BANGKOK
rooster59

Koh Larn: Mob of drugged southerners attack jet ski operator after "no photos" argument

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Why are so many people /justifying/defending the violence inflicted on a fellow human?

Oh well, looks like you're the odd one out. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Ah Songkhla, why am I not surpriced...

Yea tell Me Why?   

1 minute ago, digger70 said:

Yea tell Me Why?   

songkhla is always in news for stabbings, shootings..

2 minutes ago, ta158 said:

songkhla is always in news for stabbings, shootings..

No more the anywhere else safe as an house down here , It's a bit further  thats were the trouble  is.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

The ones in Koh Larn have never been trouble, Beach Road that’s another story

In Ko Larn the scam is just the same.

I've seen a group of japanese tourists being threatened and extorted by jetski operators on Tien beach.
They where not allowed to leave until they payed a huge amount for so called damage.

Edited by freestyle
  • Thanks 1

I find no humor in the injury, or misadventure of another. Those that do, I wish them well. Well far from me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, digger70 said:

No more the anywhere else safe as an house down here , It's a bit further  thats were the trouble  is.

I read news in thai everyday, songkhla are among the worst regarding shootings and stabbings.  I was not referring to terrorism shootings in deep south.

Latest shooting in songkhla was today or yesterday.. but maybe you already heard of it, as you seem to know much 🤣 

A man who told his female co worker to stop talking in her phone with her boyfriend got shot dead at his home after work... by her boyfriend for just telling the woman to stop talking in her phone during work hours.

Edited by ta158
Wrong word
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, falang07 said:

Proper tough boys, 20 on 1, yeah, cowards as ususal 

You did read the part about the operator and several associates being injured?

I'm not in favor of vigilante violence, unless the local cops are in on the scam.  Which seems to often be the case in jet ski scams.  Whether that's the case here or not, I don't know. 

What seems clear is that it wasn't a random attack.  Whether it was justified, I'll leave for the locals to sort.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, z42 said:

Poor show from the cops <deleted> testing them btw, drug driving on a jet ski (which they never actually commandeered in the end) is a pointless kick in the balls really. What purpose could it possibly serve

They were tested for illegal drugs, had nothing to do with driving a jet ski.  

• Like 1

These Songkla boys will be flabbergasted with the enormous  expensive hospital bill coming from the jet ski owner.. Jetski folks are very good getting a fortune from scratches so in this case he will milk it till the last drop...Is it a neck brace will he ever walk again?

13 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Why?  What has he been reported as doing previously that deserved the "karma" of the beating?

Hi there, you come across as if you've just stepped off the boat or are being mawkishly green for some reason. I don't know what has previously been reported, but it's a pretty good bet that being 'enraged' and swearing at customers is a bit of a red flag and suggests the kind of operator he is. I'm not condoning it, but that is not normal Thai behaviour.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, champers said:

So wrong, but jump on the bandwagon with everone else celebrating violence. Jetski scamming is over in Pattaya. It was only ever a small minority anyway, but it seems the sheeple take all jetski operators to be the worst type. Nice logic.

That's the power of the media. I don't know any falangs who would even consider renting jetski because of the reputation of the operators.

13 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Why are so many people /justifying/defending the violence inflicted on a fellow human?

Karma, he has many years of intimidation and cheating behind him. I feel no sympathy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1