Where to buy Bangkok Post paper in Jomtien

Card

Hi,

Sometimes I like to read a local newspaper rather than read it online but for various reasons do not want a subscription for delivery. Can anyone tell me where I can buy the Bangkok Post in Jomtien without a subscription?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

yeah i noticed, any idea? easy to get to Pattaya

I dont have transport and a long trip by baht bus or Grab to Pattaya to get a newspaper does not seem credible does it?

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

The copy shop on the corner of Soi 6 and Jomtien Beach Road sells the Post, I bought one there two weeks ago when I was heading to Immigration so I'd have something to read. That was in the late morning, but they tend to sell out if you leave it until the late afternoon.

Brilliant. Thanx for that suggestion. Just been there on my bicycle and bought one - there and back in 15 min unless I stop off at the police box gym. They arrive at 8.30am so my morning routine is cycle, gym, paper, shower, coffee, read! Thx again.

Edited by Card
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, champers said:

So that's a chemist and a copy shop that sell newspapers. Whatever happened to a newsagent?

I expect there isn't much call for them. Even in the UK they have diversified, if they survive at all. We live in a world of gormless people who can't take their noses off their mobile phones. 

Edited by jacko45k

I went into Asia Books on the third floor of Central a few weeks ago looking for a Post and either they'd already sold out or else they didn't stock it any more.

Not many places left to get it nowadays, though if you've got wheels there's a small Thai newsagent on Thepprasit, around 100 yards after Soi 10 as you head to Soi 8, who always seems to have the Post.

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 10:42 AM, Card said:

Brilliant. Thanx for that suggestion. Just been there on my bicycle and bought one - there and back in 15 min unless I stop off at the police box gym. They arrive at 8.30am so my morning routine is cycle, gym, paper, shower, coffee, read! Thx again.

What's the Police Box Gym?

Where to buy Bangkok Post paper in Jomtien

Why , don't they have toilet paper in Jomtien?:tongue:

Only kidding , I know very little of the paper.but when will I get the chance to use that come back again.

9 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Foodmart

Many thanks for that. I often wondered if it did but I only go there in the afternoon and never saw it so maybe they had just sold out. A good fall back shop if the other one has sold out coz going to Foodmart means crossing 4 busy and dangerous roads for a return trip.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 5:01 AM, talahtnut said:

I cancelled the subscription because its politically biased, and the sudoku is kids stuff.

Don't know about sudoku but you can't operate a newspaper in Thailand of you are not politically biased for the prevailing junta,  or whatever flavor,  of the week now is in power 

Also the little independent grocery store between Country Road and the Police Station.  Like FoodMart, they don't order many copies and are often sold out early.  The good thing about the store is that the BP is in a visible rack outside, so no need to get off your motor bike if you don't see it.  I buy it several times per week and the Soi 6 location mentioned earlier seems to have the most copies and has the best availability later in the day.

That little news shop between Thepprasit sois 8/10 is also very good.  They usually will have the previous day's issue too, for those occasions when I forget to buy the Sunday paper and still want it on Monday.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...