Happy New Year....immigration swoop on 83 year old Brit on 4,929 day overstay

rooster59

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

People overstay for various reasons and sometimes its not intended or deliberate. Once on overstay its a dilemma what to do. At his age there could be any number of reasons, yes its wrong to overstay but give the guy a break, you don't know his history.

At his age?

I know the history of his criminal overstay started at 70 not exactly a feeble age.

He is sitting up, appears to be able to walk, and has a fairly heavy looking type purse strapped on.  

And, he has been "living" here so probably has some source of income.

One would think he could figure out his "reason" over 13 years.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, thasoss said:
41 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

What do you mean by that?  What should I know better?

because your posts are always so judgemental

You're probably not smart enough to understand the irony of what you said.

1 hour ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Yeh, imagine the sort of person who revels in an 83 year old being put in a squalid prison.

Totally repugnant character imo, lowest of the low

Who was "revelling" in his arrest and where did it say that he was in a squalid prison?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The public were urged to keep calling 1178 to help with this initiative.

I keep calling this number to report my overstaying neighbor but nobody picks up.

Ditch the snitch! 

so dont call....let them do their jobs....one might be classed as "working?" !!!!!

1 minute ago, lwn320 said:

Why is it that, police in Thailand always seem to find the oldest and most vulnerable of expats. I doubt wether they would arrest a strapping 6 foot overstayer or probably when he first overstayed he was a strapping 6 footer and they waited till he was old enough for the police to handle. 

Well..you obviously haven't come from The Nation's endless reserve of "we hate Farangs" bunch of newbies.True flash in the pans they are.

Best of luck with your posting career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

At one time the British Embassies used to pay your fare back home maybe the system got abused and they used to take your passport off you until you had paid them back 

I don't know what they did way back when, but for a large number of years now, they have allowed people to linger in IDC for months and months awaiting on friends and relatives to send the cash. They have no time for what they class as ' feckless tourists and miscreants ' and really make a person sweat.

Even British prisoners that are repatriated under the transfer prisoner agreement with Thailand cannot get another passport until they have repaid the British Embassy for their airfare home.

Most of them travel back on emergency travel documents issued by the Embassy but are ' put on stop ' in applying/ receiving another passport until they have paid up for their return flight from Thailand.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

They wouldn't be arrested by the police, which sh1thole do you come from? It's definitely not a western country!! 

They would be assessed in their home and there would be due process.

Not chucked into some disgusting cell and then the even worse inhumane IDC

They sure would be arrested by the Border Agency in my country, maybe the police would be involved also.

Where did it state that this chronic overstayer has been "chucked into some disgusting cell and then the even worse inhumane IDC"?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 2