BANGKOK
rech

Laundromat Automatic Washing Machines Coins Operated Laundry in Thailand, just a trend or profitable business ?

hello,

What do you think about these new laundromat ? otteri, maru, laundrowash, wash and dry, clean pro, etc...

so many brands, so much competition, for so expensive washing machines everywhere, with so few customers.

do you think that this business could be profitable ?

how many will close because of expensive rent ?

or maybe it's not clothes that people who open this business have to launder ? 🙂

please tell me what i dont understand.

Thanks guys

I didnt go over the numbers, but just a gut feeling that this business model is profitable if at the right location and some business / marketing sense.

However, the only problem I see ( and it is a very big problem ), the concept can be easily copied. So if you put in the work and time to make it successful, it will be quickly copied.

• Haha 1

Do you call this a business model ?!

Yupp, I think this could do well if you can figure out a way to make it unique or too difficult to copy.

I still believe that they are not profitable when you have to pay a 10000+ rent monthly.

Only the franchise company will make profit from the idiots paying for it.

I don't think they are profitable unless a very low rent. Maintenance will eventually go down hill and customers will go elsewhere. A shop near me pays 20k rent a month, plus Otteri costs whatever they are plus all the initial outlay costs which are very high, 250k a machine from Japan.

They can't increase prices either or people will go elsewhere.

I use an Otteri weekly, no need to buy a machine

Edited by scubascuba3

A shop near me seems to do well, I believe the rent is 6k and is in a busy market area so very visible.