What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

46 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I liked Sick Note.

What spoilt it most for me was Nick Frost, love his stuff with Simon Pegg( Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, End of the World etc ) and felt he “ sold out “ with the unfunny doctor character. Didn’t really like the main character, his annoying gf and the ridiculous cop either !!

Apart from that I liked it ????

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Thought it was more WOKE nonsense.

Small girl beating up large criminal gang members.

She also seemed to freeze when under threat, giving the bad guys a chance to kill all the people she was supposed to be protecting.

So you did not like it....maybe some people will,i thought

it was ok,when there is not a lot of really good films about,

it was better than nowt,now this WOKE nonsense,your going

to have to explain what that means,has it got something to do

with black people ?   P.S. did you watch AVA, another woman kicking mens @rses

regards worgeordie

4 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

now this WOKE nonsense,your going

to have to explain what that means,has it got something to do

with black people ?

Woke (/ˈwoʊk/ WOHK) is a political term originating in the United States referring to a perceived awareness of issues concerning social justice and racial justice. It derives from the African-American Vernacular English expression "stay woke", whose grammatical aspect refers to a continuing awareness of these issues.

From Wikipedia

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jai Dee said:

Woke (/ˈwoʊk/ WOHK) is a political term originating in the United States referring to a perceived awareness of issues concerning social justice and racial justice. It derives from the African-American Vernacular English expression "stay woke", whose grammatical aspect refers to a continuing awareness of these issues.

From Wikipedia

So the skinny looking girl was WOKE for kicking all those

big bad men ?

regards worgeordie

18 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So the skinny looking girl was WOKE for kicking all those

big bad men ?

regards worgeordie

In movies it refers to casting a minority or feminist/alphabet actor/actress to a role that's so painfully out of storyline and unbelievable it makes you gnash your teeth out. It's also how they are now destroying the 80's, by doing woke remakes (Ghostbusters, anybody?).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Thought it was more WOKE nonsense.

Small girl beating up large criminal gang members.

You HAVE seen Spiderman, right? I could demolish that little boy. Remember it is FICTION.

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Women aren't the physical equal of men.

They don't have the bone thickness or density to handle blows from men, one hit and they're down, no matter what they're training. Which is completely different to the fantasy concept of magical strength and superheroes.

A 50-60Kg woman has little chance of fighting a 75-100Kg man and winning in unarmed combat, no matter that their relative levels of training and quite frankly, I'm tired of seeing it in movies other than magic/superhero fantasies.

Doorman wasn't even a B-movie level of acting/scripting or production values, cheap in every way.

Women don't have to be strong to get the better of men, they have other ways  to do that,

and it's been happening here and World wide for umpteen years.Praise be woman.

regards worgeordie

Staying in the habit of watching all the movies that I can't remember seeing, or can't remember much about, last night I watched "The English Patient" and again, was pleased that I did.

It had a certain attraction for me because I had worked in the Sahara desert on two occasions in the 70s, and as I was watching some of the scenery I was reminiscing about the Sahara, the adventures, the sand storms we encountered; finding seashells deep into the desert because it was once a sea; flitting around in the small aeroplane that we had; learning about the aeroplane lost by the Americans (and found by the BP Exploration team in the mid-60s) at the end of the Second World War, the "Lady Be Good" (look it up online, very interesting) and also being not far from the oasis mentioned in the movie, Khufra.

The beauty of the unspoiled desert and the blue sky, and the silence which I loved, and I often I drove deep into the desert and just stopped my Land Rover to observe these things and I found a great deal of peace in doing that.

And just before I sign off, stumbling upon the site of an old battle in the war, which was at one time fenced off with warning signs, but we went in to this area and found, and explored, old army trucks which looked as if they had been strafed by very large bullets, and other wartime paraphernalia. Such memories.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, xylophone said:

The beauty of the unspoiled desert and the blue sky, and the silence which I loved, and I often I drove deep into the desert and just stopped my Land Rover to observe these things and I found a great deal of peace in doing that.

I used to love the dawning of early mornings just before the sun would peek over the horizon.

I was so cool and clear and fresh and clean and you just knew it was going to be another great beautiful blue sky day.

And the smell of the fresh cool air before the hot sun would raise the dust and sand into another hot desert day.

Yea! Miss that :sad:

Doc Martin

I found this while browsing IMBd one day. Quite an enjoyable family show about a a socially challenged doctor who moves from London to the picturesque village of Port Wenn in Cornwall. Martin Clunes is brilliant. Thank goodness there are 10 seasons. I'm only on 3, so lot more to enjoy.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408381/

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Doc Martin

I found this while browsing IMBd one day. Quite an enjoyable family show about a a socially challenged doctor who moves from London to the picturesque village of Port Wenn in Cornwall. Martin Clunes is brilliant. Thank goodness there are 10 seasons. I'm only on 3, so lot more to enjoy.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408381/

Martin Clunes is somewhat of a national treasure in the U.K., such a likeable guy .

Made it into the big time in “ Men behaving badly “, somewhat dated but still worth a watch for the uninitiated .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The FBI Declassified ......Doco

Follow The FBI Declassified gives viewers unprecedented access to some of the biggest cases handled by real-life FBI agents and analysts.

This is down for release 13 Oct, so there is little about it anywhere. but I noticed that RARBG have just putout the first  episode today

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13081068/

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 1

While searching for “Des” i came across this:

“ The real Des : The Dennis Nilsen story “

As it’s only a 45 minute documentary I decided to watch in conjunction with Des.

Narrated by David Tennant with interviews of detectives and Nilsen himself. Also includes some creepy home movies of Des with his “ boyfriend “ victims, particularly ironic is a home video showing one of his victims digging in Des’s garden, his final resting place !!

Available on Magnetdl

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

To The Lake aka Epidemiya

8 part Russian TV series about flu like disease killing everyone just dropped.

Subs need to be downloaded separately from Subscene.

Seems quite good, some nakedness in the first episode.

Cheers - will check it.

If anyone is interested there is a scene release with English subs.

Epidemiya.S01E01.Episode.1.1080p.NF.WEB DL.AAC2.0.x264 NTG.mkv

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

To The Lake aka Epidemiya

8 part Russian TV series about flu like disease killing everyone just dropped.

Subs need to be downloaded separately from Subscene.

Seems quite good, some nakedness in the first episode.

You have a way of sniffing out the one with the nudes in, i.e warrior ????

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2020 at 11:45 AM, sanuk711 said:

Extreme Fare Dodgers  CH 5 --5-Oct, Its the second episode, but I can not find anywhere to say how many there are--

£200,000 (8 million Baht) everyday is the conservative estimate of how much London transport loses to unpaid -or fare dodgers. Cameras go with the teams of transport Police , stopping buses and checking the tubes (subways). As they still don't want to pay , you get the usual arguments/runaways/don't speak English etc. With the help of computers now tracking, some people owe up to £3,000 in unpaid fares. Surprisingly (or not) there is hardy an English accent from the majority stopped.  Eastern Europeans top the list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just watched it, did not hear one English accent from those stopped, all of them were foreign, must have been the 'racist' film makers. Daft system that lets people on without tapping in the card ????

• Like 2