some weird lame documentary but on episode two it takes a more serious turn and gets better .

Guilt: 

A Scottish drama, 2 brothers knock down and kill a pensioner late at night, an attempt at a cover up seems to have worked until........

Hatton Garden:

A true story of the heist on Hatton Garden safe deposit boxes by a group of ageing and incompetent thieves.

( Timothy Spall version ).

Hatfields and McCoys:

Story of a bloody feud between two large families shortly after the American civil war. A good cast, Kevin Costner, Bill Paxton, Tom Berenger, Powers Boothe.

The last one wouldn't really interest me.

However, I have seen the first three already and would agree they're worth watching.

The first one (Don't F#ck with Cats) I also felt started off slow, but definitely picked up as it went on.

Edited by bluesofa

58 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The last one wouldn't really interest me.

However, I have seen the first three already and would agree they're worth watching.

The first one (Don't F#ck with Cats) I also felt started off slow, but definitely picked up as it went on.

Hatfields and McCoys is based on a true story, always appeals to me more, and is definitely worthy of a watch.

• Like 2

Outcry, a 5 part documentary which aired on Showtime.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11615234/

A five-part documentary series examining the gripping story of high school football star Greg Kelley who was arrested, convicted and jailed for sexual assault of a 4-year-old boy, and his supporters' quest for truth and justice.

Incredible incompetence by the local police department and his defense lawyer.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed Animal Kingdom over the last couple of weeks, 4 series each 12 episodes so it took some time.

Heard Kate Aidie on BBC saying how good The Sopranos was, even though 20 years old now, so I downloaded the first series. Got to the first 5 minutes of S1 E2, and now have 32 Gb more space on my hard drive !

22 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Looked all over. Can't find anywhere that has it. Rarbg hasn't got it as suggested.

Yer I can see that Rarg has dried up on it........you can get different versions of it on you tube....running from 23 min to 40+...and Dr Phil and a few others running parts of it. You can (I think ) watch it --stream or download it (if it has seeds) on BITCHUTE...46 min..... BitChute is a good site to remember for lost stuff.

Good luck

BTW*** That tread you started on religion must be the biggest thread TV has had..........

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Looked all over. Can't find anywhere that has it. Rarbg hasn't got it as suggested.

magnetdl. has it, if its 2012

edit not many seeding

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

Just finished watching Hamilton  It was OK--not the 9 point something that IMDB seems to think it deserves , but very watchable---being non American, I didn't know a lot about him so maybe that made it more interesting.

BTW**     Have they pulled down his statue yet?.............:w00t:

Watched 'Hard Times'.

Thought it an appropriate choice in the current covid and Visa amnesty climate. 

The 1975 movie features Charles Bronson in his usual role as a quiet loner, trying to make ends meet as a bare-knuckle fighter during the Great Depression (1930s).

Bronson action movies despite being filmed almost 50 years ago and clear 70s-80s style are still entertaining and way better than the present Seagal, Norris or Van Damme tripe.

If you liked 'Hard Times', you will probably also enjoy 'Mr Majestic', 'The Evil that Men Do' and the first 'Death Wish' movie (the later ones are trash).

reading up on the fire on the us warship,( i hope no one was seriously injured) i found that the ship was used for 2 movies 'battleship 2012' and 'act of valor 2012' i must of missed this movie so i watched it last night and it was full of action, battleship i will try another day

6 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I've been picking up some good movies and series from here recently as not a lot on UK TV worth watching at the moment so thanks all for your suggestions. Of course it's all down to personal taste, some movies I turned off after 10 minutes and some series I abandoned after 1 episode. I don't know if it's been mentioned here but I watched 'Heist of the Century' on Sky movies last night about a bank heist in Argentina with English sub titles. If you like your bank jobs with a bit of humor and no violence this is excellent.

Foreign movies are always welcome, I just can't find it on any of my usual sites, even not under the original "El robo del siglo" title.

Anyone with better luck or skills than I?

It has a 7.3 IMDB rating, so worth a view.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Like 1