What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

9 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Thanks for the link, Interrogation looks very interesting, it gets a bit of a negative write up but I like the idea behind it... 

The newest CBS All Access original at least gets originality points for using the nature of streaming to experiment with form. The gimmick here is that, outside of the first and last hours, the remaining episodes can be viewed in any order you choose. This will allow you to piece together the evidence of this true-crime-inspired tale (about a man convicted of murdering his mother but who has spent two decades proclaiming his innocence) as you wish.

https://www.metacritic.com/pictures/february-2020-tv-preview/4

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1

Just binge watching  THE STRANGER wow ,on the edge of my seat ,you can download from the usual places , it starts where a girl sits down next to a guy and tells him his wife faked her pregnancy . from there on its all twists and turns ,best thing i have watched for a long time .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tifino said:

last night, got to watch 'The Railway Man' 

-  a dramaticised depiction of he reality of The Bridge on the River Kwai

- really showed up the whitewash that was the Alec Guiness feature flick

Here's a link to the IMDB description and writeup.

41 minutes ago, tifino said:

last night, got to watch 'The Railway Man' 

-  a dramaticised depiction of he reality of The Bridge on the River Kwai

- really showed up the whitewash that was the Alec Guiness feature flick

Yes it was nothing at all like in the movie ,well not when we went there for a day trip and got the train over the bridge .????

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 6:41 PM, xylophone said:

I managed to get an excellent copy of 1917 and watched it yesterday, and I thought it was riveting, although a movie buff friend said he didn't find it that interesting at all??

I also downloaded Midway and although I liked it, the CGIs did spoil it a bit, but then again how else are you going to create these aircraft and dog-fight scenes? However on that note I have seen better in the past I think.

I also watched a movie called "Where we Disappear" and it is based on a play/book, and it's fairly hard going and I have got no idea what the ending was all about! Disappointing for me.

Have got involved in the "Trial of Christine Keeler" and looking for the next episode, and talking of episodes, I did notice that Sam Neill was involved in a movie about the finding of Tutankhamen's tomb, however it seems to have disappeared and even though I have managed to locate one or two episodes on the likes of Pirate Bay, there are no leechers so I've not been able to download them........anyone have any ideas?

Watched 1917 last night, was very disappointed. Just started Line of Duty, excellent. 

21 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Watched 1917 last night, was very disappointed. Just started Line of Duty, excellent. 

Do you mean the UK TV one roo860 ? The A12 dept--I see there is an American movie just out same name.

If you liked Please Like Me (set in Australia) you'll probably also like Everything's Gonna Be Okay (set in Southern California) because they are both Josh Thomas projects. However in my opinion Please Like Me was better (so if you haven't seen that, watch that first). 

Although both have gay interest, Please Like Me is more for a general adult audience and Everything's Gonna Be Okay is more for a "family" and teenager demographic. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

Ted Bundy: Falling for a Killer.

There's been a lot of stuff on Bundy this past 12 months.
This one's from a different angle though.
Comes from his ex-partner and surviving victims.

The first 2 episodes are very good.
All 5 episodes available.

On Thursday, Channel 4 will screen a new documentary called Barrymore: The Body in the Pool, and from the title alone most people in Britain over the age of 30 will know exactly what it’s about. That title, however, is also telling: while people remember Michael Barrymore, the fallen TV entertainer, the man who was found dead in his swimming pool 19 years ago has remained largely anonymous. **Essex weekly news

The rape (sodomy) and murder of a young man---at a party -full of names------which filled the UK Tabloids for some time, a new look at it still running after 19 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Can you advise where?

TIA.

I was advised to download 'VLC Media Player' which I did. I didn't understand it really but after a little tweeking about it shows it in English subs. I think it comes up with Norwegian as well depending on preference.

The first series is out there all in English, subbed by 'Sno'. God knows why he didn't do the other series.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Thanks 1

Is anyone else digging The New Pope (season 2 of the young pope)?

One of the most original shows Ive ever seen.

Love the erotic vibe and humour that Sorrentino has brought to such a rigid environment.

Episodes 1-8 now available, two more left.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I was advised to download 'VLC Media Player' which I did. I didn't understand it really but after a little tweeking about it shows it in English subs. I think it comes up with Norwegian as well depending on preference.

The first series is out there all in English, subbed by 'Sno'. God knows why he didn't do the other series.

Just looked on TPB.

The one's showing up as COMPLETE German both have English subs.

They're just not hard coded like sno's.

Series 3 is there as well.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

The one's showing up as COMPLETE German both have English subs.

I have no idea how to get the English subs up. I downloaded them twice from TPB but just kept getting German subs on play.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

56 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I have no idea how to get the English subs up. I downloaded them twice from TPB but just kept getting German subs on play.

You need to go to subtitle and go to sub track.

You should have 4 tracks.

It's number 2.