Primary school boy in Korat steals his soldier dad's gun and shoots friend at school

webfact

Primary school boy in Korat steals his soldier dad's gun and shoots friend at school

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU5OS83OTk5MjYyL2tvcmF0LmpwZw==.jpg

A primary school boy who took his father's gun to school this morning and was showing it off to a friend shot his pal in the chest after it went off. 

The boy was in class 4/4 at the well known school in Muang district of Nakhon Ratchasima. The incident took place on the third floor of primary building 7. 

Both boys are in P4. 

The victim was hit in the right side of the chest with the bullet exiting through the back. He was rushed to hospital with serious injuries. 

The boy who shot the gun took it from his father who was away on training. The father is a serving officer in Korat while his mother is a teacher at a Muang district school. 

Sanook did not say if it was the same school where the shooting occurred. 

Children in P4 - the fourth grade of Thai primary school - would be aged about nine or ten, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-03

นักเรียนชั้นป.4ทำปืนลั่นใส่เพื่อน3.jpg
Picture: INN

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

They keep them in unlocked carry bags? Yikes.

And loaded.

How soldiers are allowed to keep arms at home? Being soldier doesn't make that gun legal. 

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Something has obviously gone very wrong in his upbringing.

Not been taught safety and to respect firearms? But any gun should be locked away in gun safe, don't know what the rules are here for legal storage of firearms. 

14 hours ago, Vacuum said:

I wonder if the kid with the handgun has been subject to bullying from the kid that was shot? 

Doesn't make it OK to shoot other peole but perhaps part of the situation.

Just one possibility / just an assumption of course.

20 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

A soldier thinks it's fine to leave a loaded gun about the house.....the immaturity of Thai males never ceases to amaze me.

Yes why would a soldier need to keep that at home when no one is at war? Other countries weapons are locked in an armory.

15 hours ago, Vacuum said:

33 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I wonder if the kid with the handgun has been subject to bullying from the kid that was shot? 

Unless you subscribe to the "cover up" train of thought did we read the same article? The kid was showing off the gun to his mate, something I have no doubt a hell of a lot of kids that age would do all around the world ... if they had a dumb <deleted> father that left a gun and ammunition laying around unsecured.

Did the same myself as a kid; but no firing pin and no ammo (colt 45 my dad brought back from WWII).

10 hours ago, roo860 said:

Not been taught safety and to respect firearms? But any gun should be locked away in gun safe, don't know what the rules are here for legal storage of firearms. 

You are wrong teaching them anything here is a waste of time as they never listen, let alone abide by the normal rules. Parents can take full responsibility for this , failure to ensure safe and secure dangerous items in a house. Kids are kids, but coupled with B AD or USELESS parenting this happens. SAs one parent ids a serving soldier and the other is a teacher, God help the country, as one protects and the other educates. Well they have both failed in their primary tasks. .      

Something very seriously wrong with the culture of this place. Death, destruction, negligence at every turn and a complete lack of intelligence within the ‘general’ population to even acknowledge and respond in a mature manner.

Just now, JRG23 said:

Something very seriously wrong with the culture of this place. Death, destruction, negligence at every turn and a complete lack of intelligence within the ‘general’ population to even acknowledge and respond in a mature manner.

And in relation to foreigners, Thais believe they are God's chosen people. We're expected to know every nuance of the culture before we arrive and small mistakes are not well-tolerated.

6 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

I suppose you can get a license in Thailand for a home-protection sidearm?

Owning a firearm in Thailand has been legal since 1947. The Act Controlling Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, Fireworks and Imitation of Firearms only allows people to obtain licenses to own guns for the purposes of self-defense, protection of property, sports or hunting.Oct 13, 2017

The parents here just dont seem to worry i am still amazed at how relaxed they are with everything and think it will never happen.

Then again we bought a puppy here that got really sick and everyone said to change its name and it will be better??

We changed it from Sandy to Lucky i think it died 2 days later!

Archived