What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

19 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

I'm no wannabe mobster, gangster or wiseguy but I do love the genre, with The Sopranos amongst my very favourite programs and The Godfather being my favourite film. Everyone and their dog know of the Godfather trilogy but I just came across the 1977 tv edition, The Godfather Saga (aka The Godfather Epic).

It is simply the first two Godfather films edited so that they are in chronological order rather than jumping back and forth through time. The best thing about it is the inclusion of several deleted scenes, which I am loving.

If you like the genre and haven't tried Gomorrah, do yourself a favour and have a look.

30 Coins

Episode one, dubbed or with subs on RARBG.

Summary: The eight-episode drama series follows Father Vergara, an exorcist, boxer, and ex-convict who is exiled by the church as the priest of a remote town in Spain. As his past and old enemies come back to haunt him, strange things begin to happen. An unlikely task force forms as Mayor Paco and local vet Elena seek the truth, while reality is distorted by a cursed coin which is at the heart of a global conspiracy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Will27 said:

If you like the genre and haven't tried Gomorrah, do yourself a favour and have a look.

Yes, thanks, we love that. I've just started on Gigantes, that's looking really good judging by the first couple of episodes.

7 hours ago, phetphet said:

TENET, and I haven't a clue. Forward and backward time running together is befuddling my poor brain. ????

Agreed, it's available everywhere now, definitely requires a second screening!

It's not that often I see something very new in a movie but this movie has it....

16 hours ago, phetphet said:

TENET, and I haven't a clue. Forward and backward time running together is befuddling my poor brain. ????

Spoiler Alert! Question: Did Kat shoot Nator with what looks like  flare gun ? If so, why does he only have a small hole in his chest?

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

Did Kat shoot Nator with what looks like  flare gun ? If so, why does he only have a small hole in his chest?

Possibly because the flare from the incendiary ammunition makes the  projectile look bigger than what it actually is.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 7:56 PM, phetphet said:

Also watched it and was utterly bored three quarters of the way through because it had lost me completely.

Too smart for its own good IMO and gone are the days when a movie would hold you from start to finish.

I'm not even going to try to watch it again as it would be a waste of two hours of my life!

PS. And trying to envisage Kenneth Branagh as a Russian "criminal" was another thing I have against it, because he just didn't fit.

Documentary - Who Killed the Lyon Sisters?

Thought this was excellent.
Hard going at times though.
On Lime Torrents.

Summary: The scenario was unfathomable. The details traumatized an entire region. On March 25, 1975, 12-year-old Sheila Lyon and her little sister, 10-year old Katherine, walked half a mile from their home to a shopping mall in Wheaton, Maryland, and were never seen again.

Mosul was okay for an action movie. It's on Netflix. HillBilly Ellegy was okay too. The Liberator series was quite good. I didn't think I would like watching the cartoon-real actors mix but it was decent enough. Only one season of that WW2 series.

Edited by TooBigToFit

Decided to watch "Gladiator" again, only this time the "extended version" which I think was around three hours long?

I couldn't tell what was added to the original, or where for that matter, but all the same it was still very enjoyable.

IMO it is movies like this that will stay in people's minds and be enjoyed for many years to come, along with some other classics, however I just cannot see that the mishmash of a movie I watched the other night, "Tenet" will do likewise.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Will27 said:

Episode 1 out there now at most places.

Yes it was really good as expected but its so annoying when they don't release it all at once! Keep you waiting a full week for each new episode like we are living in ancient times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes it was really good as expected but its so annoying when they don't release it all at once! Keep you waiting a full week for each new episode like we are living in ancient times. 

I just wait until the series finishes and then binge watch.

I'm not one to usually watch one week at a time.

• Like 1