What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

32 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Thanks  will27---watched it last night, great, very professionally done. If you had put this out as a fictional tale...people would complain that it was OTT.

So, without posting any spoilers -- because they hardly touched on the 3rd person in the room. If interested--You have to go to the local newspaper"Cornwall Live"to get more info on him and the continuing relationship with the girl who gave the impression that--it had finished quite a while ago.

One of the best productions I have seen for a while.....:coffee1:

Catching a Killer is one of the best shows going.

They don't do that many.

If you haven't, do yourself a favour and have a look at some of the earlier programs.

They're all quality.

If you've got a link, to the story, would appreciate it.

I couldn't find it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Cobra ---UK--Sky...6 episodes

first one out now 

A look at the British government in the midst of a terrible crisis. As widespread power outages cause chaos and threaten lives across the country-- On the backdrop of violent unrest in the streets, difficult decisions will need to be made against the clock if the country is to survive.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10062652/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

terrible reviews ,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

terrible reviews ,

Anything that stars Robert Carlyle as the main actor....IMO deserves a look at the first episode at least....I could well be wrong, but I have certainly wasted some viewing time on what IMDB has told me "Is 7+ and unforgettable"  

The UK papers have a different spin from IMDB.....

"

There’s a misconception that British dramas are inherently small-in-scale compared to their American counterparts. Luckily for us, the debut episode of Sky’s new political thriller Cobra is a big-budget, high-stakes political thriller that gets off to a quite literally flying start.

• Like 1

Anyone seen "Deadwater Fell"  started Jan 10th---so if its been reviewed and I'm to lazy to find Then----sorry

UK-Ch4....crime drama,     four 1 hour episodes Stars David Tennant Who is usually worth a watch.

**warning, its only 6.9 on IMDB**

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9704568/?ref_=tt_sims_tt

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Anyone seen "Deadwater Fell"  started Jan 10th---so if its been reviewed and I'm to lazy to find Then----sorry

UK-Ch4....crime drama,     four 1 hour episodes Stars David Tennant Who is usually worth a watch.

**warning, its only 6.9 on IMDB**

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9704568/?ref_=tt_sims_tt

It's been mentioned.

I really enjoyed the first episode.

Richard Hammonds Big -  New TV series

Richard Hammond embarks on a global adventure to explore the planet's biggest structures and machines

Richard explores Volkswagen's giant car plant in Wolfsburg, Germany. He checks out its futuristic technology and discovers how this mega-factory
works.

It churns out 195 vehicles per hour, 3,500 per day and about 800,000 per year, five days per week on three shifts. Since the end of the Second World War, this one plant has produced almost 11 million vehicles and provided good livelihoods to countless workers.

Veery interesting stuff  :thumbsup:

18 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Richard Hammonds Big

It got 1 out of 5 in one review ( https://bit.ly/38jGdmH ) :Top telly. They will be repeating this on Dave until the last viewer is terminated by a robot tasked with turning off the last TV. Just see if they don’t. It can only be a matter of time before BP sponsors an award for Tireless Dedication to Sanitising a Toxic Brand. It will be an outrage if Hammond doesn’t win it.

Anyone watched ep 10 of Servant....?

Really very good, & I'm sure they'll be a season 2.

Handmaids Tale s04 isn't out until much later this year.

The Bureau s05 is gonna be out March 1...so it seems Malatrou didn't snuff it!!

And Fauda.... anyone know?

22 hours ago, Daffy D said:

It churns out 195 vehicles per hour, 3,500 per day and about 800,000 per year, five days per week on three shifts. Since the end of the Second World War, this one plant has produced almost 11 million vehicles and provided good livelihoods to countless workers.

OK so you might find it boring but you got to admire German engineering and efficiency

Producing 195 cars PER HOUR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

58 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

OK so you might find it boring but you got to admire German engineering and efficiency

Producing 195 cars PER HOUR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Apparently, Hyundai was the original choice with lots more cars per day and a more comfortable environment for the little short guy but VW offered lots more perks including free sausages for the film crew.

On 1/18/2020 at 12:21 PM, Fruit Trader said:

Cobra TV Show - My favorite IMDB comment :-

"It is so frightened of offending minorities, it ends up being offensive to everyone with half a brain"

That is one of the quotes that put me off watching it ,i cannot understand what is going on ,just watched Father Brown,set in the early 60s ,now i know they always put a person or two of colour in the village ,but the last episode i watched ,A white guy back from Rhodesia is going out with a black girl who lives on a barge working  on the canal , she has a white father ,which to me is mad because she is no way mixed race and just for good measure the boyfriend goes on about how bad the white rulers of Rhodesia are against the black people . ,i know its a show about a vicar ,but ime sick of all the preaching on tv these days .

• Like 2

On 1/17/2020 at 6:11 PM, Peterw42 said:

great copy of 1917 out today on Rar

I managed to get an excellent copy of 1917 and watched it yesterday, and I thought it was riveting, although a movie buff friend said he didn't find it that interesting at all??

I also downloaded Midway and although I liked it, the CGIs did spoil it a bit, but then again how else are you going to create these aircraft and dog-fight scenes? However on that note I have seen better in the past I think.

I also watched a movie called "Where we Disappear" and it is based on a play/book, and it's fairly hard going and I have got no idea what the ending was all about! Disappointing for me.

Have got involved in the "Trial of Christine Keeler" and looking for the next episode, and talking of episodes, I did notice that Sam Neill was involved in a movie about the finding of Tutankhamen's tomb, however it seems to have disappeared and even though I have managed to locate one or two episodes on the likes of Pirate Bay, there are no leechers so I've not been able to download them........anyone have any ideas?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

I managed to get an excellent copy of 1917 and watched it yesterday, and I thought it was riveting, although a movie buff friend said he didn't find it that interesting at all??

I also downloaded Midway and although I liked it, the CGIs did spoil it a bit, but then again how else are you going to create these aircraft and dog-fight scenes? However on that note I have seen better in the past I think.

I also watched a movie called "Where we Disappear" and it is based on a play/book, and it's fairly hard going and I have got no idea what the ending was all about! Disappointing for me.

Have got involved in the "Trial of Christine Keeler" and looking for the next episode, and talking of episodes, I did notice that Sam Neill was involved in a movie about the finding of Tutankhamen's tomb, however it seems to have disappeared and even though I have managed to locate one or two episodes on the likes of Pirate Bay, there are no leechers so I've not been able to download them........anyone have any ideas?

A movie buff didn't like 1917? There's always a contrarian. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Also just started "Trial of Christine Keeler", she looks good naked, only the last one to come.

Just deleted King Tut from my server, agree it was hard to find, but it wasn't very good, so it's gone.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 7:37 PM, sanuk711 said:

Cobra ---UK--Sky...6 episodes

first one out now 

A look at the British government in the midst of a terrible crisis. As widespread power outages cause chaos and threaten lives across the country-- On the backdrop of violent unrest in the streets, difficult decisions will need to be made against the clock if the country is to survive.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10062652/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

Whole season is out, just downloading the pack.

Is it about the UK after Brexit?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, xylophone said:

I did notice that Sam Neill was involved in a movie about the finding of Tutankhamen's tomb, however it seems to have disappeared and even though I have managed to locate one or two episodes on the likes of Pirate Bay, there are no leechers so I've not been able to download them........anyone have any ideas?

Look at the Limetorrents list for a Tutankhamun search.

Tutankhamun S01E1-4 HDTV x264-ORGANiC[ettv]

I am still seeding S01E01 from 2019 they all have seeders but you will likely need to leave them cooking for a few hours.

• Thanks 1