Happy New Year....immigration swoop on 83 year old Brit on 4,929 day overstay

rooster59

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Yes  monitor person,

I was asking questions, if you make suggestions you should be able to define the outcomes.

I have no idea how many illegal over 80 year old there are, do you?

Set precendents expect the unexpected

Monitor person? Here I am, stung by your rapier wit.  I did define the outcome in my reply.  There aren’t a lot, but my guess 13.  Have a nice life.  

Edited by Ramen087
  • Like 2

Just now, Aussiepeter said:

Oh - and for those who want to know about his health. If he ever needed to see a Doctor, old David went to Mae Taeng hospital and the lovely old lady there, who knew his wife and also his financial situation, would see him but put it on his Thai wife's medical record. Which is why in future years when someone looks at those records, they will see that in 2003 MRS Gaewboonrung Smith had a small cyst removed, from her left testicle. Not all Thais in government jobs are insincere - many are very caring folk. (David assumed anyone reading the records would perhaps think he had  married a ladyboy) !

Ah yes.. thank you OZZIE peter.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

How pathetic coming out with a comment like... Got to rid Thailand of criminal elements and foster peace and stability in the Kingdom.????

Silly bug++r is just a long time overstayer, criminal, seriously!!!

Overstaying & illegal entry are criminal offences in Thailand, whether we like it or not. In fact Thailand ain't that different to many other countries in that regard. Do the same thing in Australia and you could end up on Christmas Island (there are/were Kiwi nationals there). I'm not picking on Oz, just that that's an example. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well..I couldn't give a flying squirrel about Poty under the very best of circumstances.

However the English words are deflection,displacement and denial.

In this case it is displacement as it is immensely satisfying to kick an old age pensioner when he is down..makes you feel better..

Deceive, inveigle and obfuscate work well too.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

How pathetic coming out with a comment like... Got to rid Thailand of criminal elements and foster peace and stability in the Kingdom.????

Silly bug++r is just a long time overstayer, criminal, seriously!!!

How much money has he spent and how many Thai families has he heped to support during that time?

Get rid of this arch criminal immediately!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you imagine at 83 arriving at Heathrow in the middle of winter in shorts, T Shirt and thongs, with possibly no family or friends to take you in, but instead thrown into some depressing old folks home where you can spend your final days in misery. I think I'd be throwing myself of the highest floor they have at Swampy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Have you ever considered that I understood what you thought was a joke, but didn't find it funny?

Do you think I asked why you wanted to know my age just so you could amuse yourself with a silly answer?

If you don't have an answer to my question, don't expect respect next time you ask something.

..grumpy old man!  lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

If the way Pattaya plod treated that 70/80 year old in their reception area is anything to go by then then any chances of compassion being shown are 0% - or did you miss that little gem ? 

How about this little gem?  This man is in Hua Hin, not Pattaya and he was arrested by Immigration officers, not Pattaya police so what you quoted is nothing to go by.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Can you imagine at 83 arriving at Heathrow in the middle of winter in shorts, T Shirt and thongs, with possibly no family or friends to take you in, but instead thrown into some depressing old folks home where you can spend your final days in misery. I think I'd be throwing myself of the highest floor they have at Swampy.

Indeed, what a thought. 

He should have thought ahead.

Cases like this were the reason I decided to get Thai citizenship. 

Some here have this Colonial attitude that think they have some kind of right to stay here for a long time, while their only contributing to Thailand is maybe by helping a Northeastern buffalo vet.

Stop moaning about immigration laws and do what needs to be done to comply, it isn't that hard. 

I have a neighbor in a similar position, he sits at home all day moaning about the weather, politics etc, can't even speak to his neighbours as in his 49 years here he thinks Thais should learn English!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

If the way Pattaya plod treated that 70/80 year old in their reception area is anything to go by then then any chances of compassion being shown are 0% - or did you miss that little gem ? 

It all ended happily as far as I remember.

The assumptions made so far without the slightest evidence:

1. He's got Alzheimers

2. He's going to die in IDC

3. He's penniless

4. He's harmless

5. There was a battalion of troops to arrest him & c.

One question worth asking is about his passport. Has he renewed it in the 13 year of overstay, or is he passport-less?

• Like 1

He overstayed his Visa in Thailand.  He broke Thailand's law on day one of overstaying his Visa.  Therefore, he committed a crime in Thailand.  He is a criminal with respect to Thai law.  His age is irrelevant in this matter.  He broke the law.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1