BANGKOK
rooster59

Happy New Year....immigration swoop on 83 year old Brit on 4,929 day overstay

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

No, I wondered the same myself, but I have no idea. 

Perhaps he was 'dumped' there? There are numerous cynical Thai - bashing speculations possible, but I refuse to go down that road. 

Other TVF members have chastised my compassion but I still believe clemency is warranted in particular cases. 

Possibly wife's husband dumped him at immigration like an unwanted dog after money ran out? Pure speculation of course. Nonetheless let it serve as a warning to others not to run out of money in Utopia. Youre only as good as your last dollar especially at 83. I've seen demented old fools falling into this trap. Instinctively wanting to stop the upcoming mess, but you can't fix it when an older person has lost their marbles.

Edited by Langkawee
  • Like 2

He's as guilty as sin but for the sake of humanity given his age just stick him on a plane back to the UK as soon as possible I doubt he would survive months in that IDC 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Enoon said:

..........and celebratory cackles from the "tricoteuses" of Thaivisa.

I had to google it and I quite agree, except of course if the tricoteuses were being supported be those unscrupulous farangs.🤔

Sooner or later one of these old men is going to die in the IDC. If so, hopefully the UK tabloids get hold of it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Sooner or later one of these old men is going to die in the IDC. If so, hopefully the UK tabloids get hold of it.

While what you say is true I really don't see anyone losing sleep over it.

Sad as it may be, that's the way the world is.

• Like 1

You have proof of this? A Musk follower perhaps.

In Thailand, always be worth more alive then dead. And by extension, always have more value when you are around, then when you are not. This means, no buying any property and putting it in anybody else's name, not matter how sugar n' spice it may seem at first.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2020 at 2:33 AM, Old Croc said:

only the good die young. Some of the most infamous people on the planet reach high age

I guess the infamous didn't enlist for military srvice to save the world.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I guess the infamous didn't enlist for military srvice to save the world.

Many of the infamous had their own military.

17 hours ago, observer90210 said:

In Thailand, always be worth more alive then dead. And by extension, always have more value when you are around, then when you are not. This means, no buying any property and putting it in anybody else's name, not matter how sugar n' spice it may seem at first.

This is not going to help if you are a demented old fool or friends and relatives are threatening and overbearing. 

Anybody heard any more about him?

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2020 at 9:21 AM, Chazar said:

They  like to  immediately  pin any problem on the local foreigner, had it  here many a time...........local water  supply has had a lot  go  "missing"....... first thing they say.....check baan farang he got many tree, had about 6 people turn up at the gate, told em to sod  off...............later it  turns  out 3  people  in the  village  all illegally  taking water....no  apologies to us + we  have our  own water  supply via  lake and underground wells. Their water  supply is barely  ever  used because 1 its filthy dirty 2  regularly  broken, 3  full of snails worms etc

Just one example  of the "stories" they love to spout.......got  many more if  you have  all day....cutting down trees was another..............more  rubbish never  cut a thing. Then there was the  filling holes in the road  where it "wasnt my  job" but they could  never afford to do it.

Please tell more, I find this interesting, hadn't thought about being a farang in the village before and the kind of things they would like to pin on us

On 1/14/2020 at 1:20 PM, Hansum man said:

Please tell more, I find this interesting, hadn't thought about being a farang in the village before and the kind of things they would like to pin on us

I have a friend who lives in a village up in sticky rice land he get blamed for everything

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2020 at 8:47 AM, Isaanbiker said:

The public were urged to keep calling 1178 to help with this initiative.

I keep calling this number to report my overstaying neighbor but nobody picks up.

Ditch the snitch! 

hop you use a public phone and NOT ur MOBILE !!!!