Bangkok Bank Be1st Debit Visa Card (w/chip) Usage 1/1/2020 Onward

During a visit last week to Bangkok Bank's HQ Complex on Silom Road, I showed a desk agent both my active Be1st Debit Visa Card (w/chip & 4-digit PIN) and my active Be1st Debit Mastercard (w/chip & 6-digit PIN; TPN) and asked when the former will no longer be usable?  With an expiration date in mid-2021, he replied I may continue to use it until it's expiration date. 

Today (1/1/2020) at a Bangkok Bank ATM (not a Bangkok Bank Branch location), the Be1st Debit Visa Card (w/chip & 4-digit PIN) worked the same as always for a cash withdrawal.  Now, I haven't yet tried using it for an in-store purchase.  The first few times I do, I'll carry the Be1st Debit Mastercard (w/chip & 6-digit PIN; TPN), and cash as always as backup, expecting any eventuality.    

Since over the years we have all come to expect different answers/results from around the Kingdom, it would be helpful to read if anyone has experienced a declined transaction on 1/1/2020 onward (ATM, in-store purchase, online purchase, etc) using their current Be1st Debit Visa Card (w/chip & 4-digit PIN).

SIT

Current Bangkok Bank Visa chipped cards issued years ago will continue to work until they expire.  That's what Bangkok Bank Silom Rd HQ branch told me last year.  My current Bangkok Bank Visa debit card....chipped...4 digit PIN...good till mid 2021 still working fine...used it on 1 Jan 2020 to withdraw from an ATM.

I have a chipped Be1st Smart Rabbit Visa debit card that will expire in 2022. I've been told that I will be able to use it until it will expire. I haven't had any notifications to the contrary, neither displayed at the ATM nor mailed to me.

For what it's worth, I used it at a Bangkok Bank ATM yesterday and it still worked as per usual.

Today (Jan 3, 2020), I used the Be1st Debit Visa Card (w/chip & 4-digit PIN) to make an in-store purchase.  No issues at all; works the same as it always did.  The information I obtained last week at Bangkok Bank's HQ Complex on Silom Road is confirmed. 

Coupled with confirmation posts from ubonjoe, Pib, and Caldera of what they have heard over the past several months (thanks gents for the feedback), all appears well w/the Be1st Debit Visa Card (w/chip & 4-digit PIN) until their respective expiration dates.

Accordingly now 3 days into 2020, since there have been no posts these past few days stating any issues by members using this card, Mods please feel free to close this thread as deemed appropriate.  Thanks.

SIT 

Archived