What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

Decided to watch an old movie last night called, "an eye for an eye" and I don't ever remember seeing it first time round, but very worth it in my opinion, even though a couple of the scenes in it were quite brutal (I won't give anything away).

Stars Sally Field, Kiefer Sutherland and Ed Harris, to name a few, and just when I thought the movie was slipping away from a great ending..............

Don't know if this has been recommended or not, but started watching "Wentworth" on netflix yesterday. Absolutely brilliant! Set in an all women's prison in Australia, some drama, plotting and lots of psychology and human relatiionships. Great series! Can't stop watching it. 

6 hours ago, djayz said:

Don't know if this has been recommended or not, but started watching "Wentworth" on netflix yesterday. Absolutely brilliant! Set in an all women's prison in Australia, some drama, plotting and lots of psychology and human relatiionships. Great series! Can't stop watching it. 

If you haven't seen it and like a good prison drama, Oz is sensational.

It's brutal.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118421/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, faraday said:

This was a decent watch, good characters, with 100% from Rotten Tomatoes.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/arrhythmia

English subtitles available as it's a Russian movie.

Might be easier to find if you look for 'Aritmiya (2017)'

Edited by IvorBiggun2

Utopia - This one's not my cup of tea, but episode 1 is out there now on Lime.

Summary: A group of young adults, who meet online, get a hold of a cult underground graphic novel, which not only pins them as a target of a shadowy deep state organization, but also burdens them with the dangerous task of saving the world.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, Daffy D said:

Class Action Park (2020)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11015214/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Not as boring as it sounds, actually quite interesting and amusing  :thumbsup:

Documentary on America's most Dangerous Water Park

A documentary that focuses on a dangerously legendary water park and its slew of injuries and crimes along with child safety concerns.

Available on RARBG

Really funny and well worth watching. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Haven't yet watched it myself but sounds interesting:-

FIRES OF KUWAIT  -   SHORT DOCUMENTARY
After Saddam Hussein had the Kuwait Oil wells lit up, teams from all over the world fought those fires for months. They had to save the oil resources, as well as reduce air pollution. The different teams developed different techniques of extinguishing the fires. Man's emergency creativity can be seen at it's best.

Available from 1337X

Edited by Jai Dee
Link removed as per Forum Rules
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Will27 said:

Utopia - This one's not my cup of tea, but episode 1 is out there now on Lime.

Summary: A group of young adults, who meet online, get a hold of a cult underground graphic novel, which not only pins them as a target of a shadowy deep state organization, but also burdens them with the dangerous task of saving the world.

The original British version was very good ,going to give this a try ,but not holding out a lot of hope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

The original British version was very good ,going to give this a try ,but not holding out a lot of hope.

New Utopia, getting ba-a-d reviews. Many wonder why Amazon just didn't buy the rights and make a season 3 of the Brit version, continuing the goodness for the fans. Too bad; remakes don't always have to be worse but usually are nowadays.

Guess I won't bother then.

Edited by BigStar

13 hours ago, BigStar said:

New Utopia, getting ba-a-d reviews. Many wonder why Amazon just didn't buy the rights and make a season 3 of the Brit version, continuing the goodness for the fans. Too bad; remakes don't always have to be worse but usually are nowadays.

Guess I won't bother then.

Remakes of British series in US are very rarely good. Adding wokeness to the slow burn Brit style is a recipe for disaster. I'm not sure I can name any that worked, although there must have been one or two.

• Like 1

I started watching Ratchet on Netflix. Looks good after first two episodes. And to answer my own question, no, it doesn't seem to be connected to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, although being an origin story, that might pop up later.

Edited by DrTuner

24 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Remakes of British series in US are very rarely good. Adding wokeness to the slow burn Brit style is a recipe for disaster. I'm not sure I can name any that worked, although there must have been one or two.

just watched the first episode ,well half of it ,dont bother its rubbish of the first degree, and your right ,dont know one remake of a Brit series they made thats good ,if you can find it watch the episode of Red Dwarf they made ,God it was so bad even they gave up.

For western fans Ulzana's Raid (1972) with Burt Lancaster is a must see, I must have watched it about 1/2 dozen times and just downloaded to watch again. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069436/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0 

After fierce war chief Ulzana and a small war party jump the reservation bent on murder and terror, an inexperienced young lieutenant is assigned to track him down.

Available in the usual places. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This one looks interesting.

The first 3 episodes on Lime.

Summary: A Wilderness of Error is a five-part docuseries from award-winning producers of The Jinx, Marc Smerling and Jason Blum, based on the book by Errol Morris, who appears in the series. When Army surgeon Jeffrey MacDonald is sent to prison for killing his family, swirling narratives challenge our ability to find the truth all the while overshadowing a chilling possibility: MacDonald may be innocent.

12 hours ago, Daffy D said:

For western fans Ulzana's Raid (1972) with Burt Lancaster is a must see, I must have watched it about 1/2 dozen times and just downloaded to watch again. 

Watched that one a few times myself. Also I enjoyed Burt's last western...Cattle Annie and Little Britches.

Full movie below.

Whole series available on RARBG.

In April 1991, Detlev Rohwedder, the head of Treuhand, the East German Privatization and Restructuring Agency,
was assassinated in Dusseldorf. This documentary details the strange evidence recovered.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Whole series available on RARBG.

In April 1991, Detlev Rohwedder, the head of Treuhand, the East German Privatization and Restructuring Agency,
was assassinated in Dusseldorf. This documentary details the strange evidence recovered.

'Whole series available on RARBG.'

I /d/l the 5.2Gb version. I see they all say 'German', and this one is in German too. The trailer is English.

Is there an English language version of the whole series?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The trailer is English.

Thanks for pointing that out Blue....I was half way through a download.....when the trailer is all English, just expect the movie to be the same... so the hunt is on for a English version.

Looks good Will27 thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Thanks for pointing that out Blue....I was half way through a download.....when the trailer is all English, just expect the movie to be the same... so the hunt is on for a English version.

Looks good Will27 thanks

I one I have does at least have English subtitles.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

'Whole series available on RARBG.'

I /d/l the 5.2Gb version. I see they all say 'German', and this one is in German too. The trailer is English.

It’s a German Netflix production - I can see one release available with only one audio stream, German, but there are 31 subtitles streams. 

It’s on Netflix with an English soundtrack tho’

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

It's a Netflix series so unless watching on Netflix where you can chose the language, you might struggle to find a dubbed version.

You would think some hacker would download and put out in English......... I can not relly get into the subs so much, find I am reading, not watching the acting.

9 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

The one i tried didnt........do you know what down amount that was BlueS?

The ones on RARBG have subs.

The 1.58 GB has anyway.

They're just not hard-coded.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1