What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

The Pale Horse

If you are an Agatha Christie  fan this BBC 2 part thriller started last night---has good reviews from IMDB 8, the papers mixed as it hasn't stayed true to the book.

Man's  name is found on a list of other people named in a dead women's shoe, the list gets smaller as they seem prone to accidents

Boxing day was never the same unless we all gathered around our 10 inch TV screen to watch a black and white Agatha Christie thriller..............:coffee1:

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Mr Jones https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6828390/

Inspired by the work of a journalist who exposed the Russian famine under Stalin's rule.

His work influenced Orwell's "Animal Farm"

Available usual places

Enjoyed this and also binge watched the whole series of The Stranger, last night........enjoyable, but the links became a little tenuous towards the end.

• Thanks 1

Endeavour   S07-----------------ITV

New series of Endeavour Just started last night.

Endeavour season seven comes off the back of the show’s ratings success with the new series launching with a consolidated audience of 6.9m and a 27 percent audience share. The figures make it the drama’s biggest audience since 2014. ===ITV Blurb

image.png.d97751f5464852109252186938917d6c.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmgsnb6zr6o

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 1

JoJo Rabbit is fun and touching with a crazy Adolf Hitler. Two Popes is well written and acted....no car chases. Once upon a Time in Hollywood is great. The Irishman is three hours of mind numbing tedium with Pacino, De Niro, and the little guy doing their gangster turns. The Lighthouse I couldn’t make through the first fifteen minutes. Watched Illustrious Bastards again....excellent movie.

I caught a couple of interesting movies this weekend.

Inherit the viper

interesting concept, A pretty gritty drama about an opioids dealing family in the states.

21 Bridges

Kind of predictable, good scenery, the dramatic soundtrack ran through the majority of the movie. I’m not too sure if it works or not. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mansell said:

The Lighthouse I couldn’t make through the first fifteen minutes.

I found the Lighthouse a bit tedious as well and still managed to watch it until about the last 20 minutes, when I gave up.

Watched "Burning Kentucky" last night, mainly because I couldn't find much else to download, however despite it being a little difficult to get into early on and some of this was the southern drawl as well as a bit of a mixed story, it did pan out in the end and become much clearer, so overall was not a bad watch.

Trying to download an older movie called "Black Robe" but finding it very difficult as it isn't available on some sites and others seem to be infected with loads of pop-ups for other things – – anyone got any suggestions where I might find a good copy? Have tried the PB and RARBG as well as 1337x.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

I found the Lighthouse a bit tedious as well and still managed to watch it until about the last 20 minutes, when I gave up.

Watched "Burning Kentucky" last night, mainly because I couldn't find much else to download, however despite it being a little difficult to get into early on and some of this was the southern drawl as well as a bit of a mixed story, it did pan out in the end and become much clearer, so overall was not a bad watch.

Trying to download an older movie called "Black Robe" but finding it very difficult as it isn't available on some sites and others seem to be infected with loads of pop-ups for other things – – anyone got any suggestions where I might find a good copy? Have tried the PB and RARBG as well as 1337x.

Thank you.

lime eztv?

• Thanks 1

Personally I cant see why neither uncut jems or adam sandler wernt at least nominated if not given the top prize.. luved parasite and thought the joker.. ok..and  pheonix.. in along line of jokers ..did well but neither IMO held a performance like sandler's.. but for me uncut jems not being even being considered, about shows how 'in house and shallow' the Oscar's really are..

Edited by 3 minus 2

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Personally I cant see why neither uncut jems or adam sandler wernt at least nominated if not given the top prize.. luved parasite and thought the joker.. ok..and  pheonix.. in along line of jokers ..did well but neither IMO held a performance like sandler's.. but for me uncut jems not being even being considered, about shows how 'in house and shallow' the Oscar's really are..

I stopped watching "Uncut Gems" after a short while, because it was far too frenetic for me and I've never liked movies like this, in fact some of the earlier Woody Allen movies had the same effect, although I love his directing.

^^^^sori to hear you didnt enjoy it... not the easiest of watches  sandler's character had a chaotic lifestyle,  to say the least, but throughout, for me  he held it all  together  or at least his charecter  made valiant attempts  to . and the ending helped  put it all into perspective..

'le weekend' uk 2013  written by hanif kurieshi starring ji m broadbent and lindsey duncan as  an ageing married couple on an exploritory weekend in paris, a light yet soul searchingly  delightful tale 7/10

the mule  2018 usa   clint eastwood directs and stars as an ex flower grower who gets drawn into delivering drugs for the mexican cartel 

a well rounded script with good direction and solid performances 

7/10

Just watched the first  episode of Agatha Raisin ,a female private detective ,,well the first two series were ok ,but must admit this new one was the biggest load of deleted that i have seen for a long time ,they must have got a schoolboy on a school project to write it . 

On 2/11/2020 at 4:15 PM, xylophone said:

I stopped watching "Uncut Gems" after a short while, because it was far too frenetic for me and I've never liked movies like this, in fact some of the earlier Woody Allen movies had the same effect, although I love his directing.

Try  "Vicky Cristina Barcelona",  I  liked  that.

22 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Just watched the first  episode of Agatha Raisin ,a female private detective ,,well the first two series were ok ,but must admit this new one was the biggest load of deleted that i have seen for a long time ,they must have got a schoolboy on a school project to write it . 

The first season of "Frankie Drake" was tops also. S02 was mediocre while S03 is worse. None of them have the quality that Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries displayed.

Second series of THE SPLIT has just started about 3 female lawyers and their lawyer mum .Nicola Walker is the lead ,always like anything she is in.

I do enjoy it ,but of course its a show where women are the driving force over men ,one sister is married to an Asian Indian ,another white client is married to a black guy  and as a nice touch the Black head lawyer has just announced he is to marry his white male partner,just waiting for the transgender lawyer to turn up ,but i enjoyed the first series and am sure i will enjoy the second one as well 

oh by the way did i mention its by the BBC ,strange they are never usually so PC .????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

User Reviews

1/10  Sadly, it's a NO from me...
January 2020 | by TheTopDawgCriticSee all my reviews

...because it's not fair that out of 6 current reviews, 4 are fake/paid as 1st time reviewers. So if even the film makers and/or producers don't have faith in their own film, what does that tell you about this film?.

Seeing more complaints like this about the ratings on IMDB then, I have ever seen before............................:coffee1:

• Like 1

on right now 'Great Wall of China: The Hidden Story

while going about my TVing, my other ear was listing to the tele'

The narration was talking about how they were wondering why much of the 'mortar' was sooo white!

Turned out they reckoned it was because the mortar was blended with the crushed powder from workers bones... 

They went on... that there's quite a lot of restorations going on...'

and they want to redo the constructions as close top original as possible (the methods and materials)

One's mind strikes many light bulbs, on what to expect to hear next? 

- the obvious expectation is to want to hear them say "...to restore, using 'more' powdered bone!!

but, they spoilt the party, by continuing on the they determined that most of the actual adhesive properties of their mortar, was held together by sticky rice! 

Could you imagine the warped alternative reality;

that the Great Wall finally gets restored using Corana victims bone powder ????  due to the sudden availablity!! 

• Like 1