What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

On the subject of "The Office" came across a movie on Netflix called "David Brent: Life on the Road", I don't know if it's a poor script or "The Office" wasn't anywhere near as funny as I think I remember it but I didn't think this movie was funny/entertaining at all...

Agree.  The Office with Ricky Gervais as the pathetic office manager David Brent, was (and still is) a masterpiece.  Also the The Office XMas Special was still quite funny and even with a Feel Good twist, but David Brent: Life on the Road was mediocre, and didn't meet my high expectations based on Gervais' previous work.

Should have kept it to the original series - like Fawlty Towers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

It's been going on for centuries, ever since some clown decided to depict Mary, Joseph and Jesus as white!

In white countrys its what you expect ,if i was in Africa i certainly would not be offended if he was portrayed as black . I am sure that in African movies Nelson Mandela is not played by a white actor so as to be inclusive ,now is he?.

Edited by bert bloggs

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

In white countrys its what you expect ,if i was in Africa i certainly would not be offended if he was portrayed as black . I am sure that in African movies Nelson Mandela is not played by a white actor so as to be inclusive ,now is he?.

Nonsense, but not surprising.

You may expect a person fron the middle east to be portrayed as a white european but I would expect them to be portrayed as somebody from the middle east. You're now saying the opposite of what you spout about non-white actors "taking" roles of "white" characters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

What are "white countrys?"

Nelson Mandela was black. We have video and photographic evidence of that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Nemises said:

Great Asian Railway Journeys

Chiang Mai to the River Kwai

Michael Portillo embarks on a two-part rail adventure through Thailand.

SBS Australia, this Tuesday (July 21), 16:30 (Thai time)

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/  (may need a VPN)

Most of these are on Youtube.

I watched Safe with Michael C Hall. It's a British-French production and it's absolutely terrible. Slow moving, excruciating, everybody is miscast and dislikeable. By the end you don't care about anybody in the story anyone. 

Hall's British accent is also a bit funny.

Avoid this series at all cost.

Edited by Logosone

1 hour ago, dukeandduke said:

What are "white countrys?"

Nelson Mandela was black. We have video and photographic evidence of that.

sorry what are you saying ,? that we have no proof King Arthur was white?

Edited by bert bloggs

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

By the end of episode three I was hooked. For something that had a misleading start, it had a good ending too.

Yer I found it quite watchable.............certainly meet the PC quota of the day...... Black lead detective----white female 2nd in charge...black female 3 rd in charge.....female head of the station---black Arch villain.......etc

Off topic I know --but UK papers have just printed that there is a move to stop everyone using body parts with male names.....Adams Apple....etc

• Like 2

Watched a Canadian film called, "The Silencing" and enjoyed it. It had a few plot twists which made it very interesting and at the end there was still something that I didn't think had been explained (or I had missed it)........but then watching the credits I saw the movie title again, and it suddenly clicked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longball53098 said:

I have heard about an old Brit TV series "The Commander" 2003-2008. I cannot find anyone seeding it on the usual sites I use. Very difficult series to find,,,,,,,,,,,possibly not worth any effort to find it?

Anyone?

It is available on TV Chaos UK if you're a member.

• Like 1