BANGKOK
CharlieH

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

On 6/11/2020 at 12:44 PM, Digitalbanana said:

Out tomorrow...

gets excellent reviews (sometimes the kiss of death for us mortals) but it is Spike Lee's latest, Can't wait.

4 minutes ago, paddypower said:

gets excellent reviews (sometimes the kiss of death for us mortals) but it is Spike Lee's latest, Can't wait.

Not that excellent. IMDB gives it a 6.9.

Posted (edited)

''Idiocracy'' this oldie (2004) has been recommended to me many times. finally watched it last night. Idiotically funny, with spot on observations that are applicable today - and it doesnt drag on, at 80 minutes. Which is to say why one film critic wrote:

'The film was shelved good and hard after its initial release, and it's not difficult to see why. It's just a little too close to genuine reality'

(expecially when one sees how the White House gets protrayed.

Interesting to read from the producer of the tv series ''Braindead'' (which protrays the shallow nuttiness of Washington DC) that it was pulled by NBC after one season, for much the same reason. 

No use letting people know that the lunatics are running the asylum.

BRAINDEAD 444ca2dc.jpg

Edited by paddypower
add photo

34 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Is there a tutorial on how to use Rarbg ? thanks. (if relevant, I use uTorrent)

PM sent

29 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Not that excellent. IMDB gives it a 6.9.

IMDB reflects viewers ratings. and that's ok for me. movie reviewers whose tastes I like include some of the team at RobertEbert.com, Richard Roeper, GlobeMail, Rolling Stone . Just sayin'

Watched a movie last night from 2010 called, "The Way Back" and thought it was good (IMDB 7.3 rating). Was actually looking for one of the same name just released, so will watch that tonight!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newatthis said:

PM sent

thanks, you're a star

2 hours ago, paddypower said:

Already available on some torrent sites.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Watched a movie last night from 2010 called, "The Way Back" and thought it was good (IMDB 7.3 rating). Was actually looking for one of the same name just released, so will watch that tonight!!

You always dig up some good "oldies". Of a similar genre As Far As My Feet Will Carry Me (2001) is also excellent.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2020 at 2:35 PM, mtls2005 said:

Thought Da 5 Bloods was amazing. Much of it was filmed here, in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. The last frames show the entire Thai crew.

Delroy Lindo should get an Oscar nomination. Clark Peters a supporting nod.

Watched it & didn't find it enjoyable at all (also too long at 2.5 hours) though I do take your point that Delroy Lindo did an awesome acting job. 

Didn't see anything of Bangkok in there (all the city scenes looked like they were in HCM) & the CM parts were jungle so unrecognisable as such... I wouldn't watch it for the Thailand link. 

• Like 2

Marcella is back (Season 3) & for anybody who's into the Goldmining reality shows (I love them) Bering Sea Gold is back with a new season

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Marcella is back - Thanks

Bering Sea Gold is back - but no thanks.

.........you know what they say about pleasing all of the people all f the time!

Thought I'd watch "Manhunter" from 1986 again, hard to understand the 7.2 IMDB rating it gets, as it's slow, the acting is mediocre, very overrated IMO. Yet when I first saw it, before the other Hannibal movies were made, I thought it was great. Just shows how tastes change.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Thought I'd watch "Manhunter" from 1986 again, hard to understand the 7.2 IMDB rating it gets, as it's slow, the acting is mediocre, very overrated IMO. Yet when I first saw it, before the other Hannibal movies were made, I thought it was great. Just shows how tastes change.

Maybe tastes change.

I just think that most movies or shows don't age well.

• Like 1