What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

9 hours ago, xylophone said:

The title has very little to do with the movie, so don't be put off by it!

It was a good film, saw it a few years ago, but seeing as it's based on the novel which is also called "Mudbound", surely that has a lot to do with the movie being called such ????

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

It was a good film, saw it a few years ago, but seeing as it's based on the novel which is also called "Mudbound", surely that has a lot to do with the movie being called such ????

Whoosh........my point was not to take too much notice of the title, as it could be off-putting to some folk, irrespective of the fact it came from a novel. ????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

THE SISTER on ITV last week. Very good thriller.

Although I gave this a glowing report when I was half way through it I couldn’t help thinking that Nathan would be more suited to Eastenders or Holby City !!

It was bugging me so I checked IMDb and he indeed had done stints in Holby City and The Bill !!

The ending was a big letdown too !!

6/10

( should have listened to Will27, he is always right ????).

• Haha 1

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

Although I gave this a glowing report when I was half way through it I couldn’t help thinking that Nathan would be more suited to Eastenders or Holby City !!

It was bugging me so I checked IMDb and he indeed had done stints in Holby City and The Bill !!

The ending was a big letdown too !!

6/10

( should have listened to Will27, he is always right ????).

They've obviously left it open for a second series.

Carmel: Who Killed María Marta?

This new Netflix series sounds interesting.

Should be available later on today or tomorrow.

Summary: This grisly series is the latest of Netflix’s investigative docs, here examining the 2002 murder of a high-society Argentinian sociologist, found dead in her bathtub. Her husband claimed it was a drowning accident – bullet wounds seemed to strongly suggest otherwise.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Billions season 5 weekly episode on Nflix.

Awful, way too much of the same. The main characters are very boring now. Wendy rhodes is awful.

That thing is still in it too. They really must be stuck for ideas. 

Season 5 came out in May didn't it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watched the movie "Michael Clayton" last night and thought it very good, and don't remember seeing it before.

Now, one could argue that it's old age/dementia setting in OR (and I prefer this one) the fact that I was always busy doing "something else" when movies came out and I rarely went to the cinema, so missed a lot of movies in my time.

I did used to go to a little shop down the road here, many moons ago, to pick up the pirated DVDs, and they didn't always have the latest ones, so that's probably how I missed out, but I'm making up for it now!!

PS. Having said that, seeing a movie for the second time after 10 years or more has also proven to be a bit of a godsend, because there are always things I missed at the first seeing, or misunderstood, and sometimes the pieces fall into place at the second viewing. That's my excuse anyway!

22 hours ago, KannikaP said:

They've obviously left it open for a second series.

I wouldn’t say “ obviously “ !, this was a mini series in 4 parts ran on consecutive nights , not the usual format for a second season and based on the book “ Burial “ which ended in the same way as the tv show.

Having said that, a second season is feasible providing Bob comes out of his coma .

• Like 1

Catch Her if You Can                       BBC2------3/11

**Blurb---Mariam Mola . She seems to have it all.
But this self-made girl boss from London’s docklands is actually a career con artist who has served time all over Europe.
Mariam’s scams haven’t just targeted credit card companies and luxury boutiques. Over the years, she’s also finessed close friends, colleagues and impressionable teenagers who took her at her word.-When Tamara found a suspicious invoice addressed to her husband, she knew something was up. She discovered that her husband had transferred large sums of money to Mariam from their joint account. And she soon realised Mariam had myriad other money-making schemes, too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08vwr8y

• Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 1:10 AM, bobandyson said:

The Queen's Gambit. - Netflix.

Quite enjoyed this one even though I'm not into chess.

Really good, enjoying it a lot too. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by BigStar

Loving (2016).

An emotional story of a white construction worker falling in love and marrying a local black woman .

Usually a common enough story but not in late 50’s Virginia !, you can imagine how well that goes down with the locals ????

Starring Ruth Negga ( Tulip from the Preacher series ) 

• Thanks 1

I watched Season 1 of 'Condor' a couple of years ago and I somehow managed to miss that season 2 went out around 4 months ago.

I believe the TV channel which was going to air it no longer exists so it may have been rescheduled but it's popping up in the usual places.

If you download it then beware that there's a few fake season 2 torrents out there (it's really season 1), get just the first episode to confirm that it's the right one!

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

24 Hours in Police Custody-------8/11   CH4---part 3

Parts 1 & 2 were released in Jan 2020 although the story is not connected. they can be watched on YouTube.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Blurb--focuses on the importation of huge quantity of Class A drugs.  A consignment weighing more than 100kg has been intercepted while being imported into the UK from Europe. To reveal who is behind this, an undercover operation is authorised to closely monitor the shipment, using audio and visual equipment, as it travels to its final destination at a farm in rural Hertfordshire.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

24 Hours in Police Custody-------8/11   CH4---part 3

Parts 1 & 2 were released in Jan 2020 although the story is not connected. they can be watched on YouTube.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Blurb--focuses on the importation of huge quantity of Class A drugs.  A consignment weighing more than 100kg has been intercepted while being imported into the UK from Europe. To reveal who is behind this, an undercover operation is authorised to closely monitor the shipment, using audio and visual equipment, as it travels to its final destination at a farm in rural Hertfordshire.

Do you mean S10 e03, coz I can't find it on YouTube?

12 minutes ago, faraday said:

Do you mean S10 e03, coz I can't find it on YouTube?

No it’s s09 e03 i doubt its on Youtube yet, it was aired last night.

His dark materials s02 started last night too ..

We wasted nigh on 2 hours of our lives watching the new mutants last night, don’t bother with that.

Undercover S02 starts again .. Monday .. today, but not as yet. Would have been ideal, it’s hammering down here, I could easily spend all day infront of the TV.

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Will27 said:

No Man's Land 

Have not seen any of it but it's getting some good reviews.

Summary: A family grieves the death of their daughter in a suicide bombing. Meanwhile, her brother suspects
she is still alive after glimpsing her in a news report and sets off to find her in the Middle East.

Whole series available on RARBG.

French with no subs?