Jump to content
BANGKOK
CharlieH

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, stouricks said:

And if that hard drive (SSD?) went tits up or was nicked? Up to you, but I am happy and confident, and would recommend my system to anyone. And for Bht 640 a year if you have four other friends!

If it went tits up I'd buy a new one and transfer what I have saved on my computer onto it. Also have the same things saved on a laptop. Life would go on.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Cost me $50 10 years ago, so $5 a year so far.

Wow you are very fortunate that it is still working with all that rotating and head moving it has to do. I hope you have it backed up.........................to where?

I remember the first hard drive I got in 1990, an HP 50MB job to replace many floppy disks,  12 inches in diameter, took 5 minutes to speed up, and to slow down. Cost me £600 !

Edited by stouricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stouricks said:

Wow you are very fortunate that it is still working with all that rotating and head moving it has to do. I hope you have it backed up.........................to where?

I remember the first hard drive I got in 1990, an HP 50MB job, 12 inches in diameter, took 5 minutes to speed up, and to slow down. Cost me £600 !

Backed up on my laptop.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Cost me $50 10 years ago, so $5 a year so far.

10 years? You are lucky it hasn't yet failed.

Things have changed a lot in ten years. No need for such outdated methods unless you actually wish to archive everything you download.

But then backing everything up to OneDrive or Google Drive also sounds somewhat ten years ago.

 

Unless you have a system for automatic remote uploads, it just more work, more bandwidth, more time.

 

Easier to have a service that does it all for you. Stores your choices and allows you to stream/download them anywhere and on any device.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

10 years? You are lucky it hasn't yet failed.

Things have changed a lot in ten years. No need for such outdated methods unless you actually wish to archive everything you download.

But then backing everything up to OneDrive or Google Drive also sounds somewhat ten years ago.

 

Unless you have a system for automatic remote uploads, it just more work, more bandwidth, more time.

 

Easier to have a service that does it all for you. Stores your choices and allows you to stream/download them anywhere and on any device.

More bandwidth, more time???? It takes about a minute to download a full 1080 movie from my OneDrive and with a 1GB internet connection, no worries.

Why is OneDrive or any other Cloud storage 'somewhat ten years ago' please?

Edited by stouricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stouricks said:

More bandwidth, more time???? It takes about a minute to download a full 1080 movie from my OneDrive and with a 1GB internet connection, no worries.

Why is OneDrive or any other Cloud storage 'somewhat ten years ago' please?

 

How does it get on to your OneDrive account in the first place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

10 years? You are lucky it hasn't yet failed.

Things have changed a lot in ten years. No need for such outdated methods unless you actually wish to archive everything you download.

But then backing everything up to OneDrive or Google Drive also sounds somewhat ten years ago.

 

Unless you have a system for automatic remote uploads, it just more work, more bandwidth, more time.

 

Easier to have a service that does it all for you. Stores your choices and allows you to stream/download them anywhere and on any device.

Bottom line is I have very little that I need to save or store. A few photos that I rarely look at, some documents that I have hard copies of, so losing everything wouldn't be a disaster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bruno123 said:

 

How does it get on to your OneDrive account in the first place?

When I download from say BitTorrent, I tell it to put the movie in my Videos folder. Yes, I know that is downloading it, then uploading it, but when planned to do at night, as I am kipping, it's good. 

I do tend to keep unwatched movies locally in my OneDrive folder until I have watched them, than usually delete them, there are too many movies out there, many of them absolute sh..e.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stouricks said:

 

  there are too many movies out there, many of them absolute sh..e.

Especially lately with little in the way of new movie releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Especially lately with little in the way of new movie releases.

Oh, I wouldn't say that, there are many many new movie releases, but most of them are sh..e, or kids animated stuff. The number of times I have downloaded 10 movies overnight, and watched 5 minutes of each before deleting. 

BBC iPlayer, and other UK channels, and You Tube give me more than enough to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stouricks said:

When I download from say BitTorrent, I tell it to put the movie in my Videos folder. Yes, I know that is downloading it, then uploading it, but when planned to do at night, as I am kipping, it's good. 

I do tend to keep unwatched movies locally in my OneDrive folder until I have watched them, than usually delete them, there are too many movies out there, many of them absolute sh..e.

 

That's what I mean. You download it, only to upload it again. Not a huge issue, especially if you have a super-fast connection. Then as you say, it may turn out to be a pile of steaming...which you then have to delete.

As an aside, I get 5TB of storage free with my Office 365 package...which cost me less than 60 baht in total.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, stouricks said:

Oh, I wouldn't say that, there are many many new movie releases, but most of them are sh..e, or kids animated stuff. The number of times I have downloaded 10 movies overnight, and watched 5 minutes of each before deleting. 

BBC iPlayer, and other UK channels, and You Tube give me more than enough to watch.

There is also a lot of old stuff being regurgitated, which shows the lack of new releases. Have a look at the date of the movies.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, giddyup said:

Isn't that what I just said?

No, you said 'Especially lately with little in the way of new movie releases.'

I said that there were too many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stouricks said:

No, you said 'Especially lately with little in the way of new movie releases.'

I said that there were too many.

No, there's not. Torrent Galaxy has about 4 2020 movies, the rest are either a couple of years old or much older, ie all the Bourne movies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, giddyup said:

No, there's not. Torrent Galaxy has about 4 2020 movies, the rest are either a couple of years old or much older, ie all the Bourne movies.

Try Pirate Bay, Extra Torrent, Kickass.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...