What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

“I AM NOT A RAPIST!”........BBC 1/3  Yesterday

Of the 60,000 rape cases reported to police last year, it is estimated that up to eight per cent were false allegations. This documentary hears the stories of three young men who were falsely accused of rape, examining the consequences of the allegations on their lives and the lives of their loved ones.

It is rare to put a spotlight on those falsely accused of rape, but these men's distressing stories need telling too.

The Danish movie 'Jagten' (2012) - The Hunt, by Thomas Vinterberg with Mads Mikkelsen, is a movie on a smiliar theme.  Rather disturbing film on how a young girl's little lie devastates the life of the school teacher...

Well-deserved 8.3 rating on Imdb.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The Danish movie 'Jagten' (2012) - The Hunt, by Thomas Vinterberg with Mads Mikkelsen, is a movie on a smiliar theme.  Rather disturbing film on how a young girl's little lie devastates the life of the school teacher...

Well-deserved 8.3 rating on Imdb.

Thanks Peter I will have a look at it----this is not a movie but a Doco....maybe I should go back and edit it. There has been a few TV dramas of late about this also...Liar comes to mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

If you give it a chance, it's a good movie about the US these days with the cop issue and race.

This trailer seemed poor to me but still curious I checked out some imdb reviews.

Some of these negative blurbs are hilarious. 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0763840/criticreviews?ref_=m_tt_ov_rt

Village Voice

As sincere as a three-legged puppy.

Edited by Jingthing

Watched again # A Perfect World # 1993 movie, directed and staring Clint Eastwood and Kevin Costner. Enjoyed it.

Can,t believe Clint Eastwood is now already 90 years old.

Another TV show I liked and watched a few months back was # The Outsider #, but I have to admit that it starts slow. 10 Episodes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Recently released in 4K. Watch the downloadable version is worth it.

One of my favorite movies of all time - but I really wonder if there’s any great difference between the criterion Blu-ray release and this new 4K restoration apart from the extra pixels. Will check it. 

Impact of Murder-----Season 2 Premiered Sep 11, 2020

Season 1 was a 6 part that ended 3 weeks ago--you can still access it on Pirates etc...or watch most episodes on YouTube.

Same for season 2 which just kicked off. There is no Trailer for it on Youtube just first full episode. 

"The Blurb"..........Through a victim's own words, viewers understand the horror they endured or the significance of the life that was taken, providing an acute understanding of the collateral damage of murder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DNA  -  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9472282/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

This thrilling drama by the co-creator the 'The Killing' follows Danish police officer Rolf who, five years after his daughter's disappearance, discovers a fatal flaw in the DNA database, which might finally help him find his daughter. Season 1 contains 8 episodes - deeply sad and poignant ending.

Available with HC Eng Subs from 1337x

• Like 2

Just finished bingeing all 3 seasons of  Norsemen ( Vikingane ) absolutely loved it !!, very dry  humour ( no canned laughter or bells and whistles in this ), if you liked Life of Brian/Holy Grail then this is for you.

Fun Fact : all scenes were shot in Norweigen language then straight after in English, Norweigen language for domestic viewers and English for Netflix !!

Onto “ We hunt together “ , after 2 episodes am enjoying it so far but hoping it doesn’t get bogged down and just become another vehicle for the woke brigade !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Utorrent error message.

Trying to download from PB and I get this message when I click 'Get This Torrent',  "A newer version of utorrent is already running, Please shut down utorrent and try again".

Nothing is running until I click 'Get This Torrent and utorrent appears in the bar at the bottom of the screen but closes when I close the error message.

Any ideas please ?

10 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Utorrent error message.

Trying to download from PB and I get this message when I click 'Get This Torrent',  "A newer version of utorrent is already running, Please shut down utorrent and try again".

Nothing is running until I click 'Get This Torrent and utorrent appears in the bar at the bottom of the screen but closes when I close the error message.

Any ideas please ?

Try downloading (using the magnet) directly from the main search results page rather than the individual torrent information page.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Utorrent error message.

Any ideas please ?

Use qBittorrent...much better :thumbsup:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Utorrent error message.

Any ideas please ?

Also in the "general" preferences on Utorrent make sure the 3 update boxes are NOT checked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Presuming you are on Windows, right click the task bar and pull up task manager and if you see two, force quit on of the instances.

FWIW - I used to run an old version of uTorrent on each of my desktop machines as a quick and dirty method of snatching stuff. Then I discovered qBitTorrent - It’s very similar to uTorrent but whithout so much bloat. You might want to give it a try. 

I have been finding qbitTorrent very slow. Not for downloads themselves, but to open after downloaded. I right click on the "Open destination folder" and it takes ages for it to open. No idea why, it wasn't always like that.

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I have been finding qbitTorrent very slow. Not for downloads themselves, but to open after downloaded. I right click on the "Open destination folder" and it takes ages for it to open. No idea why, it wasn't always like that.

Sounds like your computer, maybe add some RAM - I have a home server that seeds lots of stuff that runs rtorrent, so not so familiar with qBit, all I knew was that if I need to snatch a book or app quickly, it was quicker to open than UTorrent.