Koh Larn: Mob of drugged southerners attack jet ski operator after "no photos" argument

rooster59

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

I guess the operator didn't want photo evidence of the existing damage on the jet skis, which he no doubt would have tried to extort money for on their return !!!

Normal scam 

You hit the nail directly square on the head with that statement. Honestly most of the time these operators are the bottom sludge of the barrel, so this time they kind of got a pay back. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes, I have worked with these guys on a few offshore oil rigs.

Proper tough boys, keep out of their way.

I agree. Once had a knife pulled on me and my buddy just off a boat to Kho Samui 27 odd years ago. Hot heads to the max. Don't mess with those southern cats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I guess the operator didn't want photo evidence of the existing damage on the jet skis, which he no doubt would have tried to extort money for on their return !!!

Normal scam 

My thoughts on the matter.

Mob violence is unacceptable under any circumstances though

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, robblok said:

700b is pretty cheap. 2500b for an hour, 1500b for 30minutes most places ive been. I am white though so its the customary discriminatory racist pricing where im violated and treated like an object instead of a human being... and i gopro every ride. Never been scammed apart from the initial price which i do haggle.. Im a lot bigger than the operators and look like i would go off handle any monent so maybe it helps????????

Perhaps it was less expensive because the hire was for several vehicles, and also being bigger they may concerned you will damage the ski??