What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Oh I get it. Another tired political objection. 

Dude. This series is roughly based on true stories.

Unusual is interesting.

Did a black guy invent the credit card then? I can never see Chris Rock without thinking of some of his comedy routines, like how not to get your ass kicked by the Police, he's a top class comedy act.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I am getting pretty tired of the whole black thing being introduced at any given opportunity. Tell me. what particular "true" story is this season based on?

I get tired of them only being given positive roles, although this is a gang of crooks I doubt we will see them with machine guns shooting up a rival gang as the previous ethnic groups do. In the UK when a black character is shown as a possible rapist or murderer you know that it's not going to be him, impossible. It's just as bad as always casting blacks as janitors, maids or prostitutes. If there is a black character up to no good there is often a white character who is really to blame.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Did a black guy invent the credit card then? I can never see Chris Rock without thinking of some of his comedy routines, like how not to get your ass kicked by the Police, he's a top class comedy act.

You didn't find that scene amusing? I thought the dialogue was great, and good to see Chris Rock out of his usual role. Each to their own.

I agree with some posters about the politically correct BS that seems to be prevalent in a lot of series, but I thought Fargo S4 keeps up the dry comedy of the rest of the series and movie.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 2:46 PM, spidermike007 said:

I wanted to like it, as it is a Thai production, with a mostly Thai crew. It is certainly not an Ong Bak, Pee Mak, or a King Naresuan. Although not highly rated, Only God forgives was great. Brutal. And Vithaya Pansringarm played the nastiest, best mean and corrupt Thai cop ever. A truly memorable performance. Ryan Gosling was great, as usual. Very atmospheric, directed by the highly eccentric, and very talented Nicolas Winding Refn. 

One Night was very poorly directed. Good cinematography, and Dacascos was great. But, it was too wooden, and the Thai cops with their perfect English skills were a bit much. Also, the bad guys seemed poorly cast. And the taxi driver, complaining about being broke, while driving a brand new Volvo SUV, and speaking english like she was from London. Yeah, right. 

You should follow the dialogue more. In the beginning Fah tells Kai that she's half Thai and her father was British, that's why she speaks good English. Later on , when the plot develops, she also mentions how she got the Volvo SUV. But the movie is a bit slow paced, and Kane Kosugi should definitely not been in it. There are plenty of Thai actors with decent English skills around. I definitely prefer when the actors speak their native language in movies set in foreign countries. Makes it more natural, and as we all know, Thai's can't speak English (well, most of them at least).

I like Mark Dacascos, he's a good actor and great martial artist (watch John Wick 3). My personal favorite with him is "Crying Freeman", also featuring Yoko Shimada ( Lady Mariko from Shogun), all teenage boys Japanese wet dream in the 80's.

Some time ago, I watched "Das Boot", a German 8 episode TV series spin off from the famous movie. It was great. The Germans spoke German, The French spoke French and English spoke English. Made it a very authentic experience. Dubbing it to one language would just destroy the atmosphere of the whole series.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2020 at 9:18 PM, azaazo9 said:

I've just finished watching Swedish serial Kalifat.

Perfect pace, story, cutting and script.

Very good series, but also very disturbing.

It's actually happening in Sweden right now. This could almost been a documentary.

New series from HBO looks quite good.
Episodes 1 and 2 from 8 out there on Lime now.

Summary: Patria tells the story of two families divided by the violent conflict of the separatist terrorism of ETA over the Spanish Basque Country. After 3 decades of murder, terrorism, political fanaticism, will the community be able to forgive?

• Thanks 1

Sex on the beach - Ch4 

Old white women holidaying in Gambia looking for sexy young black toy boys. Just the reverse, gender wise, what happens in Thailand.

Interesting view, and a reality check on how some of us old white guys must look to young nubile local girls. Some of those women are well past their shelf life :whistling:

https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/sex-on-the-beach-channel-4-documentary-gambia-holiday-british-women-tourism-seyi-rhodes-664083

Seyi Rhodes heads to Gambia to investigate the West African country's reputation as a destination for British sex tourists, looking at the
truth behind the tabloid headlines. He meets 58-year-old Michelle, who recently married a younger Gambian man, and her 60-year-old friend, who
regularly visits on holiday for a bit of `fun".

Available on Chaos and TPB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daffy D said:

Sex on the beach - Ch4 

Old white women holidaying in Gambia looking for sexy young black toy boys. Just the reverse, gender wise, what happens in Thailand.

Interesting view, and a reality check on how some of us old white guys must look to young nubile local girls. Some of those women are well past their shelf life :whistling:

https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/sex-on-the-beach-channel-4-documentary-gambia-holiday-british-women-tourism-seyi-rhodes-664083

Seyi Rhodes heads to Gambia to investigate the West African country's reputation as a destination for British sex tourists, looking at the
truth behind the tabloid headlines. He meets 58-year-old Michelle, who recently married a younger Gambian man, and her 60-year-old friend, who

Yet you never hear a woman called a sex tourist, at least not by another female. The excuse is that "they are just looking for love". True, that and a huge schlong.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Yet you never hear a woman called a sex tourist, at least not by another female. The excuse is that "they are just looking for love". True, that and a huge schlong.

It's only ok if they are old women, to call them sex tourists. However if you catch a 20-something playing around with Kuta Cowboys, that's true love.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Sex on the beach - Ch4 

What about the 68 year old milker who sent the guy 68 000 Euro's!

FMD.

13 hours ago, Will27 said:

This one should be available in the next day or two.

Summary: Shanann Watts and her two young daughters went missing in Frederick, Colorado. As details of their deaths made headlines worldwide, it became clear that Shanann’s husband, Chris Watts, wasn’t the man he appeared to be. Experience a gripping and immersive examination of the disintegration of a marriage.

just found it on rarbg

Edited by kwak250
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

I've started watching this series called, "Homeland." 

The first four episodes are pretty slow and the acting is pretty pedestrian, but hopefully it will pick up as I see there are a lot of seasons. 

Just me thinking that everybody has seen this already.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bubblegum said:

I tend to agree with you.

I lost interest at season 6, after they returned to the US from Germany and the descent of Quinn. The plot, the story all got a little predictable.

That might be a bit of a spoiler!

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Klem.

Just stared season 2 and it's excellent.

Would be helpful if you put the name in the post:smile:

Can also be found under "The Blood Pact", Klem is a really good series and season 3 has just started on Channel 4 in the UK. 

Does anyone know how to watch Channel 4 or All4 from Thailand? I have downloaded the app, All4, and am using Nord VPN to give me a UK IP address but I always get a message that it's not available in my location. There's a lot of foreign series from Walter Presents on Channel 4,many of them excellent. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, touch said:

Can also be found under "The Blood Pact", Klem is a really good series and season 3 has just started on Channel 4 in the UK. 

Does anyone know how to watch Channel 4 or All4 from Thailand? I have downloaded the app, All4, and am using Nord VPN to give me a UK IP address but I always get a message that it's not available in my location. There's a lot of foreign series from Walter Presents on Channel 4,many of them excellent. 

check your messages

5 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Obviously not.

I watched it as it was released start to finish. 

No regrets but I think starting it now it might seem rather dated.

Its impossible to watch everything worth watching. 

In my case I haven't watched Mad Men or either version of the Office.

Hasn't "everyone" watched them?

On 9/29/2020 at 9:40 PM, SpaceKadet said:

Very good series, but also very disturbing.

It's actually happening in Sweden right now. This could almost been a documentary.

Surprised Netflix did Kalifat, but only watched first one, the Swedes might end up getting the blame! One for all the apologists for Islamic immigration to watch, loads of subtitles. Thought it was in Leicester when it starts, but it's Isis held Syria!