Jump to content

Plastic bags: New public enemy number one - but is blurring them out on TV really necessary!?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yep they blur out cigarette smoking,bare breasts but they're happy to show a thai man beating the <deleted> out of his wife or girlfriend,no wonder there is so much domestic violence.But then we

Whenever I see anything blurred out I just assume it’s a Japanese dick. 

I'm with the 80%   

Posted Images

People should live their life consciously by using their conscious mind not, just see or not to see things don’t make any difference they are still there as a remaining problem anyway,  if our eyes take control instead of our brain on our acts that’s won’t be working the way it should be. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If something is blurred out, then it never happened.  I noticed on the news reports about the opening of Thai Parliament that all the watches were blurred out.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rimping is offering wonderful textile bags which replaces the plastik bags..... of course properly packed in strong plastic.... every single bag..... and imagine all that useless plastic around fruits ? Next step or wishful thinking ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

 

How is using reusable cloth bags (vs. plastic) more damaging to the overall environment?

 

We for quite a long time have been using/reusing our own heavy cloth bags to carry groceries home from the markets. Take them to the stores with us empty, bring them home full. Wash them in the washing machine when needed. Continued to use the same several sturdy bags now for some years....

 

 

I've post the links time and time again. I'm tired of it. Look for it yourself and you'll find the studies easily enough

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that his ministry and eight TV companies had come to an understanding that when filming things like series and the Thai soaps companies should stop showing the use of plastic bags.

Soon we'll just get an edited version of the credits... nothing else will be allowed.

Farcical!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be a good idea to blur the complete soap opera, I am sure this would contribute to better health and minds of the people.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, zydeco said:

I've post the links time and time again. I'm tired of it. Look for it yourself and you'll find the studies easily enough

 

I'm not sure what exact issue you're raising, but the main one I'm aware of is health related, not environment related, in that there are various kinds of reuseable bags (polypropylene, etc)  that aren't washable and have been found to harbor bacteria and lead in some cases.

 

But AFAIK, those issues go out the window if the reusable bag someone is using instead is a regular fabric cloth bag that can be wash, cleaned in bleach and then reused.

 

Also, some of the issues about studies finding fecal matter in reuseable bags apparently relate to people placing the bags in the seat area of shopping carts where young children are sometimes seated by their parents... I can understand that, but also can understand that it's pretty easy to simply not place one's bags or food items on that part of the shopping cart.

 

Overall, I don't find anything reasonable that suggests washable, reuseable cloth grocery bags are somehow more of an environmental problem than non-degrading plastic bags so commonly in use here. despite a lot of media and PR efforts by the international plastics industry to publicize one-sided issues as a means of opposing the increasing societal efforts to ban plastics.

 

 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

 

I'm not sure what exact issue you're raising, but the main one I'm aware of is health related, not environment related, in that there are various kinds of reuseable bags (polypropylene, etc)  that aren't washable and have been found to harbor bacteria and lead in some cases.

 

But AFAIK, those issues go out the window if the reusable bag someone is using instead is a regular fabric cloth bag that can be wash, cleaned in bleach and then reused.

 

Also, some of the issues about studies finding fecal matter in reuseable bags apparently relate to people placing the bags in the seat area of shopping carts where young children are sometimes seated by their parents... I can understand that, but also can understand that it's pretty easy to simply not place one's bags or food items on that part of the shopping cart.

 

Overall, I don't find anything reasonable that suggests washable, reuseable cloth grocery bags are somehow more of an environmental problem than non-degrading plastic bags so commonly in use here.

 

Okay, this is the last time. Look up some of this stuff yourself, instead of doting on emoticons.  http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/globalassets/Documents/RaISe/Publications/2014/environment/8314.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guitar God said:

Whenever I see anything blurred out I just assume it’s a Japanese dick. 

So funny - (but of course I have no idea what you are talking about 😆 )

 

But my watching of Lakorns will be fun now I know what's really behind the blur.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zydeco said:

Okay, this is the last time. Look up some of this stuff yourself, instead of doting on emoticons.  http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/globalassets/Documents/RaISe/Publications/2014/environment/8314.pdf

 

That's hardly any kind of convincing document, and mostly concerns itself with comparing the greenhouse gas and municipal solid waste impacts of plastic bags vs paper and polyethylene, etc. It doesn't address at all the broader impact of plastic pollution in the seas and impacts on wildlife, etc... 

 

But more to my broader point here re using reuseable cloth bags, it only barely mentions reuseable cloth bags, except in its greenhouse gas analysis.  And frankly, considering I've been using my cloth bags for several years now, I'd say I've already met their thresholds for reuse to make my cloth bags a better alternative than the others solely based on the greenhouse gas analysis.

 

Lastly, for a serious scientific evaluation of the overall merits of such things, I don't think I'm going to rely on a 5-page document produced by the Northern Ireland Assembly.   :w00t:

 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...