What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

Second for "The Big Ugly"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9441638/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Anglo-American relations go bad when London mob bosses invest in a West Virginia oil deal in hopes of laundering dirty money 

There's a great scene near the beginning with a bunch of Southern rednecks in pick-ups flying the Confederate flag.  "you're all loosers yet you keep flying the loosers flag" or word like that 

:smile: 

On 4/13/2020 at 11:19 AM, stouricks said:
On 4/7/2020 at 9:03 AM, Will27 said:

Tv series - Twin

Episode 1 of this new series just dropped on Lime.
You can get a subbed version or the whole series with hardcoded subs.

Summary: When a young mother is responsible for the accidental death of her husband, she persuades the dead husbands identical twin to take his identity.

This is the first TV I have watched with sub-titles, and it does mean that I do not take my eyes off the sceen for a moment in case I miss something. Very good series, well made. I actually went on Google Earth to find wheree it was made....Sakrisoya in the Lofoten Islands, what a beautiful place.

I downloaded this months ago after seeing the recommendation here. I've only just got around to watching it.

Even allowing for the fact it's in Norwegian with English subtitles, I ended up binge-watching it over two nights. I felt it was well-acted and a good, unusual story.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2020 at 3:29 AM, BritManToo said:

Cursed ....... a series about King Arthur before he became king.

The most 'woke' POS ever produced.

Apparently half of medieval England was non-white, including a black Arthur.

And the lead woman is a very plain fat chick.

We all like different things of course, but to me this was one of the best series I have watched since GOT, big budget, plenty of slaughter, just when you get to know a character they get snuffed, brilliant stuff.

Give it a chance, forget about the PC, it's not rammed down your throat, can't wait for series 2

• Like 2

2 hours ago, faraday said:

House Of Hummingbird.

Well worth watching, although a little slow in parts, the acting is very good. A lovely story.

Available on the bay, the 720 copy by Galloon is best, as the subs in the 1080 are a difficult to configure.

Four stars from Ebert:  :thumbsup:

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/house-of-hummingbird-movie-review-2020

The only one I can find one there is a 720 version on there by 'Ganool'.

There don't seem to be any subtitles though?

Hmm yes...I spent about 30 minutes messing around with the subs.

I first d/l the 1080 files from Torrent downloads, then got them from open subtitles.

The subs wouldn't sync or display correctly, so I d/l the 720 Ganool movie from the bay, & then it was ok.

Bit tedious, but it's a good movie.

Good luck! ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, faraday said:

Hmm yes...I spent about 30 minutes messing around with the subs.

I first d/l the 1080 files from Torrent downloads, then got them from open subtitles.

The subs wouldn't sync or display correctly, so I d/l the 720 Ganool movie from the bay, & then it was ok.

Bit tedious, but it's a good movie.

Good luck! ????

Thanks Faraday.

It was more straightforward than I imagined, never having had to search and add subtitles manually before.

Works fine, thanks to your clear instructions.

Now just got to watch the film.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Cursed S01 quite a bit. Great take on the Arthurian legends.

Also loved Warrior Nun S01.

Binged Umbrella Academy Season 2, maybe the best thing I've seen recently. Soundtrack is simply astounding. 

Watched both Seasons of "L.A.'s Finest", really enjoyed it. Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Union crush it.

Briarpatch S01 was great.

Enjoying Condor S02, Doom Patrol S02.

Finally watched Tin Star: S01 great, S02 meh.

Watching The Alienist S02, good so far, loved the books. Also watching Yellowstone S03.

TOPIC > Problem using subtitles when streaming 123movies

As I am using a company-owned laptop I cannot use torrents to download movies or TV-series.

So I use 123movies to stream movies and TV-series and connect my laptop with my TV using an HDMI-cable so that I can watch them in large format.

123movies has an amazing and enormous collection of movies/TV-series to choose from.

However, the format in which these movies/TV-series are available for streaming varies.

ALL of them are available in HLS-format, and some of them are available both in NETU and HLS format.  They are also available in clip-format (but I never use that one).

The problem I am faced with is the following:

> When a movie is available in NETU format, there is the option to use 'captions' and that allows you to first download the subtitles of the movie you want to watch, and then have the subtitle-captions run at same time as the movie.  Works great! 

But when a movie is only available in HLS format (and majority of the TV-series are only available in that format) there is no such option.

>> So, does anyone know how I can also use sub-titles when streaming a movies/TV-series in HLS format?

The Last Igloo (2019)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11390472/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

This is a documentary about a man living in Greenland following the traditional Inuit way of life. It shows his daily struggles with finding enough food, building an igloo all set against a stunning back drop of the icy artic wilderness. An emotive soundtrack complements the beautifully shot HD footage

Beautiful movie, soundtracks, scenery. As much as the life of the main character could be simple, it is filled with nature, with loneliness, with ancesters life experiences. I don't see the sadness in the movie, I see the experienced and peaceful life. Incredibly nice movie.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure where to put this, maybe in the computer section :unsure:

Anyway, a legitimate way of making big money without even having to leave the house.

Watch this BBC IT show "Click" to see how to get rich from the comfort of your own home. No wind up no scam, just a way to make money that is perfectly legal :thumbsup:

Just remember who put you onto this  :whistling: 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 8:38 AM, touch said:

I'm looking for a Dutch TV series that's supposed to be very good. Klem (The Blood Pact) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5544138/

Three seasons have been shown on Channel Four and shouldn't be hard to find, but I've been looking on the usual suspects and have had no luck. Does anyone know where to find it?

This one is now appearing on TPB.

Spud17 is the uploader.

The Deceived

New 4 part series just started.

Summary: A young English student called Ophelia falls in love with her married lecturer, Michael. When their affair results in a shocking and tragic death, Ophelia finds herself trapped, and she can no longer trust her own mind.

• Thanks 1

Utopia.

I watched it a few years back and it was great then.  Now it's almost as if things have become closer to reality.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811/

Here's a snippet of one review.

"Utopia's bleak tone is sharp, unrepenting and well crafted, a real nugget for a Channel 4 mini-series. It has a unique visual style with slightly over saturated colours and Kubrick-esq dead-on middle of the frame one-point perspective shots, all which add to its unsettling nature.

The plot unpeels throughout the six episodes, in true 'Lost' style more and more is revealed each time building on what has gone before. The story revolves around a graphic novel, some dodgy Russians, a secret organisation, some flu outbreak and a mad scientist to boot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

This one is now appearing on TPB.

Spud17 is the uploader.

HI and thanks Will27, on Daffy's recommendation I contacted TVChaos and asked for an invite. Asked via their Facebook page and they said they'd put me on the list for an invite as soon as their new invites were going out. Around 10 days later I got an invite and am now a member of TVChaos. I did get Klem Season 1 from there .

I can really recommend TVChaos if you're interested in British TV.

Also Thanks to DaffyD that put me on to Chaos

• Like 2