What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

Decided to watch "Midnight Express" last night as recall nothing whatsoever about it, and I am so pleased that I did as I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Such a shame the the lead actor, Brad Davis (Billy), committed suicide in the 80s.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Decided to watch "Midnight Express" last night as recall nothing whatsoever about it, and I am so pleased that I did as I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Such a shame the the lead actor, Brad Davis (Billy), committed suicide in the 80s.

I thought he died of Aids.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

The Unbelievable Story of Carl Beech

Summary: Directed by critically acclaimed film-maker Vanessa Engle, this documentary tells the jaw-dropping story of Carl Beech, a former nurse from Gloucester who claimed he had been sexually abused by a group of prominent men in the 1970s and 80s.

The scandal becomes front-page news in 2014 when Beech, better known by his pseudonym Nick, goes public with his incredible allegations, triggering a £2 million police investigation. The film features exclusive interviews with many of the people most closely involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000m22r

I see it's on 1337 already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

This new series from HBO looks interesting.

Summary: A look at the experiences of the members of the NXIVM, an organization and sex cult who made headlines for
being charged with sex trafficking and racketeering conspiracy.

Hope it improves, first episode as dull as dishwater.

• Thanks 1

A TV show I enjoyed was Snowfall. First Season 2017, hopefully soon Season 4. American made.

About a family wanting to make money selling cocaine. Also a CIA man gets involved. Interesting twists.

• Like 1

Astrid Et Raphaelle

Found this one on TPB, uploaded by spud17 and am enjoying it.

If you want to have a look, best to download the pilot Astrid Et Raphaelle - Puzzle, also by spud17.

Summary: When Commander Raphaelle Coste turns to the police criminal records department for one of her investigations, she has no idea that she is going to meet an archivist as brilliant as she is confusing: Astrid Nielsen, a woman with Asperger's who knows every file she has dealt with, and they soon become teammates to solve a series of investigations within the Police Department of Paris.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 6:03 AM, sanuk711 said:

Hollywood star Tom Hardy to narrate Amazon Prime's highly-anticipated documentary on Tottenham's 2019-20 season - due out on August 31

This is a 9 part documentary---and even if you are not into English football it should still be worth looking at,  the club made £460.7 million that year. And built a 1 Billion £ stadium.

All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur' is the third fly-on-the-wall series Amazon Prime have produced on English teams.

Football fans might also enjoy these older ones.

Take Us Home Leeds United
Sunderland Till I Die
All or Nothing Manchester City

• Like 2

Tenet”. Now showing at cinemas. 

Great action and very spectacular on the big screen, but OMG, the most convoluted plot ever!

I try to lub this movie long time but only for 30 minutes, that’s when I gave up on the plot and was happy just to sit back and enjoy the action, sound effects and scenery.   

PS Why don’t they the play the National Anthem anymore in cinemas? They still honour the King & Royal Family in video and inspiring music immediately prior to the movie start, but no more standing, no more anthem. 

Edited by Nemises
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, luckyluke said:

"Bad times at the El Royale" 

With Jeff Bridges. 

Neo-noir thriller,

looked promising, but something lacking. 

Well something is lacking in many movies nowadays. 

Did watch that and agree with your comments about something lacking these days!

So watched "Dune redux" again, but this time around not so interesting, though some of the sets were amazing (and some not).........also watched "War Dogs" and found that enjoyable as had never seen it before.