What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

Just now, Nout said:

This thread should be started as a clean new thread. Its 7 years old, is cumbersome with over a hundred pages and is full of old stuff.

It was restarted at the beginning of the year.

There's a clue in the thread title.

• Haha 2

Internationaly there are great series coming from Europe, South America and the rest of the world. The FB page Walter Presents is one of the best platforms that references TV shows and movies but most of them are subtitled/closed captions. I am looking for recommendations for English Language series, drama, crime, comedy, political...whatever

10 minutes ago, faraday said:

It was restarted at the beginning of the year.

There's a clue in the thread title.

Yes but when I clicked on the link it took me back to the old thread. I was not the clean break I was hoping for. I'll try again.

3 minutes ago, Nout said:

Yes but when I clicked on the link it took me back to the old thread. I was not the clean break I was hoping for. I'll try again.

Click on the link, and then one more click on LAST PAGE and you are here. Magic!

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I enjoyed it more than most of the Walter Presents stuff.  

Sorry I dont understand your comment. WP has hundreds if not thousands of suggested viewing subjects. I doubt you have seen 1% of them. BN has been widely panned by critics and viewers alike irrespective of what WP contributors think. I am glad you enjoyed BN...at least somebody did.

12 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

CBBC !   LOL

I think that might be a child oriented channel. I am looking for adult series, political dramas, crime thrillers , comedies using English language because although I love the Scandi series and Spanish language series I am not watching stuff with closed captions/ sub titles due to an eye/ vision problem.

7 minutes ago, Nout said:

I think that might be a child oriented channel. I am looking for adult series, political dramas, crime thrillers , comedies using English language because although I love the Scandi series and Spanish language series I am not watching stuff with closed captions/ sub titles due to an eye/ vision problem.

If you're willing to take your time and go back, there are heaps and heaps of good recommendations.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nout said:

Sorry Nout, but LOL after a comment usually means that a joke is intended.

Anything free, so it's mostly You Tube for me. I must say, having neglected most of this stuff when I was working, being a Johnny-come-lately has its advantages, like, I keep discovering these hidden gems. My tastes are eclectic, and no way am I a trekky, but just as an example, Star Trek Continues took me back a few years, loved the way they kept the original format, even down to the advertising breaks. Whoever owns the franchise now could learn a lesson or two from the way this fan based consortium handled the subject.

I recently asked for recommendations for new shows to watch. I am looking forward to suggestions but I suspect the Golden age has gone and won't be repeated. Some stuff from the past that bears a second or repeat viewing is ; The Wire. This kind of series will NEVER be made again due to political correctness. The Sopranos is also worth a second view. Better call Saul...also worth another view. Breaking Bad also worth a second viewing. But now I have watched these twice I wait with baited breath for new series that are as compelling.

7 minutes ago, nausea said:

Anything free, so it's mostly You Tube for me. I must say, having neglected most of this stuff when I was working, being a Johnny-come-lately has its advantages, like, I keep discovering these hidden gems. My tastes are eclectic, and no way am I a trekky, but just as an example, Star Trek Continues took me back a few years, loved the way they kept the original format, even down to the advertising breaks. Whoever owns the franchise now could learn a lesson or two from the way this fan based consortium handled the subject.

If you like free..tinyzonetv.to

16 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry Nout, but LOL after a comment usually means that a joke is intended.

Ah. Thanks for the tip. However, it has been my experience that when people have to explain they are making a joke....then usually the joke is not very funny. I made a serious request. Kindly do me the courtesy of responding appropriately otherwise you are just trolling.

• Like 1

" Devils " ( Diavoli )

Thriller in the financial world , a lot of conspiracy theories.

The gross of the actors are Italian, except Patrick Dempsey, and thus English synchronized.

Doesn't come really good over.

I watched it with subtitles, and no sound.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nout said:

I recently asked for recommendations for new shows to watch. I am looking forward to suggestions but I suspect the Golden age has gone and won't be repeated. Some stuff from the past that bears a second or repeat viewing is ; The Wire. This kind of series will NEVER be made again due to political correctness. The Sopranos is also worth a second view. Better call Saul...also worth another view. Breaking Bad also worth a second viewing. But now I have watched these twice I wait with baited breath for new series that are as compelling.

Two that are definitely worth a watch are Get Shorty and Barry. Then of course there is Homeland and Billions, also Deadwood. Also a great mini series The Night Of. Then there's a very good new series, Your Honor. They should keep you going for a while.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well in these 'interesting' times might I suggest the remake of the Stephen King novel 'The Stand'

I guess it puts covid into perspective!

Available in the US on CBS All Access, but I'm sure it's also available in all those usual suspect places.

I am enjoying this also, I want to binge it, but only releasing once a week

On 1/5/2020 at 10:50 PM, JHolmesJr said:

New series started: The Gloaming

Scandi style murder mystery set in Tasmania...liking it so far.

Also a fascinating doco called Root Cause that draws puts forward

some compelling evidence to suggest that dental hygiene can be

linked to many chronic diseases of the heart, kidneys, MS etc etc.

The only time a surgeon leaves dead tissue in the body is during dental

surgery...thats the starting point of the hypothesis.

Are teeth living tissue?

16 minutes ago, Nout said:
On 1/6/2020 at 2:50 AM, JHolmesJr said:

New series started: The Gloaming

Scandi style murder mystery set in Tasmania...liking it so far.

Also a fascinating doco called Root Cause that draws puts forward

some compelling evidence to suggest that dental hygiene can be

linked to many chronic diseases of the heart, kidneys, MS etc etc.

The only time a surgeon leaves dead tissue in the body is during dental

surgery...thats the starting point of the hypothesis.

Expand  

Are teeth living tissue?

known for decades that the Root Canal procedure is the likely focus of the article...   take(burn) out the root and leaving the now-dead tooth carcass behind in situ. it eventually goes brittle and breaks, meaning even more work to be done