What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, touch said:

Also Thanks to DaffyD that put me on to Chaos

You are most welcome :thumbsup:

A couple of bonus points:- 

If you find the Chaos page too big you can get the free "Zoom" extension from Microsoft store to zoom the size down without affecting the size of all other pages, mine looks good at 80%:-

https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/zoom-for-microsoft-edge/akclpjahoedloodjomjhnlmmblikemjj

Extra bonus, if you have Win10 with Edge, get the free "AdGuard" from the same Microsoft Store it does what it says on the tin :biggrin:

https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/adguard-adblocker/pdffkfellgipmhklpdmokmckkkfcopbh

Watched this week

Poor imho= The Postcard Killings , terrible lead actor also Famke Jenssen + botox  

Average imho = The Hunt.Hilary Swank plays with guns

Good imho = Above Suspicion. A randy cop tempted by trailer park vamp.

Happily all for free ????

above suspicion.jpg

postcard killings.jpg

the hunt.jpg

I saw a write-up about 'The Long Way Up' this morning:

"The follow up to Long Way round (Fantastic) and The Long Way Down (Pretty <deleted>), first 3 episodes out on Sept 18th, then the rest out weekly on Apple TV."

Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman on electric Harley-Davidsons through Central and South America.

I've searched, but can't see it in any of "the"usual places". Does anyone know if it is around, or does it being on Apple TV prevent that from happening?

1 hour ago, JackSinclair said:

Cr.a.p imho. Stereotypical everything, not much of interest except HER. Emilia Clark does look luscious and she's fairly convincing in such a foreign role. Too beautiful may be what's most unconvincing, but then the producers had to give a reason to watch this, or a bit of it anyway. Where's her sex tape, anyway? Ozark--now that had realistic casting, yer true trash throughout.

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, touch said:

I can really recommend TVChaos

Just a few other tips -Touch- there is so many that I will try to PM them to you as I remember.

Go to Torrents--there will be a red box to the right (filters) click on that and a box will come up--you can sort Crime ---history or whatever easier from there. But look at the Yellow star=Free Leech, all free leech programs will come up.

2/ In torrents you can search by the year---2019---or 2020 will bring up all the downloads for that year.

3 If your in Thailand be there at 7pm on a Saturday.....

well done for getting an invite---for non USA programs -I think its the best site out......all Euro & have picked up some good Sth American stuff, it doesn't rely on seeds, so no matter how old the program it will download quickly for you, I took.... Sparrows cant sing 1963 a few weeks back. I have been on there for about 9 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Just a few other tips -Touch- there is so many that I will try to PM them to you as I remember.

Go to Torrents--there will be a red box to the right (filters) click on that and a box will come up--you can sort Crime ---history or whatever easier from there. But look at the Yellow star=Free Leech, all free leech programs will come up.

2/ In torrents you can search by the year---2019---or 2020 will bring up all the downloads for that year.

3 If your in Thailand be there at 7pm on a Saturday.....

well done for getting an invite---for non USA programs -I think its the best site out......all Euro & have picked up some good Sth American stuff, it doesn't rely on seeds, so no matter how old the program it will download quickly for you, I took.... Sparrows cant sing 1963 a few weeks back. I have been on there for about 9 years.

Thank you. This is getting better all the time ????

I haven't downloaded much yet just a few hard to find series. It is a little hard to navigate the site but with your tips it's going to get easier. 

Looking forward to getting more British and European content. 

Thanks again 

Chaos are a little touchy about "Hit and Run"

That is, don't delete the file from the client the moment it's finished downloading.

I normally leave my downloads seeding about a week before removing them from the client, that seems to satisfy the system.

:smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daffy D said:

Chaos are a little touchy about "Hit and Run"

That is, don't delete the file from the client the moment it's finished downloading.

I normally leave my downloads seeding about a week before removing them from the client, that seems to satisfy the system.

:smile:

I've downloaded of the weeks free leach and let them improve my ratio. Otherwise I've been leaving stuff for a couple of weeks on my client but that doesn't really help if nobody else are interested in downloading them ????

3 hours ago, touch said:

I've downloaded of the weeks free leach and let them improve my ratio. Otherwise I've been leaving stuff for a couple of weeks on my client but that doesn't really help if nobody else are interested in downloading them

You still get points for just having files up even if no one is downloading from you.

In the old (much simpler) set up you would collect bonus points for any files you were seeding and these you could then convert into ratio. Before, when I had a slow connection this was the only way I could maintain a good ratio. Now I've got high speed fiber I don't have to worry to much about it.

I'm not sure how the system works now as it's too complicated for my aging mind, but I do seem to be collecting "Buffer" and "Bon" points so I'm guessing these could somehow be converted to ratio if necessary.  

Guess I should really look through the FAQ but as things are running OK at the moment will leave well alone for now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Guess I should really look through the FAQ but as things are running OK at the moment will leave well alone for now. 

4 nights of UK football starts tonight (tomorrow Thai) usually always good for payback---and sport free.

On 8/4/2020 at 3:12 PM, JackSinclair said:

Watched this week

Poor imho= The Postcard Killings , terrible lead actor also Famke Jenssen + botox  

Average imho = The Hunt.Hilary Swank plays with guns

Happily all for free ????

above suspicion.jpg

postcard killings.jpg

the hunt.jpg

Thumbs up for the Postcard Killings,,,,,,,,,,very watchable

On 7/31/2020 at 10:57 PM, Will27 said:

The Last Narc

This new 4 part series looks promising.

Summary: Former cartel insiders divulge the bone-chilling details behind the notorious murder and kidnapping of DEA Agent "Kiki" Camarena.

Just finished this one.

One of the best doco's of the year I reckon.

• Like 1

Anelka: Misunderstood

For anyone into UK football----its just out from Netflix 2 copies on Pirates one 860MB other nearly 6 GB...what you get in  Doco for 6GB , I wont be finding out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crime Read

A touch off topic, if your also a reader of Crime both Fiction/non Fiction.....this site will send you an e-mail every week with whats out...whats hot -whats not.

The idea is hopefully you buy the download from them, but I have noticed that an uploader on Pirates puts out everything they recommend. I am reading

Unspeakable Acts & I Got a Monster_ The Rise and Fall of America's Most Corrupt Police Squad.

So that's the above dot com..... if your a reader check it out.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 10:57 PM, Will27 said:

The Last Narc

This new 4 part series looks promising.

Summary: Former cartel insiders divulge the bone-chilling details behind the notorious murder and kidnapping of DEA Agent "Kiki" Camarena.

Amazing just finished it, truth stranger than fiction. Some of the characters like Godoy you could not cast as well in a film, scary guy that. Sickening in more ways than one, thanks for mentioning it, should win an award or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2020 at 8:01 AM, mtls2005 said:

I enjoyed Cursed S01 quite a bit. Great take on the Arthurian legends.

Also loved Warrior Nun S01.

Binged Umbrella Academy Season 2, maybe the best thing I've seen recently. Soundtrack is simply astounding. 

Watched both Seasons of "L.A.'s Finest", really enjoyed it. Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Union crush it.

Briarpatch S01 was great.

Enjoying Condor S02, Doom Patrol S02.

Finally watched Tin Star: S01 great, S02 meh.

Watching The Alienist S02, good so far, loved the books. Also watching Yellowstone S03.

Loved Umbrella Academy. Great writing + terrific actors. Just what Wrrior Nun was lacking.

On 7/31/2020 at 8:42 PM, faraday said:

Let me know what you think of it please.

Have you seen Poetry?

An outstanding Korean movie from 2010.

I've just watched Poetry.

It was another good Korean film.

Slow-moving but interesting, especially with the controversial subject matter.

• Like 1

Crime and Punishment To catch a sex offender' on channel 4 13th August

About the programme

Series that captures the work of the police and probation, prison, prosecution and parole services, all coping with difficult cases - managing risk to the public and themselves, with limited resources

85c6b3c2-54e0-468a-85dc-df078fd4367d.jpg

• Thanks 2

On 8/8/2020 at 7:46 AM, Will27 said:

The excellent Gigantes series 2 with subs has just appeared on TPB.

Series one was really good.

Summary: Gigantes is a story of fraternal love and hate. Family, drug dealing and police chases in Madrid's Gypsy underground world. The Guerrero brothers have controlled drug dealing between the Peninsula and the rest of Europe for decades.

Trailer is series 1.

Thanks for the tip.

• Thanks 1