What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

We are who we are.

TV series from the creator of Call me by your name.

I found the first episode thrilling, fresh, and disorienting in a somewhat similar way to Atlanta.

Coming of age. 

Americans at a garrison base in Italy.

LGBT and black characters as a warning to the reactionaries. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:
4 hours ago, Will27 said:

Chaos in the Court

Cant seem to find that one wiii27.....can you point me in the direction..............thanks

I got it Will27............I think its without the  "THE" .........just.... "Chaos in court" for anyone looking Rarbg has it.....

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

Just watched AVA, a female action movie,good story ,lots of action,

Jessica Chastain, Diana Silvers,John Malkovich, Colin Farrell,well worth a watch.

regards worgeordie 

Edited by worgeordie
add on
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This may have been added somewhere back. Another flashback is this series Cobra Kai. Not sure why I just found out about it only now. It's amazing how you can go through the stuff out there and totally miss decent stuff. Well I've finished the first season and it was quite funny. Now the Karate kids are the karate masters and the villain from the 80s turns out to never have been the villain in the first place.

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Did the 3 episode series "Des" seem to end abruptly? It ended with Dennis Nilsen standing in the dock pleading not guilty.Seemed like a strange way to end the series to me.

No - That was episode 2.

I just watched E03 last night, the court case continued.

I thought the series was really good. I think ITV they do these 70-80s reenactments well - everyone smoking cigarettes in offices or public places. lol.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, recom273 said:

No - That was episode 2.

I just watched E03 last night, the court case continued.

I thought the series was really good. I think ITV they do these 70-80s reenactments well - everyone smoking cigarettes in offices or public places. lol.

Thanks. I thought I'd watched all 3 episodes, but I'll DL episode 3 to see the court case.

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

We are who we are.

TV series from the creator of Call me by your name.

I found the first episode thrilling, fresh, and disorienting in a somewhat similar way to Atlanta.

Coming of age. 

Americans at a garrison base in Italy.

LGBT and black characters as a warning to the reactionaries. 

Tv series just get worse as time goes by .????

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

What's with the whining?

There is enough content out there to last several lifetimes. 

Watch what you want.

Don't watch what you don't want.

Sorted.

new ones i mean Jing ,so woke ,anyway as you say masses to watch that we missed over the years ,good black comedy Nighty Night a series about a woman with the morals of a rat ,husband dying in hospital of cancer ,she tells everyone he is dead and goes dating , it is black comedy ,but funny ,if you can watch it .

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 5:21 PM, Daffy D said:

DNA  -  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9472282/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

This thrilling drama by the co-creator the 'The Killing' follows Danish police officer Rolf who, five years after his daughter's disappearance, discovers a fatal flaw in the DNA database, which might finally help him find his daughter. Season 1 contains 8 episodes - deeply sad and poignant ending.

Available with HC Eng Subs from 1337x

+1 for DNA.

Both heartwarming and heartbreaking ending. 

• Like 1

Came across a little old gem that I'd not seen for a long time:-  "Across the Bridge (1957)" with Rod Steiger

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050097/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

On the run from the US police after being charged with embezzlement, a billionaire attempts to flee to Mexico by stealing the identity of a stranger. However, his life is made much more difficult when he finds out that that man is a wanted Mexican criminal.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

This may have been added somewhere back. Another flashback is this series Cobra Kai. Not sure why I just found out about it only now. It's amazing how you can go through the stuff out there and totally miss decent stuff. Well I've finished the first season and it was quite funny. Now the Karate kids are the karate masters and the villain from the 80s turns out to never have been the villain in the first place.

They butchered the original idea to a woke version. Unfortunately this is happening a lot these days. Karate Kids daughter looked like she's been at the donut stand all day, developing a double chin. Probably hasn't seen a day in the gym.

Leave the 80's alone. It was a magnificient decade - except for the hairstyles.

Edited by DrTuner

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

There is enough content out there to last several lifetimes. 

Watch what you want.

Gosh ....I am in agreement with Jingthing...........:w00t:

Yes,  stop the whining......everything you could watch in your own country is here for free........+ ...most programs from other countries around the world.

The age of the internet is just wonderful.

------------------------

A friend phone me the other day to say he had a blazing argument with his wife......Need somewhere to stay until can sort a flat out.  I've only got that old sofa downstairs but your welcome to it.

Thanks mate , you a life saver... I'll send her over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Tv series just get worse as time goes by .????

It's always been mostly <deleted>. Only once every few years does anything really interesting come along. It's OK to re-watch a series you liked: you notice things you didn't before or forgot; you get back in touch with some great characters sadly gone now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigStar said:

It's always been mostly <deleted>. Only once every few years does anything really interesting come along. It's OK to re-watch a series you liked: you notice things you didn't before or forgot; you get back in touch with some great characters sadly gone now.

You're not looking very hard!