What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

How do I get this movie (Bleeder) to play full screen? No matter what I play it on, Windows Media player, VLC, or on my big screen TV it only plays like this. It's a MKV file.

P1050933.JPG

Edited by giddyup

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

How do I get this movie (Bleeder) to play full screen? No matter what I play it on, Windows Media player, VLC, or on my big screen TV it only plays like this. It's a MKV file.

Never mind, worked it out.

Netflix to release this 4 part series on the Yorkshire Ripper on Dec 16 .

Not sure what more can be said that hasn’t already, many docos on YouTube, having said that I will probably watch it .

From the same people that brought you “ Don’t f##k with cats “.

• Thanks 2

Watched the movie "The Nest" and thought it was good, and have always liked Jude Law who stars in it. This, even if the ending was a bit abrupt, but befitting the theme of the movie.

Also have just watched the movie "Greenland" with Gerard Butler (another actor whom I like) and it was a good evenings entertainment provided the intellectual side of the grey matter wasn't required.

On the subject of Gerard Butler........his film "Law Abiding Citizen" is a must see if you haven't seen it, and is one of my favourite movies.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

What program do most people use for downloading YouTube?

I am using download helper at the moment and I get a few problems with it.....Thanks

I'm using a Firefox add-on called 'Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express'.

Used it for about 2 years now and never had any real problems with it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Netflix to release this 4 part series on the Yorkshire Ripper on Dec 16 .

Not sure what more can be said that hasn’t already, many docos on YouTube, having said that I will probably watch it .

From the same people that brought you “ Don’t f##k with cats “.

Yes, the BBC screened a documentary in 2019: 'The Yorkshire Ripper Files - A Very British Crime Story'
That was three one-hour episodes.

Edited by bluesofa
misprit
  • Like 1

Has anyone found Season 05 of "Le Bureau des Legendes" ("The Bureau") with professional English subtitles?

There's someone on Subscene who did an unprofessional job - Incorrect English grammar etc. plus not interpreting into English the languages other than French.

Was so glad to find there was a 5th season, now frustrated.

Edited by JimmyJ

8 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Has anyone found Season 05 of "Le Bureau des Legendes" ("The Bureau") with professional English subtitles?

There's someone on Subscene who did an unprofessional job - Incorrect English grammar etc. plus not interpreting into English the languages other than French.

Was so glad to find there was a 5th season, now frustrated.

Yes, there are a season pack from Blu-ray  - try this 

The.Bureau.S05.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264

I didn’t see any 720 or SD

Edited by recom273

10 hours ago, recom273 said:

Yes, there are a season pack from Blu-ray  - try this 

The.Bureau.S05.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264

I didn’t see any 720 or SD

recom273 thank you.

If that is a link it is not working.

Which site are you seeing that on?

I happened upon some random web list of "30 Best Comedy Movies" and of course I had seen most of them. I think I will want to watch Duck Soup again though.

But of those that I hadn't seen both Lost in America and The Princess Bride sounded interesting. Not in a rush to watch The Princess Bride but I did watch Lost in America and found it surprisingly entertaining.

Of course it's very dated but there are themes that still resonate.

The ups and downs of American capitalism and work culture.

Early retirement.

The need to keep hold of that nest egg. 

Romantic notions of freedom of traveling on the road vs. actual realities.

Satire about Easy Rider vs. Motor Home living.

Of course most importantly in the case of comedies, I found it funny. Especially Albert Brooks.

Edited by Jingthing

Half way through “ Truth Seekers “and enjoying it , good to see Nick Frost taking the lead role from Simon Pegg this time and much better than his last offering about the kid lying about having cancer !!

Julian Barrett makes a welcome addition ( loved him as Howard Moon in the Mighty Boosh ).

Only hope it doesn’t go downhill as a “ madman tries to take over the world “ scenario appears to be starting, anyhoo, time will tell .

Gotta watch a bit of Howard Moon Man of Action now .......

On 11/17/2020 at 5:59 PM, xylophone said:

I have been spending a bit of time on the BBC iPlayer watching various documentaries, including one about the Vikings, which I found interesting because apparently my colouring relates to the redheaded Vikings (Eric the red) and one which uncovered the fibs which have been told about various events which have happened throughout British history, like the Armada for example.

However the best was a documentary based on the films taken at the time in 1944/5 when the Russians were bearing down on Berlin (and it is called Berlin), and Hitler's efforts to persuade his army that they were going to be victorious, when in fact they were surrounded and in a terrible state.

The film was genuine and laid bare a few things about the war which I had never even considered.........once the Russians had taken Berlin, rapes were very common, even that of an eight year old girl, and more alarmingly they spread gonorrhoea at a great rate, so months after they took Berlin there were many unwanted pregnancies and STDs.

A fascinating three-part series and has to be the best I've seen of its ilk. 

Is this Berlin 1945, from BBC four ?

Sorry - scrolled down and found my answer further in the thread

Edited by canthai55

48 minutes ago, Nemises said:

New TV series "The Flight Attendant"

About a hot, alcoholic hostie who likes to give "extra service" to her passengers up in first class - hence makes for entertaining viewing ???? ????

BKK features in the first Ep. 

Disgusting Sir..blaady disgusting ????

p.s.available for download by any chance...????

• Haha 1

Thought this was a good watch.

The woman in question got off lightly IMO.

Got it at Lime but I've seen it on other websites as well.

BBC Panorama - Return From ISIS - A Family's Story

Summary: The extraordinary story of one family's journey from a small town in America to the heart of the Islamic State group and back. Filmed over the last four years, journalist Josh Baker investigates the story of Samantha Sally. After arriving in Syria, her husband became an ISIS sniper and her young son Matthew was forced to take part in an infamous propaganda video. Samantha Sally, who is now in prison, describes her life with the terror group and the part she played in buying sex slaves. Her son Matthew, now 13, says he thought he’d never see America again

• Thanks 1