What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

On 8/18/2020 at 9:53 AM, Will27 said:

DNA

Available on TPB with HC subs.

Summary: Five years after his daughter's disappearance, Danish police officer Rolf discovers a fatal flaw in the
DNA database and might finally be able to find her.

Just finished watching this series,

Another very good crime thriller from Denmark. This is the second Danish series I've seen in a month.

The first was Twin, both really good,

• Like 2

Watched an interesting movie called, "The Bay of Silence" last night and it was, shall I say, intriguing and had a couple of twists in it..........family, mystery, crime drama!!

Also watched the worst movie I have ever seen and it stars the fat writer, director and probably the tea maker, along with his fat wife and some terrible acting, yet got 4.5 on IMDB (must have been his friend!).

It is called "Unbound" (2020 version) and stars someone called Steve Rahaman and his wife and it is absolute amateurish trash!!

Edited by xylophone

Another Crime and Punishment---Ch 4 last night

Criminal Kids
With more than 700 children currently serving prison sentences across England and Wales, the documentary asks why Britain struggles to stop young offenders being sucked into a life of crime.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Watched an interesting movie called, "The Bay of Silence" last night and it was, shall I say, intriguing and had a couple of twists in it..........family, mystery, crime drama!!

Also watched the worst movie I have ever seen and it stars the fat writer, director and probably the tea maker, along with his fat wife and some terrible acting, yet got 4.5 on IMDB (must have been his friend!).

It is called "Unbound" (2020 version) and stars someone called Steve Rahaman and his wife and it is absolute amateurish trash!!

One Night In Bangkok, no rating yet, so the director probable don't even have any friends. 

Any volunteers to give it a try? 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12192190

45 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I'm not sure if it's right across the UK, but some of the sentences these Scrotes get is pathetic.

Unfortunately, the justice system is way too lenient with these scum. As the Federation Rep said, everyone in a uniform gets attacked. Dreadful.

Bacca was awesome; it looked at the end as if he enjoyed it!  ????

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 4:23 AM, Peter Denis said:

TOPIC > Problem using subtitles when streaming 123movies

As I am using a company-owned laptop I cannot use torrents to download movies or TV-series.

So I use 123movies to stream movies and TV-series and connect my laptop with my TV using an HDMI-cable so that I can watch them in large format.

123movies has an amazing and enormous collection of movies/TV-series to choose from.

However, the format in which these movies/TV-series are available for streaming varies.

ALL of them are available in HLS-format, and some of them are available both in NETU and HLS format.  They are also available in clip-format (but I never use that one).

The problem I am faced with is the following:

> When a movie is available in NETU format, there is the option to use 'captions' and that allows you to first download the subtitles of the movie you want to watch, and then have the subtitle-captions run at same time as the movie.  Works great! 

But when a movie is only available in HLS format (and majority of the TV-series are only available in that format) there is no such option.

>> So, does anyone know how I can also use sub-titles when streaming a movies/TV-series in HLS format?

Hi, after some hit and run of possible solutions on the Internet and trying them out I found the answer to my own question on how to super-inpose sub-titles when streaming a movies/TV-series that don't have a sub-titles/caption option.

> http://greenfishsoftware.org/gfsp.php

It's a small super-simple program that basically only runs the sub-title .srt-files.

When opening it a small black box appears on your screen. 

You just position that box at the bottom of the movie you want to watch with sub-titles and then resize it so that it doesn't block part of the movie-screen. 

Then you use the File opener of the black box and click the downloaded subtitles-file of the movie/TV-series you want to watch with those subtitles < use google to find and download the sub-titles file of the movie you want to see >. 

The GreenFish program then starts playing those subtitles in that box. 

Now start the movie and use the stop/fast backward-forward option of the black box to synchronize the sub-titles (it shows the time that these sub-titles are 'spoken' on the movie) with the running movie.

Takes 2-3 minutes to do it first time, but once you have done it next time will be a jiffy.

Works fine!

On 8/21/2020 at 11:59 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

One Night In Bangkok, no rating yet, so the director probable don't even have any friends. 

Any volunteers to give it a try? 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12192190

We watched it right the way through a couple of nights back, absolutely dreadful so amateurish, even my wife said it's terrible.  My guess when it gets an IMDB rating it could come in around 3.5 to  4 

TV comedy series Ted Lasso about a US football coach who gets hired to coach an English Premier League team and he knows nothing about English football.

Also watch the first episode of HBO's Lovecraft Country. Black racism in 1950s US along with vampires and monsters. Definitely different.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2020 at 12:16 PM, faraday said:

Sorry can't get rid of the above :w00t:

"Throttle Out S02E01 Touring Thailand with a Sidecar Kitchen" Available on EZTV

Half hour program about a couple of guys that buy a motor bike with sidecar, outfit it like a small mobile kitchen and go round North Thailand selling American hamburgers at local markets.

Not to be taken seriously :whistling:

Edited by Daffy D
  • Like 1

Hollywood star Tom Hardy to narrate Amazon Prime's highly-anticipated documentary on Tottenham's 2019-20 season - due out on August 31

This is a 9 part documentary---and even if you are not into English football it should still be worth looking at,  the club made £460.7 million that year. And built a 1 Billion £ stadium.

All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur' is the third fly-on-the-wall series Amazon Prime have produced on English teams.

5 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Hollywood star Tom Hardy to narrate Amazon Prime's highly-anticipated documentary on Tottenham's 2019-20 season - due out on August 31

This is a 9 part documentary---and even if you are not into English football it should still be worth looking at,  the club made £460.7 million that year. And built a 1 Billion £ stadium.

All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur' is the third fly-on-the-wall series Amazon Prime have produced on English teams.

Anything with Tom Hardy in is worth watching

• Like 2

Hi, after some hit and run of possible solutions on the Internet and trying them out I found the answer to my own question on how to super-inpose sub-titles when streaming a movies/TV-series that don't have a sub-titles/caption option.

Probably even easier is to download VLC media player. Start playing your movie and select 'subtitles' at top of page. Select srt-files and then whatever language. job done. But thanks anyway for taking time out to let us know your method.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Thanks 1

Watched the movie "Ava" with Jessica Chastain, John Malkovich and Colin Farrell and it was entertaining if you can believe one woman fighting and killing "ten" men or more in one fight........all the same, worth a watch IMO.

Also watched "The Vanished" which was OK and with a twist at the end and it also starred Jason Patric, who was once a "pin-up" guy, but rotund now.

Ah, what time, age and lockdown will do to our bodies!!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, xylophone said:

Watched the movie "Ava" with Jessica Chastain, John Malkovich and Colin Farrell and it was entertaining if you can believe one woman fighting and killing "ten" men or more in one fight........all the same, worth a watch IMO.

Also watched "The Vanished" which was OK and with a twist at the end and it also starred Jason Patric, who was once a "pin-up" guy, but rotund now.

Ah, what time, age and lockdown will do to our bodies!!

I agree. Both movies are quite watchable and I will add one more..........Rogue about a group of mercenaries in Africa rescuing some young girls when all go wrong.

• Like 2