BANGKOK
rooster59

Happy New Year....immigration swoop on 83 year old Brit on 4,929 day overstay

Well now Hua Hin is a more sure city, not criminal around, this is the last. And policies arrest him received a promotion and the spy 1000 Baths. LOS news

• Like 1

if he dies in IDC this WILL be a diplomatic incident, expect the UK press and (subsequently) the Foreign Office to be all over this.

i'd be handling this with a lot of care.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes.."jobsworths" is a more than adequate description..

I presume that they "swooped" via parachute...all those "wings" the muppets display.

All these officials and jobsworths with their para wings on their uniforms make me smile.

I used to teach a very nice guy at the NACC, a deputy secretary general, who came to work in his uniform one day, complete with para wings.

Many years ago, I was in the SAS Reserves (23 Regt, really) and did my 2 week para training at the old RAF Abingdon No 1 PTS so I asked him about his training.

He was a bit shame-faced when he told me that it turns out all they have to do is ONE jump from a 30 foot tower - not even one live jump from a balloon or aircraft!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pathetic, let him live out his last days here. Whoever gave the OK for this raid is lacking in basic human sympathy. I used to be a bureaucrat, and a strictly straight down the line guy, but even I wouldn't have authorised this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mister Fixit said:

All these officials and jobsworths with their para wings on their uniforms make me smile.

I used to teach a very nice guy at the NACC, a deputy secretary general, who came to work in his uniform one day, complete with para wings.

Many years ago, I was in the SAS Reserves (23 Regt, really) and did my 2 week para training at the old RAF Abingdon No 1 PTS so I asked him about his training.

He was a bit shame-faced when he told me that it turns out all they have to do is ONE jump from a 30 foot tower - not even one live jump from a balloon or aircraft!  

If they survive from 30 feet, they have earned em I guess not even enough time to open a shute really

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

orders from Thailand immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang to rid Thailand of unwanted criminal elements and foster peace and stability in the kingdom.

and then nabbing this probably harmless poor <deleted> for just overstay (this might well be may be his death sentence)

.... disgusting and merciless

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

If they survive from 30 feet, they have earned em I guess not even enough time to open a shute really

The tower is not practice for joining the Pattaya Flying Club, The jumper wears a harness attached to a rope which in turn is attached to a fan.  The fan slows the rate of descent sufficiently to simulate an actual parachute landing.  i did it once. Scared me witless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just got down from looking around in my attic.

I think I can hide 10 to 15 expat scum up there.

No air conditioning. Sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

This goes to show these TM30 and 90day reportings are a waste of time. 

Why do immigration need to take 13 years to nap an overstayer when everything is in the computer system?

This is laughable.

His overstay probably predates the implementation of computer records.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAG said:

His overstay probably predates the implementation of computer records.

Or they were dumped to make way for more storage ,