Public Bus Service Pattaya - Ban Phe/Rayong HowTo???

gessi2000

Staying on eastern Seaboard with a rental car brought me to Mae Pim and Ban Phe coast as wanted to find some new places not willing to go to Koh Samet.

Yesterday and today at around 4p.m. I found a obviously new medium sized public bus stating the route between Pattaya and Ban Phe which would makes sense as I don't like Minibuses at all and would prefer that kind of public bus but...

This bus was parked opposite the Nuantip pier looked absolutely new but all people and vendors around only wanted to sell minibus tickets.

So I found the driver in his blue shirt sitting opposite at a small bus stating talking with the minibus mafia guys and asked him when 'his' bus is gonna leave to Pattaya and where to buy a ticket.

His answer simply was 'Mai loo' meaning I have no idea.

It seems to me that there is no information around about this service and where to on-/offboard in Pattaya.

Anyone got an idea??? I made some photos attached.

However I believe it's a typical Thai way to prevent 

IMG_20200102_155234.jpg

IMG_20200102_155311.jpg

IMG_20200102_155532.jpg

IMG_20200102_155755.jpg

Strikes me that this vehicle is basically an oversize minibus and is as equally liable as a normal-sized one to be found thundering its way along Highway 3 between Pattaya and all points east in a manically-driven manner!

Archived