Polishing composite granite counter top

samtam

I have recently installed a new kitchen including a composite granite counter top.

Unfortunately it seems to easily stain with water marks, such as this ring from the bottom of a glass:

681595188_Countertop1.jpg.c14100d655a19955b421574c5a8d3745.jpg

1668185062_Countertop2.jpg.c3f785bdd5b632dfcb5491137e815d97.jpg

Rather stupidly I used the Thai equivalent of Vim to try and remove it, and I have only made it worse. I think the solution is to try and have it professionally polished. Can anyone suggest and comptetent contractor, or a better solution? 

1 hour ago, johng said:

Where are you located ?    first I would try asking the contractor who supplied the worktop about polishing.

In Bangkok. Yes, I will, after the great return next week.

1 hour ago, bankruatsteve said:

My guess is that it's not granite or a composite.  It shouldn't stain like that.  Maybe try a bit of baking powder paste and give a light rub.

It's not granite, but possibly a composite. I'll wait until the contractor has a look at it.

Having read up about it on Google, (a dangerous thing, I realise), I thought polishing it out might work, but I think I've scratched it, so maybe just have to live with it. It's pretty to look at, but obviously not ideal in a kitchen where water and liquids are par for the course.

Looks like the same sh1tty material I used, 1 stain soon becomes many after about 6 years -  I am just about to look at polishing it myself with a buff and car polishing /cutting compound - I expect it to result in a dullish finish which will be far better than the mess it's in now, my alternate is to replace it if unsuccessful with real stone????

Oh, that's disappointing! Having been renovating for the best part of 6 months, moved out everything, and now only moving everything back in, I am very reluctant to change the counter tops, knowing the disruption and the mess. I am also ticked off that it's about as useful as a chocolate teapot. I poured drinks on NYE, and the soda water has left bubble marks where I was doing that. <deleted>?

Archived