What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

9 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Watching “ Warren “ right now, a pleasant little U.K. comedy starring Martin Clunes as a pedantic driving instructor who believes the world is against him.

Quite funny due to Martin Clunes character who is likened to Greg Davies in Man Down but 

not quite as manic !

Following it up with “ Manhunt “.

Martin Clunes ( again ) in a serious role this time about a true story of a French girl killed on London’s Twickenham Green in 2004. 
3 part mini series from last year highlighting Clunes’s versatility.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Oh no. Get out the flak jackets.

Thought this was be from the BBC & not Ch5 - will the wokeness ever end, what is the world coming to?

Do you want salt of sugar on your popcorn, Will?

:laugh:

Ok, enuff of the jokes...

I saw you posted up that Pennyworth s02 was available - I'd not even watched s01, coz when I saw it was 'based on characters from DC comics', I thought it'd be rubbish. How wrong I was!

Fantastic stuff!

@Will27

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, faraday said:

Thought this was be from the BBC & not Ch5 - will the wokeness ever end, what is the world coming to?

Do you want salt of sugar on your popcorn, Will?

:laugh:

Ok, enuff of the jokes...

I saw you posted up that Pennyworth s02 was available - I'd not even watched s01, coz when I saw it was 'based on characters from DC comics', I thought it'd be rubbish. How wrong I was!

Fantastic stuff!

@Will27

Don't thank me, you'll only embarrass me:biggrin:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Following it up with “ Manhunt “.

Martin Clunes ( again ) in a serious role this time about a true story of a French girl killed on London’s Twickenham Green in 2004. 
3 part mini series from last year highlighting Clunes’s versatility.

I saw series 1 from 2019.  Searching for series 2, I can only find a US series of the same name.

Any clue where I might find it, and the uploader?
Hopefully it's not UKChaos, as I can't get that to d/l any more since their move many months ago.

11 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Channel 5 drama casts a black actress as Henry VIII's executed wife, Anne Boleyn.

Jodie Turner- Smith as been cast as Tudor queen Anne Boleyn in a new period drama.

Comedy gold, what next Brad Pitt to play Martin Luther King? oh no this diversity nonsense only works one way- replacing whites.

43 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I saw series 1 from 2019.  Searching for series 2, I can only find a US series of the same name.

Hopefully it's not UKChaos, as I can't get that to d/l any more since their move many months ago.

Covid has pushed the release date back to next year I'm afraid mate.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Yup, as Will says, only season one available so far.

• Like 1

The Ripper

Not sure if it could be better than the BBC series called The Yorkshire Ripper Files, but I'll have a look.

All 4 episodes out there on RARBG.

Summary: For five years, between 1975 to 1980, the Yorkshire Ripper murders cast a dark shadow over the lives of women in the North of England. 13 women were dead and the police seemed incapable of catching the killer. No one felt safe – and every man was a suspect.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

What’s the problem TVCUK?

17 minutes ago, recom273 said:

What’s the problem TVCUK?

If I knew that, I wouldn't have a problem - ha ha!

Since they moved to a new host I just can't get torrents to d/l. I spoke with tech help, but it wasn't easily resolved.

I didn't persist, as at the time they were overwhelmed with similar issues.
I should really ask again now I assume everything is smoothed out at their end.

I use qBittorent on Linux which worked fine before they moved, afterwards it refused to started downloading.

Just finished 2 seasons of "The Boys" ... Saw the trailer and read the synopsis and thought I don't think i'll bother. Recently, my brothers told me its well worth a watch and they were right. Really well written and really well cast especially Anthony Starr as Homelander who is basically a corrupt sociopathic "Superman". Not for everyone for sure but I found it funny, with over the top violence and a nice subtle reflection of the current state of the world and I can't wait for season 3. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

If I knew that, I wouldn't have a problem - ha ha!

Since they moved to a new host I just can't get torrents to d/l. I spoke with tech help, but it wasn't easily resolved.

I didn't persist, as at the time they were overwhelmed with similar issues.
I should really ask again now I assume everything is smoothed out at their end.

I use qBittorent on Linux which worked fine before they moved, afterwards it refused to started downloading.

Ok - weird - must be something about the announce - maybe it’s cached somewhere, if you use Linux, have you thought about trying to rtorrent? 

12 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Ok - weird - must be something about the announce - maybe it’s cached somewhere, if you use Linux, have you thought about trying to rtorrent? 

Thanks, I've never heard of it.

I used synaptic package manager and d/l it, but I can't see where it's installed. Is is a separate program somewhere?

20 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I used synaptic package manager and d/l it, but I can't see where it's installed. Is is a separate program somewhere?

https://github.com/arakasi72/rtinst

You can install via a script - I’m guessing you are using Ubuntu, which I’m not too familiar with, is there some kind of terminal?

rtorrent is mainly for servers, but it has a web interface Rutorrent - If the problem is with your client, then it might get you up and running again.

4 minutes ago, recom273 said:

https://github.com/arakasi72/rtinst

You can install via a script - I’m guessing you are using Ubuntu, which I’m not too familiar with, is there some kind of terminal?

rtorrent is mainly for servers, but it has a web interface Rutorrent - If the problem is with your client, then it might get you up and running again.

I use Mint Cinnamon.

Thanks for your help. However I clicked n the link above, but already it's lost me. Is this not some straightforward torrent program to install and use?

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Err OK, thanks. I assumed it was out already. That must explain when searching on ITV.com for Manhunt, nothing came up?

filming at the moment, i found typing ''manhunt clunes'' found results, s02 next year,  info on filming here - https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/manhunt-itv-crew-transforms-bristol-4777465

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I use Mint Cinnamon.

Thanks for your help. However I clicked n the link above, but already it's lost me. Is this not some straightforward torrent program to install and use?

It is a straightforward - it just looks daunting.You enter the first code in terminal and wait for it to install. But anyway, I understand you, Linux is like building the car without a manual before you get to sit in it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Did you look in the menu to see whether a link to it now appears there? I like Qbittorent best and should be available via synaptic as well. Suggest you go for that.

Edited by BigStar

45 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Did you look in the menu to see whether a link to it now appears there? I like Qbittorent best and should be available via synaptic as well. Suggest you go for that.

Yes, I went through all the programs and I can't see it anywhere.

qBittorrent is what I always use.

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

The new Expanse season 5 started airing Wednesday 16th, first 3 episodes appear to have gone out and are available already.

I'm not sure on the rest of the schedule.

Looks like the rest of the season has appeared now. 

ETS: Sorry, no, I just saw a new release of S04.

Edited by recom273
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Looks like the rest of the season has appeared now. 

ETS: Sorry, no, I just saw a new release of S04.

After those first 3 were released at the same time it's one episode each Wednesday from now until February for the rest of it.