BANGKOK
CharlieH

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Reviews aren't the thing thing I look at.

But if something keeps getting awful reviews, like Capone, I don't bother.

As far as IMDB goes, 7.00 is pretty much a par score for a decent movie IMO.

I disagree completely. A 7.0 rated film, is typically a very good movie and one that is highly rated on IMBD. And I much prefer user reviews over pro reviews. 

I agree about Capone. Tom Hardy is outstanding. Even he could not save this absolute turkey. I think I rated it a 3.0

Edited by spidermike007

3 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Just finished watching it and enjoyed it ,but just realized as it was a true story they had to stick to the FACTS and could not make it into the usual PC story ,so no openly gay married couples ,no black men  married to white women or visa versa , no trans people ,it must have broken the hearts of those in charge at the BBC .😉

'Murder in the car park' on Ch4 is looking good for the same reason; It's a true story of a murder in UK cira 1987 & the 15 mins or so that I have just watched has caught my interest sufficiently to watch the full monty later this evening (90 mins).

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 8:39 PM, bert bloggs said:

Just watched the first part of a 3 parter "the Salisbury poisonings " enjoying it ,all parts on lime.

I've watched all three episodes. I thought it was a well produced series, a very enjoyable watch.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I've watched all three episodes. I thought it was a well produced series, a very enjoyable watch.

Yep, I thought it was pretty good as well.

Would've been good if they said what happened to the two accused Russians and

what action the (UK) took afterwards.

• Like 1

I just stumbled upon this on Netflix 

It reminds me of a 70’s Poliziotteschi movie 

I'm looking for a Dutch TV series that's supposed to be very good. Klem (The Blood Pact) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5544138/

Three seasons have been shown on Channel Four and shouldn't be hard to find, but I've been looking on the usual suspects and have had no luck. Does anyone know where to find it?

This one is a tad old ,but just watched the three episodes ,it about the young days of Del Boy and Rodders ,from only fools and horses,its called Rock and Chips , great fun and in the usual places.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:15 PM, sanuk711 said:

I am not getting that Peter---I get them asking if I would allow for people to see my phone number...share data etc as below----maybe because I was a member ofTtwiter when it first kicked off, then left .......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review your current settings
Please take a moment to read and agree to your current selections.
Discoverability
Let others find you by your email address

Let others find you by your phone number

Personalization
Personalized ads
You will always see ads on Twitter based on your Twitter activity. When this setting is enabled, Twitter may further personalize ads from Twitter advertisers, on and off Twitter, by combining your Twitter activity with other online activity and information from our partners.
Learn more

Personalize based on your devices
Twitter will always personalize across the devices you’ve used to log in. When this setting is enabled, Twitter may also link your Twitter account to your other devices — ones you’ve never used to log in to Twitter — to help measure and improve your experience.
Learn more

Personalize based on places you’ve been
Twitter always uses some information, like where you signed up and your current location, to help show you more relevant content. When this setting is enabled, Twitter may also personalize your experience based on other places you’ve been.

Data
Share your data with Twitter’s business partners
This setting lets Twitter share non-public data, such as content you’ve seen and your interests, with certain business partners for uses like ads and brand marketing.

Honestly, who cares.

On 5/29/2020 at 10:31 AM, Metropolitian said:

Yesterday : Episode 10 of Picard

The last of the season

mVQeLlo.gif

Picard as a bumbling old fool. Absolutely horrid. Painful to watch.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The Great.

Satirical period piece, Elle Fanning as a young Catherine the Great in the russian court of Peter.

Same writers as the movie The Favourite, edgy dialogue, made me laugh out loud.

3 hours ago, touch said:

I'm looking for a Dutch TV series that's supposed to be very good. Klem (The Blood Pact)

TV Chaos has it  :thumbsup:

Thanks DD unfortunately I'm not a member and registration is closed

• Sad 1