What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

Dateline.AU  

Same as the other dateline programs around the world.....send a team into a hot spot -----go under cover.

So if I don't mention what country they sent them to , then this may not be deleted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available in the usual places.......

don't know how they managed to get cameras etc into & out of that country a few days ago

3 hours ago, touch said:

Rectify is really good can really recommend. Finished all to soon though. 

Liked the first 2 seasons OK. Adelaide Clemens did a helluva job with her accent, good actress. Then I got tired of the main character and didn't care what happened to him long as he was off my TV screen.

Justified was off to a good start, then I found the villains too stereotypical and disgusting, g'bye. ????

On a more positive note, I found a new-to-me light SciFi movie: Frequency. Time-traveling, might work in w/ those we mentioned recently.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0186151/

I haven't seen it, however, could be really bad or OK, not expecting too much. 

25 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Liked the first 2 seasons OK. Adelaide Clemens did a helluva job with her accent, good actress. Then I got tired of the main character and didn't care what happened to him long as he was off my TV screen.

Justified was off to a good start, then I found the villains too stereotypical and disgusting, g'bye. ????

On a more positive note, I found a new-to-me light SciFi movie: Frequency. Time-traveling, might work in w/ those we mentioned recently.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0186151/

I haven't seen it, however, could be really bad or OK, not expecting too much. 

“ Frequency “ is more about the bond between a father and son and not so much sci-fi .

I thought it was okay when I watched it, but it was 20 years ago !!

Overly long list, many have already been mentioned, but giving them another thumbs up.  Added a few more all American series I believe except the last 3 

Deadwood and Justify both excellent IMO, and both coincidentally have Timothy Olyphant.   Remember finding Rectify several years ago, also very good. 

A fairly recent favorite in the Sci-Fi, Drama, Mystery series for me is Fringe, 2008-2013.   Serenity movie, and  related Firefly series (2002) good Sci fi 

Mandalorian season 2 just started (Star Wars based) Timothy Olyphant in first episode

The Boys, just finished season 2. Category listed as: action, comedy, crime, sci fi , superhero.  

Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and Dexter are favorites, started back in 2006-2008, Better Call Saul (the prequel to BB), one more season to go likely 2021.  Growing up in the Southwest U.S. both the city and desert rural scenes are like going home. 

Ozark excellent, I also enjoyed Mad Men. The Kominsky Method  on Netflix 

House is a favorite 2004-2012 Hugh Laurie, 

Suits from 2011 was excellent, Meghan Markle was sexy as well as all the ladies.   

Prince Harry is a Woke man who believes in letting the woman be in control . Once you go black (partially) you (can) never go back ????????  

Poldark thoroughly enjoyed (thanks to this thread) went back and saw first 4 seasons, while the 5th was ending.   Safe 2018 Michael C Hall series was good.  Chance, 2016 Hugh Laurie is a good drama mystery thriller - 2 seasons.   

There you go

• Like 1

DNA   A Danish police thriller about kidnapped babies, some of these

foreign series are very good,never used to watch foreign stuff,but 

with Covid and less english series ,films, out, now i am glad i did,

Italian, Norwegian,and now Danish every bit as good as BBC or ITV

I watched DNA on BBC iPlayer, they have 3 episodes out so far.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

DNA   A Danish police thriller about kidnapped babies, some of these

foreign series are very good,never used to watch foreign stuff,but 

with Covid and less english series ,films, out, now i am glad i did,

Italian, Norwegian,and now Danish every bit as good as BBC or ITV

I watched DNA on BBC iPlayer, they have 3 episodes out so far.

regards worgeordie

???? I can only find versions with Scandinavian subs - Mind, I still have wistings to watch.

19 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

“ Frequency “ is more about the bond between a father and son and not so much sci-fi .

I thought it was okay when I watched it, but it was 20 years ago !!

It was just OK. Good production values. It's about the bond of course but very much sci-fi as well as the plot hinges on various interventions from the future into the past and how the future then changes in unpredictable ways. Hardly an original idea but this is one take.

15 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Overly long list, many have already been mentioned, but giving them another thumbs up.  Added a few more all American series I believe except the last 3 

Deadwood and Justify both excellent IMO, and both coincidentally have Timothy Olyphant.   Remember finding Rectify several years ago, also very good. 

A fairly recent favorite in the Sci-Fi, Drama, Mystery series for me is Fringe, 2008-2013.   Serenity movie, and  related Firefly series (2002) good Sci fi 

Mandalorian season 2 just started (Star Wars based) Timothy Olyphant in first episode

The Boys, just finished season 2. Category listed as: action, comedy, crime, sci fi , superhero.  

Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and Dexter are favorites, started back in 2006-2008, Better Call Saul (the prequel to BB), one more season to go likely 2021.  Growing up in the Southwest U.S. both the city and desert rural scenes are like going home. 

Ozark excellent, I also enjoyed Mad Men.   on Netflix 

House is a favorite 2004-2012 Hugh Laurie, The Kominsky Method

Suits from 2011 was excellent, Meghan Markle was sexy as well as all the ladies.   

Prince Harry is a Woke man who believes in letting the woman be in control . Once you go black (partially) you (can) never go back ????????  

Poldark thoroughly enjoyed (thanks to this thread) went back and saw first 4 seasons, while the 5th was ending.   Safe 2018 Michael C Hall series was good.  Chance, 2016 Hugh Laurie is a good drama mystery thriller - 2 seasons.   

There you go

Fringe, too much out there on the fringe. Like Ozark despite some of the repulsive characters, but it lost momentum with increasing complexity; well, had to go somewhere. Have the latest season on the list. Laura Linney's a good actress and can be rather attractive.

Liked Serenity & Firefly, watched both twice. Mandalorian, no, panders and lacks depth. The Boys--I lost interest in superheroes after about high school. Wish I had my old comics collection, be worth a fortune. Sometimes it can work, e. g., Batman Returns, more depth than most. Don't care a lot for comedy for some reason. Dexter had potential but me, I don't care for the sight of blood, esp. my own. ???? It's episodic rather than sequential, no?

Mad Men, enjoyed partly because of the nostalgic appeal. I don't have much desire to watch it again, however. Suits was good until Season 5 when Ross was outed. Lost the main dramatic tension then and it was downhill from there. (Reminds me of the loss of critical characters in Ray Donovan.) Tempted to watch the last season to see Katherine Heigl. She's come far since Roswell (there's purported Southwest for you), kept herself up nicely, and I happen to find her appealing.

Chance, not bad though a bit cartoonish. I'd watch another season if it'd ever come out.

The Kominsky Method looks interesting, will put that on the list. I have Deadwood on there, too. We live in an era of available movie/series overload. Just digging thru so much stuff to find the nuggets takes a lot of time . . . .

On 10/31/2020 at 7:19 PM, Skallywag said:

Deadwood and Justify both excellent IMO, and both coincidentally have Timothy Olyphant. 

He's also in 'Santa Clarita Diet'. I've just finished all 3 seasons and can't help but think that if Clint Eastwood and Jim Carrey ever had a love-child he would look exactly like Tim.

????

• Like 1

Watched all four seasons of Jack Whitehall: Travels with my father so I obviously liked it.

I know him from Fresh Meat, which I also liked.

The father is painfully and hilariously old style posh British gentleman.

The first season includes episodes in Thailand.

The many moments of mirth are clearly mostly engineered, but that didn't bother me.

You can look forward to meeting Winston (after Churchill), the Thai Luk Thep child angel doll that gets adopted by the father.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1