What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

On 7/11/2020 at 10:45 PM, tlcwaterfall said:

Watched Greyhound yesterday and thought it was great . Highly recommended.

It was good, but at 1:31 hours a bit short for a full feature movie. The Cruel Sea (1953) at 2:06 hours is still the king of the Atlantic, although the book is even better.

The movie raise the question, why did the US never deploy an aircraft carrier in the north Atlantic to protect the convoys?

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

good, but at 1:31 hours a bit short for a full feature movie. The Cruel Sea (1953) at 2:06 hours is still the king

My take is that is was made for today's short attention span viewers, best seen as an immersive experience on the big screen. Not a drop of real water was used, the movie mostly done by computer remote control, much like many of the oil patch workers jobs these days.

Edited by MJKT2014
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

It was good, but at 1:31 hours a bit short for a full feature movie. The Cruel Sea (1953) at 2:06 hours is still the king of the Atlantic, although the book is even better.

The movie raise the question, why did the US never deploy an aircraft carrier in the north Atlantic to protect the convoys?

Not short enough.

• Haha 1

The Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty----BBC Last Night 2 Episodes.

I Found this to be excellent watch, takes you right through his life and the power he has.

I remember in the 80s he took over an Exclusive Island Off of Queensland "Hayman Island" for 2 weeks...... and invited people who were known but not famous ....Tony Blair, just a back bench politician in a party that wasn't even in government...etc..... what was discussed was never printed but from that meetings many of the guests rose to powerful positions in their countries with the help of a certain media outlets around the world.

This only showed 12 hours ago, so maybe a day of so before the usual places pick it up.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watched a great little movie caller, "Irresistible" and can highly recommend it and all I will say about it is that it deals with a small mid-west town, party funding and elections, in a tongue-in-cheek way.

Watch out for the two "video sound bites" running in the credits at the end, as they are so on the button as to be untrue! So pleased I stayed with it after a fairly slow start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Or

1 hour ago, JackSinclair said:

May I suggest W1A

(it's the postcode for the BBC)

Not anymore Jack----they moved to Manchester...

But on a more serious note.

Auntie

4 part doco on the BBC takes you from 1922.....up to 1986

I know a lot of people complained about Greyhound Attack. They wanted to watch the Tom Hanks movie there was some buzz about entitled Greyhound.  There are lots of junk movies out there trying to profit form the Big Movies coming out of the best studios. Well, here's a great clip from Vice News on the copy movie boom. It'll all make sense as to why there are so many cheap copy movies with similar names after watching this.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 8:41 AM, BobBKK said:

Knightfall S2  but not as good as S1 IMHO.  Trying to watch Uncut Gems but I can't understand some of the English to be honest.

whaddya mean? Try watching ''Vic - what ticks me off'' . we though Gems was one of Adam Sandlers  greatest performances. Not that I'd watch much of his other stuff (eg 'Murder Mystery' was awefully ponderous).

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 5:09 PM, JackSinclair said:

May I suggest W1A

(it's the postcode for the BBC)

A mockumentry, kinda like the office, but takin thepiss  
about the BBC's diversity.
Oh - and Sarah Parish supplies the eye candy.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3610926/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

On the subject of "The Office" came across a movie on Netflix called "David Brent: Life on the Road", I don't know if it's a poor script or "The Office" wasn't anywhere near as funny as I think I remember it but I didn't think this movie was funny/entertaining at all...

Will give W1A a try though ???? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Cursed ....... a series about King Arthur before he became king.

The most 'woke' POS ever produced.

Apparently half of medieval England was non-white, including a black Arthur.

And the lead woman is a very plain fat chick.

here's to PCNOT

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Ive virtually given up watching the new stuff ,the minute they try to foist some other lie on us i just switch off,just waiting for James Bond to be a transsexual black woman that is in a wheelchair . you think i am joking ,the way things are going  its just a matter of time .

We saw Sammy Davis Jr. in Vancouver, back in '74. Amazing show. More multi talented that I thought possible. One of his stand-up lines was: I'm a one-eyed black jewish guy - how did I ever make it in America?'  

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2020 at 3:37 PM, giddyup said:

I download from about 6 different sites, not one of them asks me to join anything or even register, just hit the Magnet download and bob's your uncle.

Thanks for those file sharing sites which I did not have previously.

(BitChute; Magnetdl. )

Any other you'd like to share?

Tia.

films we just watched and liked, altho not new:

''A GOOD WOMAN IS HARD TO FIND'' (2019)  N.I film, Lead actress (I'm not pc) gives a terrific performance. a hard-nosed film !

INTERMISSION (2004) Also N. Irish) Great cast: Colin Farell, Cillian Murphy

TV: (from 2019) - Hanna (2nd season now dropped)

The Umbrella Academy

The Politican

2020: SnowPiercer (slow start, then it catches on fire)