Jump to content
BANGKOK
CharlieH

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Currently watching "Summer of Rockets" on BBC iPlayer and so far halfway through, a well acted and intriguing production and just love the cars and clothes of the late 50s-early 60s England.

This one, and several others, eg Pennyworth, Christine Keeler, use such beautiful Classic cars, where do they all come from. And to make say London look like it was back in 40s, 50s, 60s, must cost millions

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troll post removed, and quoted response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to these doco's.

Just released by ESPN.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched Jim Davidson's Robin Hood pantomime on You Tube. So so politically incorrect it is hilarious and brilliant. Sinderella is next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brassic season 2 is out , in the usual places.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

An oldie but very goody from 1990.

I'm surprised I missed it until now.

Apparently based on a true story but I didn't see it as a documentary but rather an amazing story and wonderfully compelling movie.

Oddly it's not the total downer that you might expect from a movie of this era and theme. In other words, it's very entertaining. 

 

 

 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murder in the Outback

 

In 2007 there was an Australian documentary about the Peter Falcioni / Joanne Lees story, now Chanel 4 in the UK has just produced one with the same name and subject matter, it looks interesting and seems to be creating a bit of a stir.

 

I can't find a spoiler-free link and can't see it in the usual places as yet but will check back in a couple of days.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

^

It is in the 'usual places'.

I cannot find episode 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Joanne Lees story, now Chanel 4 in the UK has just produced one with the same name and subject matter, i

Is it called "Joanne Lees story"?

 

if so IMDB isn't listing a new on --just the 2007 one----

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Murder in the Outback

 

In 2007 there was an Australian documentary about the Peter Falcioni / Joanne Lees story, now Chanel 4 in the UK has just produced one with the same name and subject matter, it looks interesting and seems to be creating a bit of a stir.

 

I can't find a spoiler-free link and can't see it in the usual places as yet but will check back in a couple of days.

Channel 4's version went out last night in UK & was seen by me this morning. I enjoyed it but felt there should have been a follow up.

Edited by evadgib
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, evadgib said:

Channel 4's version went out last night in UK & was seen by me this morning. I enjoyed it but felt there should have been a follow up.

It's available now on Rarbg.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, newatthis said:

It's available now on Rarbg.

I see episodes 2 and 3 but not episode 1 anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...