BANGKOK
CharlieH

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

Kill me . again, 1989, money heist from the mafia,

it's worth a watch, twists and turns,

Val kilmer,Mrs Kilmer (at the time),Michael Madsen.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 9:46 AM, petermik said:

Try Un Village Francais....7 series 12 episodes each english subs available...:thumbsup:

The wife is adding French to her languages and finding this show both interesting and useful. Big Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 1

I mentioned Tom Hardy a few posts ago and how much I enjoyed a few of his movies, so last night I sought out another one called, "The Drop" and also thought it was very good.

He plays a laid-back, mild and good-natured guy who works nights in a bar............

• Like 1

One Lane Bridge

I started watching last night, looks interesting - amazing scenery.

• Thanks 2

Control Z

Extremely derivative eight part series from Mexico that might be renewed, virus willing.

The characters are all elite Mexicans in a fantasy high school and are all white Mexicans which might surprise some people.

Weirdly the text messages which are widely used in the show are all in English! Maybe that's for a dubbed English version but the Spanish version has that too!

My "excuse" for watching a teen oriented show like this is to help with my Spanish, and it's remarkably good for that, but it turns out that I found it to be very entertaining and more sophisticated than I expected.

This isn't must see golden age of television level for anybody, but I have to be honest and recommend it for some escapism. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, recom273 said:

One Lane Bridge

I started watching last night, looks interesting - amazing scenery.

Thanks for this. I enjoyed Joel Tobeck in "Dr Blake Mysteries" that I vegged out on over the last few weeks so I'll give this a go.

Posted (edited)

Interesting Netflix documentary, if a little depressing

For the Brit's there is a very interesting interview in Ep3 with an employee on Epstein's private Virgin Islands island regarding an encounter with Prince Andrew and a topless young girl at the pool! Oh and it gets worse in Ep4

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2020 at 8:07 AM, faraday said:

Anyone know when The Bureau season 5 is coming to Netflix....?

Also dropping on SBS on Demand on June 18.

https://www.sbs.com.au/guide/article/2020/05/21/top-new-series-and-special-film-event-june?cid=od:edm:curatorspick:relation:newinjune:editorial1:na

You will need a VPN.

The Bureau

Fans of this show have been awaiting its return with baited breath. Season 5 sees new Director of Internal Security, JJA (Mathieu Amalric) running the office while Marie-Jeanne (Florence Loiret Caille) takes on fieldwork in Egypt. Back at the DGSE, staff are shaken by rumours published about the fate of Malotru (Mathieu Kassovitz). Is he dead or alive? What role did the DGSE and the CIA play? JJA’s paranoia heightens as do the stress levels of Sisteron (Jonathan Zaccaï) and Ellenstein (Jules Sagot). Will we finally learn the truth?

Joining the cast this season is film actor Louis Garrel (Mon Roi, Le Redoutable) as agent Mille Sabords, tasked to investigate Malotru. Behind the scenes, Palme d’Or and César-winning director Jacques Audiard (Dheepan, A Prophet) is on board, and Kassovitz also directs several episodes.

The Bureau season 5 premieres at SBS On Demand on Thursday 18 June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Continuing on with the Jeffrey Epstein story.

There's a 3 part doco titled Who Killed Jeffrey Epstein?

Available at the usual places.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1