What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

Good for a bit of a Sunday night veg out 

The Bug Ugly - still the same old Vinnie Jones but his acting seems to have improved. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Season 4 of Fargo has just started.      

Ozark   Series 1-3 available with subs from RARBG   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0   The Byrdes and their teenage kids, Charlotte and Jonah, are, for

This is a little off Topic again---apologies to all----- another great Free E-book site Z Library, they have over 5 million books which they put out in all formats MOBI--EPUB  etc   & 77 mill

Posted Images

Second for "The Big Ugly"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9441638/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Anglo-American relations go bad when London mob bosses invest in a West Virginia oil deal in hopes of laundering dirty money 

There's a great scene near the beginning with a bunch of Southern rednecks in pick-ups flying the Confederate flag.  "you're all loosers yet you keep flying the loosers flag" or word like that 

:smile: 

On 4/13/2020 at 11:19 AM, stouricks said:
On 4/7/2020 at 9:03 AM, Will27 said:

Tv series - Twin

Episode 1 of this new series just dropped on Lime.
You can get a subbed version or the whole series with hardcoded subs.

Summary: When a young mother is responsible for the accidental death of her husband, she persuades the dead husbands identical twin to take his identity.

This is the first TV I have watched with sub-titles, and it does mean that I do not take my eyes off the sceen for a moment in case I miss something. Very good series, well made. I actually went on Google Earth to find wheree it was made....Sakrisoya in the Lofoten Islands, what a beautiful place.

I downloaded this months ago after seeing the recommendation here. I've only just got around to watching it.

Even allowing for the fact it's in Norwegian with English subtitles, I ended up binge-watching it over two nights. I felt it was well-acted and a good, unusual story.

• Like 2
On 7/19/2020 at 3:29 AM, BritManToo said:

Cursed ....... a series about King Arthur before he became king.

The most 'woke' POS ever produced.

Apparently half of medieval England was non-white, including a black Arthur.

And the lead woman is a very plain fat chick.

We all like different things of course, but to me this was one of the best series I have watched since GOT, big budget, plenty of slaughter, just when you get to know a character they get snuffed, brilliant stuff.

Give it a chance, forget about the PC, it's not rammed down your throat, can't wait for series 2

• Like 2
2 hours ago, faraday said:

House Of Hummingbird.

Well worth watching, although a little slow in parts, the acting is very good. A lovely story.

Available on the bay, the 720 copy by Galloon is best, as the subs in the 1080 are a difficult to configure.

Four stars from Ebert:  :thumbsup:

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/house-of-hummingbird-movie-review-2020

The only one I can find one there is a 720 version on there by 'Ganool'.

There don't seem to be any subtitles though?

Hmm yes...I spent about 30 minutes messing around with the subs.

I first d/l the 1080 files from Torrent downloads, then got them from open subtitles.

The subs wouldn't sync or display correctly, so I d/l the 720 Ganool movie from the bay, & then it was ok.

Bit tedious, but it's a good movie.

Good luck! 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, faraday said:

Hmm yes...I spent about 30 minutes messing around with the subs.

I first d/l the 1080 files from Torrent downloads, then got them from open subtitles.

The subs wouldn't sync or display correctly, so I d/l the 720 Ganool movie from the bay, & then it was ok.

Bit tedious, but it's a good movie.

Good luck! 😀

Thanks Faraday.

It was more straightforward than I imagined, never having had to search and add subtitles manually before.

Works fine, thanks to your clear instructions.

Now just got to watch the film.

• Like 1